News / NE's Big Panelist Purge of 2015

• inthemanual%s's Photo

So, nobody even told me anything when I applied. I review stuff more than I make stuff. I deserve to be.

We told you by announcing who did get it. And if reviewing more stuff than you build was the only qualification needed, everyone would be a panelist. It's a lot easier to comment on a park than it is to build one. We looked at a lot of factors, including in depth reviews, time on the site, accolades earned, games owned, and personal character.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

So, nobody even told me anything when I applied. I review stuff more than I make stuff. I deserve to be.

11 members applied, they only added 4 panelists, and only 1 is complaining. And if you read the admin's posts thoroughly (posix, Louis! and inthemanual -- all in this thread), which were written for the entire NE community, including nicman, it's very clear they had in-depth discussions regarding who should be added to the panel.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Thanks for adding me! I will start rating from tomorrow onwards.
  • trav%s's Photo

Great! Thanks guys. 

• Poke%s's Photo
    As long as Poke is around we don't have to worry about that... 

What do you mean? None of my votes recently have been really absurd.

• FredD%s's Photo

Congrats to the new panelists. 

• GammaZero%s's Photo

I review stuff more than I make stuff. I deserve to be.

What kind of logic is that?

• G Force%s's Photo

@Poke:

No, your votes are fine.  You're just the low vote like 80% of the time.  Think of yourself as a current day John or RMM.

• Liampie%s's Photo

@Poke:

No, your votes are fine.  You're just the low vote like 80% of the time.  Think of yourself as a current day John or RMM.

Funny thing is that according to the excel sheet I use to stalk panelists, Poke is actually among the most generous panelists! Surprised me too, although I don't think of Poke as a low voter per se. Just a few notable parks where he ended up towards the bottom.
  • csw%s's Photo

so do you still keep the voting stats like there were on NE4?

Yeah, I didn't think Poke was often a low voter. Out of curiosity, who is consistently the lowest voters? Of course Louis is one of the highest voters, he loves everyone's work!!! :)

• G Force%s's Photo

Yeah, I didn't think Poke was often a low voter. Out of curiosity, who is consistently the lowest voters? Of course Louis is one of the highest voters, he loves everyone's work!!! :)

Except mine...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Hey! I love Eastwinds! No doubt end up being the highest vote on it!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Funny thing is that according to the excel sheet I use to stalk panelists, Poke is actually among the most generous panelists! Surprised me too, although I don't think of Poke as a low voter per se. Just a few notable parks where he ended up towards the bottom.

Oh, nice!  Can you confirm my long-held suspicion that 5Dave was the most consistent median voter?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Nope. You'll have to dive into the archives to check on that, I'm just monitoring the votes in recent months...

• Faas%s's Photo

Not sure if you now actually need people or not, but I'm always down to help on the accolade panel. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Soon enough we will run out of new members to add to the panel.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    make ne great again put me back in. just re-downloaded the game

I'm still available. Rct2 (and OpenRCT) only, but I'd like to get LL working, just have the GOG version, so Drexler patch doesn't work on it. Any tips? Another place to buy it?

• nicman%s's Photo

^Ebay. Or posting a kijij ad since you live in Canada. That's how I got mine.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading