RCT Discussion / RCTLL - GOG to Awesome

• chorkiel%s's Photo

So I've been trying to use this method;

http://www.reddit.co...s_reuploaded_1/

But whenever I try to install Setup-1-US I get the following error;

Error determining size of file C:\Users\[my name]\Desktop\GOG to Awesome\GOG to Awesome\Saved Games\001

I have no idea what to do now. Is there anyone who has encountered the same problem or knows what went wrong?

• In:Cities%s's Photo

SAME HERE. I have no clue why it wont work on mine either..

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Me too.

• G Force%s's Photo
    I was getting this error as well and eventually got it to work. I can't quite remember what I did, other than just mess with the files for a while. Maybe reinstalling the GOG version was it, but again I can't quite remember exactly.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

My only problem is I can't use 4cars.exe. When I try to go back to game use alt+tab the game seems freeze and I have to close it use ctrl+alt+delete.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    4cars only works with US versions
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

4cars only works with US versions

I have gog's RCT which should work well with 4cars. 

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

So I've been trying to use this method;

http://www.reddit.co...s_reuploaded_1/

But whenever I try to install Setup-1-US I get the following error;

Error determining size of file C:\Users\[my name]\Desktop\GOG to Awesome\GOG to Awesome\Saved Games\001

I have no idea what to do now. Is there anyone who has encountered the same problem or knows what went wrong?

Yeah I remember this error.

If I recall correctly, you're supposed to extract the whole file (RCT Awesome rar) to wherever GOG installed RCT. For me it was C : //GOG Games/RollerCoaster Tycoon then run the setup from there. You're getting that error because RCT Awesome can't find the game on it's own it has to be in the same folder to find the game.

Also you're supposed not to open the game right after you installed the GOG version.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

I have gog's RCT which should work well with 4cars. 

If you are using the US version, then try playing RCT in windowed mode then on the 4 cars icon, right click it - Run in Adminstrative mode, and it should work then.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Yeah I remember this error.

If I recall correctly, you're supposed to extract the whole file (RCT Awesome rar) to wherever GOG installed RCT. For me it was C : //GOG Games/RollerCoaster Tycoon then run the setup from there. You're getting that error because RCT Awesome can't find the game on it's own it has to be in the same folder to find the game.

Also you're supposed not to open the game right after you installed the GOG version.

Unfortunately this did not work.

I can't even open the game right after installing. That gives me the following error;

Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document:

Action: <C:\Program Files (x86)\GOGcom\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe\\RCT.EXE>

Params: <>

The current thread will exit

Specifically: The system can't find the allocated file.

---> Line#

049: Run,%InstallDir%RCT.EXE,%InstallDir%

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Unfortunately this did not work.

I can't even open the game right after installing. That gives me the following error;

Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document:

Action: <C:\Program Files (x86)\GOGcom\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe\\RCT.EXE>

Params: <>

The current thread will exit

Specifically: The system can't find the allocated file.

---> Line#

049: Run,%InstallDir%RCT.EXE,%InstallDir%

Hm? Did setup1 and setup2 install? If so then install the drexler patch, then open the game.

For me when GOG installed my RCT, it installed not in the program folder but in my C folder. Then Setup1 and Setup2 installed RCT in the program folder and you use the RCT in program folder to play.

So, it should go something like this,
    Install the GOG version - It will install RCT in C | GOG Games | RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe
    Extract the RCT Awesome in this folder
    Run Setup1
    Run Setup2
    RCT will now be installed in C | Program Folder | Hasbro Interactive | RollerCoaster Tycoon
    Install Drexler Patch
    Open RCT for the very first time using the Program File version.

There will be two version of RCT, the one in GOG folder and the one in Hasbro Interactive folder, always use the Hasbro version as GOG won't be correct.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

If you are using the US version, then try playing RCT in windowed mode then on the 4 cars icon, right click it - Run in Adminstrative mode, and it should work then.

I did exactly as you said and RCTLL always freeze. I don't know why maybe because I use window vista? 

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Right click 4 cars - properties - Compatability - Checkmark for the box / Run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2

Checkmark box for Reduced color mode to 16 bits, Disable display scaling, and run this program as an adminstrator.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

I did what you said and It always freeze. It seems that the trainer do change something of the game but I can't go back to the game cause it freeze or crush

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    Tfw I asked the same question a while ago and got no response. Twice
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

I did what you said and It always freeze. It seems that the trainer do change something of the game but I can't go back to the game cause it freeze or crush

Is RCTLL also running on compatability mode, LL already have the drexler patch running so you can open any DL'ed park? You using the RCTLL from Hasbro Interactive folder and not the GOG game folder? 
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

I use LL from GOG folder. 

Hm? Did setup1 and setup2 install? If so then install the drexler patch, then open the game.

For me when GOG installed my RCT, it installed not in the program folder but in my C folder. Then Setup1 and Setup2 installed RCT in the program folder and you use the RCT in program folder to play.

So, it should go something like this,
    Install the GOG version - It will install RCT in C | GOG Games | RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe
    Extract the RCT Awesome in this folder
    Run Setup1
    Run Setup2
    RCT will now be installed in C | Program Folder | Hasbro Interactive | RollerCoaster Tycoon
    Install Drexler Patch
    Open RCT for the very first time using the Program File version.

There will be two version of RCT, the one in GOG folder and the one in Hasbro Interactive folder, always use the Hasbro version as GOG won't be correct.

When I run setup2 it gives me an error message. So I never successfully install a hasbro one.

I can't use LL from Hasbro Interactive folder because I can't open the LL in that folder. 

But I can use LL in GOG folder with all other patch and trainer except 4cars.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

What error message does it give? What version did you try to install? Hopefully not the US-Fallback.

If RCTLL and the drexler patch work with the GOG folder RCT, then have you tried to copy paste the folder to Hasbro Interactive? Perhaps the trainer is only recognizing the Hasbro Interactive file and isn't working because RCT isn't installed there.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

The error message is like "This program is not installed correctly". I installed the US-2...

I even tried to install gog version directly into "C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon" but it still freeze.

• Otsdarva%s's Photo

Here's what I did to get it to work on Windows 7 with the GOG version.

Install RCT Deluxe with the GOG set up

Download http://www.mediafire...4ryqq97r7q6qk9z

Extract the contents (all the files not the folder) into where GOG installed RCT (It should be in C Drive by default)

When prompt to replace the already existing files, select yes,

Run Setup 1 for US with run as admin. In the installation screen select Full installation. Afterwards don't launch the game at the end of the installation.

Run Setup 2 with the desired language as admin but this time don't select full installation. Instead leave it at minimum.

Download http://nedesigns.com...de/rctpatch.exe and run as admin. If it cannot locate where rct1 is move it to where the new rct1 is installed and that should be in the C Drive ->Program Files->Hasbro Interactive->RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Run the game through the Hasbro Interactive directory.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading