General Chat / Shootings and explosions in Paris 11/13/2015

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Shut up. It's family, friends, dates... Women are everywhere and a lot of them mistake me for a coat rack.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Liam you can hold my bags anytime :)

• Austin55%s's Photo

From Terrorist attack to Louis hitting on other forum members in just 2 pages. 

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

To be fair, both the bible and the quran contain some pretty barbaric stuff. I hate to be that guy, but aside from the occasional nutjob in the US attacking abortion clinics there isn't much christian terrorism (that I do know of, please correct me if I am mistaken)

you're mistaken
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Indeed. The Ku Klux Klan would be a strong example of christian terorrism.

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

was too lazy to link this in my first post http://www.huffingto..._n_7654720.html

• F0ndue%s's Photo
    Oh yeah, totally forgot about the nutjobs of the KKK. Now, it is a bit late here, and I am very tired so forgive me if my analysis is faulty.

This article seems to focus largely on violence based on racism, which, apart from racism incited through religion as it is the case with the KKK, is not the same thing as religious terrorism, though I am sure a lot of those racist nutjobs do love to thump the bible as well. I suppose a differentiation betwen terrorism and acts of violence is an important aspect as well, but honestly, I am too tired to be bothered with it.
    And honestly, this whole study seems kind of fishy to me.
    If anything, it would be best to consult the Global Terrorism Database, but like I said, I ain't gonna do that at half past midnight. But, if I should be wrong again, let me know.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/

Besides, I'd always take Huffington Post with a grain of salt, they're not exactly what you'd call a publication without a slant (but I suppose such a thing sadly does not really exist in this day and age anymore anyways). And to make sure that I do not sound like a disgruntled right-winger, let me assure you that I've developed a strong distaste for both political extremes. I am somewhere between the middleground and the left.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

that article adds the racial terrorism slant. the study simply found the majority of domestic u.s. terrorism was committed by white right-wingers. as an american living through and following these attacks out of fear i can tell you that more than u think are religious. also the study wasnt done by huffpo, pal

• Lotte%s's Photo

Indeed. The Ku Klux Klan would be a strong example of christian terorrism.

Let's not forget groups active in Africa such as the "Lord's Resistance Army", ironically they're allied to Boko Haram... 

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Several explosions in Brussels. Are all Belgian players all right?

• FredD%s's Photo

Several explosions in Brussels. Are all Belgian players all right?

I'm fine but my grandparents are in Venice and should fly back friday. They left 2 days ago... from Zaventem... Terror is coming closer and closer and it makes me furious. Time to clean up those ghettos in the county and send back everyone to Syria who sympathies with Daesh. 

• Jappy%s's Photo

I'm fine, everything is all right here. The whole country seems to be in chaos at the moment though. All trains and public transport seem to have been halted, citizens are asked to stay home and away from Brussels. Apart from that... Keep calm and carry on I guess?

• FredD%s's Photo

The whole country is in lockdown.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Can't wait for a new wave of short-sighted racism and questionable solidarity.
  • FredD%s's Photo

It's clear the left wing politicians failed, Molenbeek has turned into a ghetto where extremists can do what they want. If you see that around 200 people threw rocks to the police and journalists when they arrested Abdeslam... That's not normal.

A clean up is needed. It's not normal people who went to Syria to fight can return and just walk in to society. We don't want those people in our society. 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Liam, you're so great.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Scary stuff. Turkey has been hit recently as well.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    And another tragedy
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

Kind of weird to see France as a scapegoat.

• FredD%s's Photo

And now London is under attack... :( 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading