Theme Park Discussion / Europe 2016 coasters

• FredD%s's Photo

Europa can't stay behind, we also have a few interesting new projects for next year.

BELGIUM

Powersplash - Walibi Belgium: Mack

A worlds first, a mix of a shuttle coaster and a Supersplash from Mack. With a height of 45 meters and launches up to 100 km/h this is a pretty exciting project, especially as a Belgian!

2015_2wbmackpowersplash120115.jpg?itok=n

Wooden coaster - Plopsaland De Panne: GCI

A copy of Fun Spot America's 'White lightning', the second woodie for Belgium.

NETHERLANDS

Megacoaster - Walibi Holland: Mack

Walibi Holland bought a megacoaster from Mack, which doesn't actually mean a mega coaster, they already have one. There's almost nothing known from this project, only that Mack is the builder and it should have a height of around 32 meters.

FRANCE

Wooden coaster - Walibi Rhône-Alpes: Gravitykraft corporation/Gravity group

A bit of a surprise was it when this little park announced to open a woodie next year. 

ENGLAND

Flight of the Pterosaur - Paultons Park: Vekoma

A suspended family coaster, always big fun. 

Raptor - Paultons Park: Vekoma

A Vekoma junior boomerang coaster.

PaultonsPark2016RollerCoasters.jpg

GERMANY

Taron - Phantasialand: Intamin

Announced as the fastest multilaunch coaster in Europe (so it has to be over 100 km/h), the longest multilaunch coaster in the world, the coaster with the most overlaps (116 times), multiple inversions... 

hqdefault.jpg

SWEDEN

Wildfire - Kolmarden: Rocky Mountain Construction

Europe's first RMC! The coaster I'm looking forward the most perhaps, despite complaints from the neighbors the park is still aiming at next year to open their RMC. 3 inversions, length of 1300 meter, height of 57 meter.

thumb_wildfire_close2.jpg

SPAIN

TTD-ish accelerator coaster- Port Aventura: Intamin

When opened, Port Aventura breaks their own records of fastest and highest coaster of Europe. Top speed of 180 km/h and a height of 112 meter, this coaster will have American statistics. Still aimed to open it at 2016 though it could be pretty late or even become 2017.

Formula-One-F1-Ferrari-Sebastian-Vettel-

• G Force%s's Photo

The Intamin accelerator and RMC look pretty sick, especially the accelerator with all that theming. 

• Da_Cool%s's Photo
    Small correction Fred, There are no inversions in Taron's track yet and there's no indication that there will be inversions e.g. Tobi's layout doesn't have any.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Taron's been a blast to watch go up, that thing is looking insane. Kolmarden should also be absolutely epic, wouldn't be surprised to see it being the best wooden coaster in Europe, if it gets built. 

• Version1%s's Photo

Taron has easily the potential to become one of the best coasters in the world, when it comes to the combination of thrill and theming.

• FredD%s's Photo

Small correction Fred, There are no inversions in Taron's track yet and there's no indication that there will be inversions e.g. Tobi's layout doesn't have any.

Read it somewhere there would be multiple inversions, don't know how confirmed it is. Unfortunately Phantasialand doesn't say a thing about Taron... I'm looking forward to it though, it will eat Helix and Blue Fire alive, Mack should go and look how a real launch coaster is made! 

Outlaw Run is my nr 1 coaster, so I think Wildfire will be the best new coaster next year. Looks like a longer version of Outlaw Run...

• Louis!%s's Photo

Mack should go and look how a real launch coaster is made!

Are you seriously suggesting that Mack go and look at how Intamin make their rides? I don't think there has been a single Intamin, maybe 1 or 2, that I can say are smooth, fun and all round fantastic rides. Every single Mack coaster I have ridden, with exceptions of their powered Blauer Enzians, has been the opposite of Intamin rides.

Mack are superior to Intamin in every way, it should be Intamin that looks at Mack, because for some reason, Mack can get it right, and Intamin can't.

• FredD%s's Photo

I'm sorry, but when you can read a newspaper on the launch you just failed at making launch coasters. Not only Blue Fire has that disappointment, but Helix as well. 

Colossus is the only Intamin I can recall to be rough. You say Intamins aren't fun to ride?! Which Intamins you're talking about? Some of the best coasters in the world are Intamins. I can't recall Mack making such good coasters. TTD, Piraten, Balder, Colossos, Expedition Gforce, iSpeed, Juvelen, Millenium Force are all world class coasters. And I'm only listing the ones I did. From Mack, I only would only place Alpina Blitz in that category.

• Version1%s's Photo

I never understood the hate for the Blue Fire launch. It's not that bad. Remember, that it is a family coaster. Plus, the Cheetah Hunt launch isn't really great either.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Blue Fire and Blue Fire's launch are fantastic. It's possibly my #1 coaster, it at the very least makes my top 3/5.

• FredD%s's Photo

When you call that type of coaster 'megacoaster' I don't expect a familycoaster. It doesn't look like a familycoaster either, both Blue Fire and Helix have amazing layouts but I only feel disappointment on the launch being that weak. I mean, even the launch on Anubis is more powerful and that last one is build in a park aimed at children. 

Why do you find that Louis? Just curious why you think that launch is fantastic. I find it way too weak, a launch has to be fast and kick you back in the seat imo. 

• Version1%s's Photo

First of all: Blue Fire may not smash your head against the seat but the launch has some pressure in it. Anubis is a poor comparison because it's much more intense and forcefull overall. It's not as family friendly as Blue Fire.

The launch of Blue Fire does its job perfectly. It is exciting, yet not too forcefull for more moderate riders. And it's just so damn nice to go through. You could ride Blue Fire all week and would still be okay while some other launches will have a much greater impact on you.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Version1 hit the nail on the head.

Plus Blue Fire's layout is fantastic, it's smooth, its flowing, it has great laterals without slamming you from side to side, nice pops of airtime. Just generally a great coaster that I was really surprised by and really enjoyed.

• FredD%s's Photo

It's not a poor comparison. They are both launch coasters and Anubis is aimed at a target audience with a lower age than Blue Fire... That's what the launch of Blue Fire misses: force. Give it the launch Anubis had, and I'd rate it as a world class coaster. Besides that, I see little kids and grandpas riding Anubis, so the launch doesn't have to be weak to attract family audience. 

For me, a launch has to be forceful. The layout are superb, best cars on a coaster possibly. But when you're accelerating disappointment was all I could feel. 'This is it?'... 

• Version1%s's Photo

It's not a poor comparison. They are both launch coasters and Anubis is aimed at a target audience with a lower age than Blue Fire...

No

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Am i the only one who wants to see more of that rmc? Damn i love terrain woodies
  • Austin55%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6y-vR7DP0c

• FredD%s's Photo

No

If that's all you can say... I'm sure the average age of visitors is lower in Plopsaland than it is in Europa Park. So explain me why Plopsaland places Anubis and Europa Park thinks the launch should be weaker or else the people won't go on it.

And what about Helix then? That has no layout which you can say it's aimed at family. Still a weak launch. Mack is just not the right builder for launch coasters. 

Taron's thematisation: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=126&v=AbQmRv272FY

• Version1%s's Photo

Well, the number one fact is that the height restriction to ride Anubis alone is 10cm higher than the restriction of Blue Fire. The second part makes no sense. Coasters are not just a reflection of the parks. Anubis is clearly aimed at the young adults (16 and older) while Blue Fire is aimed at families (12 and older). Just because there are exceptions doesn't make it false.

The fact you are missing is this: Coasters just have to "work". It doesn't matter how strong the launch is. At the end of the day the quality of the coaster is not just its launch, its layout or its inversions. I'm sure Mack could build super strong launches, but maybe they just don't want to do it? The whole coaster world is always in this "bigger, better, faster" attitude and I really like that Mack does what they think its best for the coasters. Sure, the Anubis launch is stronger than the Blue Fire launch, but Blue Fire is just plain better. The Expedition GeForce isn't as fast or as high as the Silver Star but is better.

Saying that Mack isn't the right builder for launch coasters is insane. They have 2 big critically acclaimed launch coasters under their belt, both are counted among the best coasters of europe. Just because YOU only like extreme launches doesn't mean everybody is on your page. If you think Formula Rossa, Top Thrill Dragster, Dodonpa and Kingda Ka are the best coasters in the world because their launches are the strongest then go ahead. I will look on the overall expierience.

• Austin55%s's Photo

It's hard to judge coasters without having been on them of course but Helix looks freaking amazing, those rolling launches look like loads of fun even if they aren't particularly powerful. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading