General Chat / 2016 in Film

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

But they really aren't. Deadpool was horrifically unfunny with every joke being exactly what a 14 year old thinks a witty badass is like. Jurassic World was bafflingly bad for too many reasons to count but I like to cite the insulting product placement as my biggest problem with it

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Idk, I tend not to overly criticize movies. I had fun with both of them, and for me they were worth watching. I'm not picky about films

• chorkiel%s's Photo

It fits mostly in the trend of passable movies being held up as if they're good/great.They satisfy every wish the audience came to expect from the marketing, makers and franchise. In that way they are good as they hit most of what they aim for.

General audience aren't going to Jurassic World to have their lives changed, they just want to see dinosaurs fight and it delivers on that. For Deadpool, people expected poop jokes, pop culture references and meta jokes / fourth wall breaking. It delivered on that.

Aside, I'd say the product placement in Jurassic World is actually done quite clever. It's so obvious that they even make the joke about naming a dinosaur after Verizon. It's an amusement park, of course it's going to be filled with other brands. More insulting, I'd say, is when a movie shifts focus towards a can of deodorant that has nothing to do with the story (Avengers: Age of Ultron).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading