News / NE's Big Panelist Purge of 2015

• In:Cities%s's Photo

My life has been a little chaotic lately and its really hard to find the time to devote to this site/game. And with me going back out on the ship for the next few months, I'll definitely not have the time [or free Wi-Fi] to be able to download and vote. 

Purge me, my body is ready.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

That being said, like BSG has said, RCT2 submissions struggle just as much as LL sometimes, because people jump onto the more famous submissions and ignore the others.

True, true! Now this is just coming from a member who's only been here a year and a half, but NE is trying to pull in new members. But if these new guys work isn't getting recognized it's going to kill the future of this site. And I guess to add to that, I know the quality of the parks has improved drastically. It seems like from one year to the next it's getting better. H2H6 compared to H2H7 is a great example of that. But it seems like the standards of some of the panelists are so incredibly high now that some fairly decent work doesn't receive the recognition it deserves. I mean we do have 4 tiers of quality, and for some new guys to get their first bronze can seem almost impossible, causing them to give up trying.

Even a few weeks back there was a conversation about what constitutes a design. I guess in the past it was basically a coaster layout with some touches of buildings and scenery. Now it's almost expected to be a major section of a park. Huge expectations that can be very hard to meet. For example, "Extinction" is an awesome design, but it's also basically a small park. My recent design submission follows a similar line of expectation.

I know standards need to change with time, but this site is also about having some fun, being creative, it's a great community, but I think it has potential to be better. I mean if you look back years ago there were a ton of members that would leave up to 80-100 comments on completed parks, now you're doing good if we get 10-15 comments. Anyway, I think a revamp of the panel (perhaps even taking some tips from 10 years ago on NE) could actually create a magnet to draw members into the NE community so I'm happy this change is taking place. Perhaps a step forward for NE could mean taking a step back as well.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    I'm in for RCT2 (no expansions) and LL.
  • Lilith%s's Photo

Sort of jumping on what bigshootergill was saying, as a tiny little brand new baby member who has been checking the screenshots daily while I work on getting my ability up to a level where I'm confident enough to share it here, I really like the kind of criticism I've been seeing in the comments. In my opinion, the combination of harsh criticism and comments focusing on the positives is what a new member needs. I think some panelists with high standards and a lot to say about what can be improved are fine if balanced out by some more lenient critics with more to say about what's being done right.

Obviously I don't have a lot to say of any value considering I have yet to contribute anything to this community but that's just my two cents on the matter.

• Kumba%s's Photo

RCT2 and LL

• FredD%s's Photo

Applying, RCT2 + both expension packs. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I could help out with the LL parks if you need people for that. There's many more people more 'qualified' for rct2 so I haven't bothered panel voting on those in a while.

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

I would love to continue to serve as a panelist, please consider this my application for RCT2. XOXO

• nin%s's Photo
    I'll come back if you'll have me. All games.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    LL by the end of next week once i get this new laptop headache sorted out. I'm actually reaching a point where my rct2 votes never come in fast enough to matter, so it is probably not a loss to the process if I'm cut from that team.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

RCT2!

• Jonny93%s's Photo

All games

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo

RCT2 + Expansions

• pierrot%s's Photo

LL+2

• Liampie%s's Photo
    We have two spots opening up. One for RCT2 and LL, and one for just RCT2, although the more LL the merrier. Who is (still) interested?
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I would like to be back on the RCT2 panel. Can also open parks in openrct.
  • RWE%s's Photo

I would be up for RCT2 too. I also have LL, but i think my knowledge of the game is to bad for the panel

• G Force%s's Photo

OpenRCT2 (including regular and all expansions) and LL

• FredD%s's Photo

I'm still interested. (open)RCT2, no LL. Do have WW and TT too. 

• trav%s's Photo

I can do all games. LL, Rct2, OpenRCT2, expansion packs, etc.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading