Theme Park Discussion / Asian 2016 Coasters

• Faas%s's Photo

Are they playing sandbox RCT? Just building a cool roller coaster first and then caring about everything else? 

• Austin55%s's Photo

Lightning at Wanda World's record for largest loop will be short lived. Ferrari World is building a bigger one, at 52 meters. It will also take the steepest drop record. Dubai: Land of World Records. 

http://rcdb.com/12772.htm#

But for now, bask in it's beauty

Topping-5.jpg

• Roomie%s's Photo

Lightning at Wanda World's record for largest loop will be short lived. Ferrari World is building a bigger one, at 52 meters. It will also take the steepest drop record. Dubai: Land of World Records. 

This isn't entirely true.

First up Lightning is at Lewa World :p Wanda World isn't a park. Easy mistake though there are tons of new parks popping up.

Also as far as we can tell, the record they are claiming is Worlds steepest cable lift not drop. Which is a bit of a dodgy one. But yes it is taking the record from Lightning for tallest inversion. However it is losing that record to the launched coaster at Wanda Hefei within a year (55m loop)

I've added both these coasters to the front post.

• Version1%s's Photo

Also as far as we can tell, the record they are claiming is Worlds steepest cable lift not drop.

The definition of "Record-Rollercoaster" gets more and more meaningless these days.

• Faas%s's Photo

Indeed. Every roller coaster is a record roller coaster in a way. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

Oh Yeh ha I did get them mixed up. Apologies for the mistakes.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Another one to add to the list. The new B&M wing coaster at Hotgo Park in Fushun China has gone vertical. From the images it looks like this is going to the second park which is on the flat area behind the current one with the Gravity Group woodie and has a massive hotel under construction.

11214059_1473571926281534_69305544544145

12020022_1473571922948201_43225282725679
  • Austin55%s's Photo

The Universal Studios Japan BM flyer is also moving along. 

https://twitter.com/...2905856/photo/1

I don't believe that we have seen a layout for this yet? Can anyone confirm?

• Roomie%s's Photo

Correct. No layout yet. But looks like it will be pretty big

CO7lXqbUwAA5PdP.jpg

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Impressive.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

389091d1443430982-2016-neuheit-flying-ac

Well that's different... Flying Aces at Ferrari World.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Saw this on their FB page without the top piece in place and thought it was gonna be a bit flat, and turns out it is. Looks totally weird.

Also surely this voids the 'worlds largest loop' claim.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Fan made POV 

https://www.youtube....h?v=WCgJiTmUL4c

• Cocoa%s's Photo

why are they all white? surely they would have gone with red or something. does it have to do with the heat?

I like that the coaster is pretty long though, I find a lot of newer rides are over way too quickly. Its sometimes hard to justify 90 minutes in line for 45 seconds of rollercoaster.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Yeah its the heat and sand blasting effect. theres a red Mack blue fire clone at another park out there and its already fading quickly. Its not even open yet. 

the 2 new indoor coasters are red though

• Roomie%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBcKkl5MJ4

• Austin55%s's Photo

Looks great!  The first drop's twist looks violent, the loop is immense, and the airtime looks excellent. It's hauling butt through that course. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

OMG MACK <3

• Version1%s's Photo

Mack officially went mad. That speed in the Zero-G seems insane to me. Would love to ride that thing

• Roomie%s's Photo
    New element going in on the USJ flyer. IMG_20151105_134722.jpg

Looks like a sky ripper style roll and a half zero g. Which is a great thing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading