RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• Faas%s's Photo

I updated my version of open and now when I try to open my parks it says: "Game save failed!" and I'm unable to open them?

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

@Faas Please open an issue on Github and fill in the form, and include the park in question.

• Faas%s's Photo
    I can't include the park in question because they are all parks I've ever saved. I'll try another version.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

I wasn't aware they did anything besides looked nice. 

Yeah, they're completely functional and prevent guests from leaving long lines that they otherwise wouldn't stand in. I assume a lot of people don't know that since most people don't end up with huge queue lines like I do though. lol

• SSSammy%s's Photo

hey guys, on stream yesterday some of you may have seen that the monorail wasnt showing up on my rides list despite the fact it is selected. is there a work around for this?

• G Force%s's Photo

You might have a setting enabled in the options that goes along the lines of "select ride by track type like in RCT1" or something.

Otherwise, it might be a bug with the object selection tool.

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

Does anyone have the open rct 2 launcher the links on the site don,t work i need the windows version

• imlegos%s's Photo

https://github.com/L...releases/latest

This is the link provided by site.

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

thats not what i need i need the 

OpenRCT2 Launcher for Windows 64 bit
  • YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

What are you having problems with? The Github page linked provides the OpenRCT2 launchers for Windows, Linux, and OSX in both 32- and 64-bit versions.

From the site:

Attached Image: orct2launcher.PNG

So, you should be downloading this one:

Attached Image: downloadthisone.PNG

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

when i click to down it says the page cant be opend

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

it says the site can,t be reached.

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

And yes that is the one.

• janisozaur%s's Photo

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

In layman's terms, there's a problem with the downloads hosting site.

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

I finally got a copy to download.

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

hey guys, on stream yesterday some of you may have seen that the monorail wasnt showing up on my rides list despite the fact it is selected. is there a work around for this?

Please create an issue on Github and upload the park in question.

Should you not want to make it available for some reason, you can also send it to me in a private conversation on this site.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Please create an issue on Github and upload the park in question.

Should you not want to make it available for some reason, you can also send it to me in a private conversation on this site.

I have found a workaround for this; if you deselect the ride using object selection, exit out of object selection, go back into object selection and reselect it, it should show up. 

I could try to create an issue using the 2017 bench; the original file had that issue.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

So, this happened.  Can't do anything on a file that was working completely fine last night.  Any ideas?  I'd be losing like 10 hours of work, so I'd like to avoid that.

EDIT: for reference, it's only this file that this notice comes up for

Attached Image: help.jpg

• Liampie%s's Photo

What happens if you ignore? Retry? I get a similar error when I open Dreamport but I think it's the ignore button that lets me view the park anyway.

By the way... this is why keeping your parks compatible with ClosedRCT is still important.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading