Theme Park Discussion / North American 2016 Coasters

• Austin55%s's Photo

Don't be expected to be excited about anything Six Flags. They haven't built a coaster taller than 160 feet in a decade now. They are focusing on small investments and have been for some time. Cedar Fair is the future. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

hey hey hey if your home park is sfgadv you have nothing to complain about. plus you're driving distance to dozens of great parks. so shush yous

• nin%s's Photo

Nothing too exciting from SF it seems, just the standard slew of attractions we've grown accustomed to. SFoG was a big surprise that I'm quite happy about. That area has been needing a bit of a redo as it's this clash of ideas and has had no real direction in the past few years, so it's good to see them converting it into a new area. I really like the new park president and he seems to have a vision for the park.

It is odd that we're now receiving two Joker-themed (and Harley Quinn) rides back-to-back, combined with a second Superman. Our DC roster just exploded by quite a bit.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

It seems that the I-box track is paving the way for the future of Six Flags with all the RMCs, and the S&S free spins.

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Are you kidding me? S&S Free Spins are fun as fuck. Batman is my 2nd favorite ride in Texas and 5th favorite coaster alone. It made me laugh like a motherfucker. I'd be happy if every park had one.

• G Force%s's Photo

The promo video with all the new additions was just horrible, embarrassingly bad.  Pretty sad that this is the best one of the top 3 amusement park chains can do to promote their new additions.

As far as the rides go, Joker looks interesting, and it will be cool to see what they do with Revolution.  Other than that all these traveling fair rides (single loop, s&s 4d) getting added to big pars like this just confuses me, sure they are fun enough but they just seem cheep.  The fact that 3/4 of them have the same name and all of theme essentially have the same logo almost makes it worse.

Good to see SFOG and St. Louis get something though, both those parks seem to have been completely forgotten over the past 5-6 years.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

^G, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you know S&S 4D coasters aren't traveling fair rides right? They're some serious investments.

The Joker looks gorgeous.  That's by far the best addition of the year in any Six Flags park.  Everything else is decent to meh.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Gotta say if you don't care about big coasters the recent SF additions have been great. It just feels like they are missing out on bigger rides like what Cedar Fair is doing.

That Frisbee coming to OT is a beast. I'm pumped for it.

• G Force%s's Photo

^G, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you know S&S 4D coasters aren't traveling fair rides right? They're some serious investments.

The Joker looks gorgeous.  That's by far the best addition of the year in any Six Flags park.  Everything else is decent to meh.

I know they aren't acutal fair rides, but they look really cheep and silly to me. I feel like they add them simply so they can say they are adding a coaster. Idk maybe its just me but I would never have any desire to ride one or be hyped if one was added to my home park.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Dont get confused between the new and old S&S 4D rides :) The old ones certainly are, being the most expensive coasters you could probably buy. The new ones not so much. 

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Austin, Frisbees are fantastic rides.  I'd even call it the best flat ride.  More SF parks should have one.

G, oh yeah I agree.  I hate how they claim they're a coaster.  Literally no one in the industryy regards it as a coaster.  It's all a tactic to get more money.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Austin, Frisbees are fantastic rides.  I'd even call it the best flat ride.

Frisbee's are boring, this one isn't even like the carnival ones that goes fully 360 degrees.

The best flat rides for me are argumentatively Top Scans if you sit at the very edge. Top scans are so much fun, I was so disappointed when my home state fair traveling carnival stopped having them. At least I had a good 6 years riding them before it never showed up again.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Whatever Mechanica at Liseberg is looks like the coolest flat ever.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm actually not massive on flat rides but I do like top scans and frisbees. Both worth the wait I reckon. Most, not so much. Although I do like me an old fashioned twirler/scrambled eggs/whatever they're called in rct.

I reckon top spins are the worst of the 'thrilling' flat rides, they just hurt you. Plus they're pretty ugly in rct

• G Force%s's Photo

Valravn Confirmed:

Birdseye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWkK0WJZjc

POV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAjku9rTITs

There are a couple more videos on the Youtube Channel including a panoramic POV and a Train Rendering 360* view.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

Only thing I dislike about it is having the colors so similar to nearby Rougarou. I think they could've explored the color palette a little more, and maybe could add some minor themeing elements like Banshee has so it's not so plain looking. Other than that it looks pretty great, and will give some good aerial views of that side of the park for sure.

G, are you planning on adding something along the lines like this to Westwinds if you already haven't yet? I think this would be great for that park considering the lineup you have so far.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Same, I think dark purple track on dark blue supports would have been on point. 

The view skyline from Sandusky's downtown piers will be amazing. DM's are some of the coolest looking coasters in a skyline. Example

• RCT2day%s's Photo

First post updated.

Coaster looks good.  The view will be incredible from up there, for sure.  And the layout is solid.  Colors seem fine to me.

• robbie92%s's Photo

It's just so mundane... 

• Steve%s's Photo

It's just so mundane... 

Pretty much.

But goddamn Cedar Point did a great job with those videos, at first I didn't even realize it was a rendered video and was like "the fuck, they already finish this thing?" Sure it'll be a fun ride, but eh... 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading