Music Forum / sammys list of perfect songs

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

also everyone, i feel like people aren't reading the first post. its my opinion. also, it's not what i think is the best music. 

my songs were all what i felt fit your criteria, but for their own genres, bc i wanted to keep this topic from being monotonous.. compare the arab on radar song i posted to AIDS Wolf, for instance. that is by no means a list of my favorite songs.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

added major lazer - lean on

• G Force%s's Photo

Took me a while to narrow this down, but here a list from me.  More so my all time favorites rather than what I believe to be "perfect" songs, as I dont know how to internally define such a thing.

Mt Eden - Still Alive  First true "dubstep" I ever listened to, still a masterpiece and years ahead of its time in my opinion.
    M83 - We Own The Sky  There are a handful of M83 songs that I could have put on this list but this one defines that classic M83 sound so well.
    Flight Facilities - Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)  Great example of a "newer" dubstep song and early example of the great Adventure Club sound.
    Zeds Dead ft. Omar Linx - Out For Blood  Its Zeds Dead, what else can I say.

Some other favorites:
    Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye  
    Panama - Always
    Phoenix - 1901
    Muse - Madness

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Fucking shit i love chvrches damn you sam.

• robbie92%s's Photo

CHVRCHES is fantastic. "Clearest Blue" is one of the best build-ups and releases of modern pop music.

• G Force%s's Photo

Zach and Robbie both seem like CHVCHES people, I'm a fan of some of their more popular songs as well.

• robbie92%s's Photo

In that I'm gay and love anything flashy and electronic with a beat? Yes, yes I do... :p

But really, I'm an absolute sucker for good electropop.

Speaking of perfect pop songs, Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me." The chorus is absolutely propulsive, and the song does a great job of holding back when it needs to before leveling you with the chorus, which just grows larger and larger every time it comes back around, culminating in some incredible (not technically-perfect but really fitting the song's structure) ad-libs...

Honestly, I can talk for hours about my favourite pop songs. Pop music usually gets a bad rap from that whole "le wrong generation" group, but there's some incredible structure, production,.and melody in it; the songwriting itself is sometimes a bit rudimentary or vapid, and some popstars are practically producers' vehicles, but the music is still quite good.

• G Force%s's Photo

In that I'm gay and love anything flashy and electronic with a beat? Yes, yes I do... :p

But really, I'm an absolute sucker for good electropop.

Speaking of perfect pop songs, Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me." The chorus is absolutely propulsive, and the song does a great job of holding back when it needs to before leveling you with the chorus, which just grows larger and larger every time it comes back around, culminating in some incredible (not technically-perfect but really fitting the song's structure) ad-libs...

Honestly, I can talk for hours about my favourite pop songs. Pop music usually gets a bad rap from that whole "le wrong generation" group, but there's some incredible structure, production,.and melody in it; the songwriting itself is sometimes a bit rudimentary or vapid, and some popstars are practically producers' vehicles, but the music is still quite good.

Err, in that you seem like an Electropop guy.  Lol... idk what that makes you.  I eat that stuff up too but well... yea. 

I don't feel the need to be a tough guy and have tough guy music to go with it like a lot of people.

• robbie92%s's Photo

Oh, I wasn't saying you were like that, and I was just joking with you :p

Electropop was basically the soundtrack to all of my streams anyways hah.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Im still not gay enough to like beyonce tbh russ. Rob's ascended that plane ages ago.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

i was listening to this song yesterday and the harmony in it really took me off guard. the sax is annoying, the rap is annoying, her nose singing is annoying, but musically i love it

added problem

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading