General Chat / Moving on from RCT (reinventing NE?)

• JamesEllsworth%s's Photo

So RCT World, Coaster Planet, and Parkitect are all coming out this year. We've all waited SO long for another good theme park simulator. Parkitect is in pre alpha and is already pretty great. Coaster Planet looks like everything (and more) we were looking for in RCT3 and didn't get.

NE has always been the best of the best when it came to designs. Soooooo are there any plans of shifting the site towards the new games? I've already seen a few familiar names over at Parkitectnexus, so I know this year is going to bring back a lot of the old greats.

• Jappy%s's Photo

I've always seen NE as the last stronghold of (good) RCT on the internet. Maybe a seperate section for those games can be created if there's enough demand, but for the rest I think the main focus of this site should be on RCT LL and (Open)RCT2.

• G Force%s's Photo

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-09.gif

But really, there will be other communities for these new games. I doubt that NE is going to shift anytime soon, its been 14 years since RCT2 and yet its still going strong.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Rct foreva
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Plus rct isn't stagnant either. Openrct is fantastic.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

So RCT World, Coaster Planet, and Parkitect are all coming out this year. We've all waited SO long for another good theme park simulator. Parkitect is in pre alpha and is already pretty great. Coaster Planet looks like everything (and more) we were looking for in RCT3 and didn't get.

NE has always been the best of the best when it came to designs. Soooooo are there any plans of shifting the site towards the new games? I've already seen a few familiar names over at Parkitectnexus, so I know this year is going to bring back a lot of the old greats.

lol nah bro

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Why not? Good design is good design, no matter what game or tool it use.

What I'm afraid is the community has less people every year without new and fresh element, and I don't want to see the community dying. (I think I won't have a will to play RCT2 without seeing other's work on this site) So if there are proper new games can be added in, why not :p

• Version1%s's Photo

Soooooo are there any plans of shifting the site towards the new games?

God, I hope not. If I want to parkitect I go to Parkitect Nexus, and if I want RCT I come hre

• Mattk48%s's Photo

I think that NE will have a few topics for new games. NL and a few RCT3 screens have made it here. NE will continue as normal. I cant see any dramatic changes made. The base will probably always be RCT2 RCTLL

RCTER2 - i don't think less and less people are involved in the community. Its easy to browse the screens and leave with the current version of NE. I can speak for everyone but I don't post as much as I used to, but I still browse the site, stop by for a look.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think ne will actually grow. When people play other theme park games, a lot of them then get back into rct because they remember it as better or more nostalgic and may eventually end up here. Happened to me with rct3
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

I seriously hope people will take up Planet Coaster game because that is the game RCT3 was supposed to be. Seriously! Go watch the dev videos, 3d terraforming terrain with freeform coaster building, it's amazing and much better than Parkitect or RCTW.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    I find it a shame people are so close minded and set in their ways and feel NE should be RCT only. I simply can't understand that view point at all its so shortsighted.
  • trav%s's Photo

I agree with Roomie. 

For a site that prided it's self on innovation and bringing new elements to RCT, it's sad to see it become such a secular portion of the net with an ever dwindling community. Bring in the new blood. Integrate it into the current system and people will spread to RCT from the other games. 

• Version1%s's Photo

The problem is simple: There are other sides out there for these other games. So why should someone, who plays parcitect, come here and get buried under 500 RCT screens, if he can just go to a parkitect site. That would make literally no sense for him.

NE is about Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2. That's it. We didn't have a RCT3 section, despite there being a community for it, however small it is. I can understand that some of you care more about NE surviving than NE staying tru to itself, but I don't think it's a solution to just change NE completely. Especially because there is real potential of growth in the RCT community with OpenRCT.

• Ling%s's Photo

There's nothing that inherently ties NewElement to RollerCoaster Tycoon, except its history in the games. It would not be an inappropriate stretch to instead make it a site for high-level work in theme park related games. As long as the possibility exists within the game (i.e. not RCT3D, ThrillVille, Hyper Rails, etc.) there's no reason high-level play can't be allowed here. There is no reason to give up the RCT heritage and it may well continue to bury new stuff, and that's fine. But I think not even entertaining the notion will doom NE to be empty sooner than it really ought to be.

• Faas%s's Photo

I ljust ike looking at pretty roller coasters and theme parks people made, so I don't care. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I find it a shame people are so close minded and set in their ways and feel NE should be RCT only. I simply can't understand that view point at all its so shortsighted.

Such a thing should be an evolution, in my opinion, not a revolution. Posts like these suggest NE really needs the push to open itself up to different games. Especially when they come from newer / lesser-known members.

As far as I'm concerned NE has never shut out new games completely, but there has yet to come a game that's adopted as a new standard (like RCT2 over LL). We never hated people who posted RCT3 topics, people just didn't start building RCT3 parks over here. Possibly the same will happen to these new games; people will try to advertise their parks here, people here are more interested in RCT, they will seek admiration elsewhere. Ór, they will try to advertise their parks here, people here love it and will also try their game.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    If there is demand, the supply might follow.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

The problem is simple: There are other sides out there for these other games. So why should someone, who plays parcitect, come here and get buried under 500 RCT screens, if he can just go to a parkitect site. That would make literally no sense for him.

Such a thing should be an evolution, in my opinion, not a revolution. Posts like these suggest NE really needs the push to open itself up to different games. Especially when they come from newer / lesser-known members.

I don't think it should be a revolution but an evolution too. I understand why you reason separate sites for each are fine but we already have an excellent base of highly skilled players here many of which already play Parkitect and perhaps will play one of the other new games too.

An excellent standard of play is what has always set NE apart from the others, we have the players here and the will to extend that to other games why limit NE to one game. We could easily be the best place for high quality parks in other games. 

I speak for myself here but i imagine one or two others feel the same. I enjoy Parkitect a lot at the moment and I don't play RCT much if at all anymore. I like people here and respect their opinions but with nowhere to really work on our parks and get feedback beyond one thread at NE it feels like NE is almost actively pushing me away. Parkitect Nexus is good but it doesn't have the pedigree of player we have here.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I am in agreement.

I think it comes down to the type of game the following it receives. We've never been against RCT3, just no one here really plays it, we've had people who play it come and go, but they go because there isn't a following here.

Same with No Limits, I love the game, I love seeing screens of it, but no one here really plays it, but again, I would not be opposed to it being here, and if anyone wants to post screens of it, thats fine by me.

Parkitect is an amazing game from what I can see. I know that as soon as I get my hands on it, I'm going to want to show off what I build, and I don't want to have to move away from NE to do that.

NE isn't what it used to be, we aren't closed off anymore, we are much more open to new things and new members. I would love to see new games come here and expand our site, make it bigger and better. And I think with so many of you decent guys playing Parkitect, I think it can grow at our site.

In a few years I'd love it that we would be able to take in Parkitect submissions for accolades (even other games if they take off too).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading