News / NE's Big Panelist Purge of 2015

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Hello New Element!

Good news for the site, but possibly bad news for some people.
    We have decided to rebuild the accolade panel from the bottom up. All panelists will be stripped of their voting powers, and we will hire new panelists. Of course, all former panelists are encouraged to re-apply.

Why are we doing this?
    Well, as of yesterday, we officially had 57 panelists. That's a lot. Yet, LL parks take weeks to get scored and on the other hand, RCT2 votes seem to get rushed, to the point where people most likely aren't taking full, close up views anymore in fear of missing the vote, and perhaps voting higher or lower than they would when taking a second look. Regardless of whether this is true or not, the fact is that the panel is currently not very consistent in its operations. This is why we want to form a new, smaller team that is more effective/reliable.

Applying is easy.
    This time you don't have to write an essay about your motivations, strategies or a review a park, we know most of you well enough to make a fair judgement. Just let us know you're interested in a comment below, and mention the games that you're willing to judge.

Things to consider:
    - We're biased towards people with LL, this is to make the panel more balanced.
    - It would be great if you're willing to vote on old parks every now and then.
    - Every submission should be treated equally, leaving 'lesser' parks in favour of voting on higher standard parks isn't acceptable.
    - Being a panelist is getting a bit more exclusive again, like in the early days, there won't be as many, it will be a smaller group. If you were previously a panelist, it doesn't mean you will be this time. Don't be offended if you don't get picked.

You have at least three days to apply, we will then make our new team of panelists known as soon as possible. But applications will stay open for those that stumble across this at a slightly later date. We look forward to seeing many applications!

Applications received:
    - Stoksy (RCT2 + expansions)
    - Version 1 (RCT2)
    - bigshootergill (RCT2)
    - Austin55 (RCT2 + expansions)
    - Cocoa (All games)
    - Alex (All games)
    - G Force (All games)
    - MCI (All games)
    - csw (LL + RCT2)
    - Dr Dude (All games)
    - Shotguns? ((LL + )RCT2)
    - Poke (LL + RCT2)
    - Wouter VL (LL + RCT2)
    - RCT2Day (RCT2)
    - Chocotopian (All games)
    - Rofl (RCT2 + expansions)
    - Coasterbill (LL + RCT2)
    - Kumba (LL + RCT2)
    - FredD (RCT2 + expansions)
    - chorkiel (LL (+ RCT2))
    - disneylandian192 (RCT2)
    - nin (All games)
    - ][ntamin22 (LL (+ RCT2))
    - Sulakke (RCT2)
    - Jonny93 (All games)
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

*insert application*

RCT2 [incl. expansion packs]

• Version1%s's Photo

- Being a panelist is getting a bit more exclusive again, like in the early days. Don't be offended if you don't get picked.

I guess that kinda kills my chances, but just for the record, I hereby apply to the position. Willing to judge RCT2 (with no expansions)

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I could be a panelists for rct2.

Q: Are you going to keep the accolade at 10 votes still?... Or with a slimmer team, will you make it less votes?... more votes?... or will this be decided at a later date?

I guess my beef, for example, is I still have a park that went to voting a year ago and I still I don't have a score, so it would be nice if panelists took their responsibility more seriously (which is what you're going for Louis). I know it wasn't design worthy, but it would be nice to have it done.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Version - No, no, I'll rephrase that.

It was more meant as in it will be a smaller group of people. It wasn't meant to say only certain people would get the job. It was more meant in the opposite, that if you are currently a panelist, you may not be in the future.

bsg - it will still be 10 votes, because its easier to get 10 for LL parks. But a lesser team of more dedicated people, so the process will be sped up for LL parks and RCT2 parks that people "don't care much for", and more time given for those RCT2 parks that everyone wants to jump on and vote for.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Applying for rct2+all expansions (not that anyone should ever use those)

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm in, all games, etc.

• alex%s's Photo

Yes please! LL + RCT2 + expansions.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Rct2 + expansions and LL

I still think something can be done to increase the voters for RCT2 while keeping or decreasing the number of LL votes needed. Sure it would require changing the coding of the website but there are lots of people here should probably could handle that and it would be more than worth it for both sides. Maybe not right now, but sometime in the future it should definitely be something to think about.
  • MCI%s's Photo

Applying for all games

• Louis!%s's Photo

I still think something can be done to increase the voters for RCT2 while keeping or decreasing the number of LL votes needed. Sure it would require changing the coding of the website but there are lots of people here should probably could handle that and it would be more than worth it for both sides. Maybe not right now, but sometime in the future it should definitely be something to think about.

That was what we wanted in the first place when we decided to move LL down to 10 voters. We wanted LL to be 10 and RCT2 to remain the same. Gee solved the problem we had by moving both down to 10, clearly because what we wanted couldn't be done, or because it was going to be way too time consuming. Gee is our most experienced coder and the one that codes the site, I don't doubt that there are others out there that can also code, but I doubt very much that they are any better than Gee. So if Gee cannot achieve this without having to re-write the entire site from the ground up, I doubt anyone else can.

That being said, like BSG has said, RCT2 submissions struggle just as much as LL sometimes, because people jump onto the more famous submissions and ignore the others.

• csw%s's Photo

LL & 2. No 2 expansions. 

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

all games

• Xeccah%s's Photo

RCT2 for now, but working on getting my LL working so I can vote on LL again.

• Poke%s's Photo

Rct2 & LL. i can't vote on ll releases atm though.

• ida%s's Photo
    I would like to be a panelist for RCT2 and RCTLL. I also have the expansion packs, but i've removed all their objects from my game folder and i don't plan on using them again.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

I don't consider myself active enough at the moment to apply, however I might consider applying if I start playing again

• RCT2day%s's Photo

I'll resubmit my name again.  RCT2 only; I'm worried my laptop can't handle LL and the last thing I need is to have my laptop die this far into school.

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

I'd like to apply again please... though I've still not release anything accolade worthy since the last try. Sorry about that ;)

Able to judge all park - both games, all expansions.

• Rofl%s's Photo
    RCT2 + expansions, not won any accolades, but still worth a shot. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading