• Liampie%s's Photo

Timeline
    19 May   3, 2, 1... START!
    20 May   Team forums and remaining sign-ups
    15 Jun   Deadline Details
    19 Jun   Final Country Roster & Score Table
    17 Jul   Mid-Olympics Border Corrections

Introduction

Welcome to a brand new official NE contest, our own Olympic Games. In the Olympic Games, athletes from all over the world participate in several different sport disciplines, representing their countries. An official score table keeps track of each Country's achievements.

The countries that will compete in the NE Olympics are fictional. Each Country team consists of a minimum of three and a maximum of six players, of which one will be appointed Flagbearer. The Flagbearer will be responsible for coordinating the team and communicating with the organisation on his team's behalf.

The NE Olympics will feature eight disciplines, with objectives, rewards and rules varying. Unlike the real Olympics, there are no medals to be won here. Instead, teams and players can earn points for their Country by finishing as high as possible in any of the disciplines. The Country that has collected the most points at the end of the contest, will be proclaimed the winner of the NE Olympics '16. Only the final round, the Parade of Flags, is mandatory, meaning that teams will have to be strategic in choosing how to allocate their efforts.

To ensure all the players start building at the same moment, details on the disciplines will be disclosed next week, marking the official start of the contest.

Schedule
    May 10th: sign-ups open
    May 19th: contest starts; discipline details released
    June 2nd: no more modifications to sign-up details
    June 16th: sign-ups close
    June 16th: Cross-Country Engineering (RCT2 only)
    June 23rd: Pentathlon
    June 30th: Vertical Sprint
    July 7th: 50x50 Improvising (RCT2 only)

July 14th: Biathlon
    July 21th: Relay Sprint
    July 28th: Greco-Roman Parkmaking (LL only)
    August 4th: Mixed Double Sprint
    August 11th: 120x120 Landscaping
    August 18th: Parade of Flags

Rules & Regulations
    Click here to see the rules & regulations. Please read them before signing up!

Signing Up as a Country
    You are completely free to form your own Country with whoever you like, except for two restrictions: a Country can have no more than six, and no less than three players, of which no more than two are official NE Parkmakers. Before you sign up as a Country, make sure that every player in your Country consents. You can sign up by commenting below, providing a list of players, a fictional name and a flag for your Country, as well as appointing the Flagbearer. You can also post the team roster first and submit the Country details later in a seperate post. See the Rules & Regulations, rule 2.9, for more details

List of signed up countries

Sign-ups are closed!

--------------------------------

Thanks to Posix, ][ntamin22 and BelgianGuy for their helpful input during the development of this contest. ][ntamin22 and Posix made the current logo, the logo previously used was made by Robbie92. Fisch has assisted in the making of the Inventing bench.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

lmao @ greco-roman parkmaking

• RWE%s's Photo

I'm hyped. So sign-ups are open now? EDIT: Thank you Liam for the big red information for people like me who are to dumb to read haha

• nin%s's Photo
    Ninland is accepting citizens as we speak. Please submit legal documents via our Personal Messaging system now.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I'm afraid I have already made arrangements with the Nindonesian Commninwealth 

This format is a very cool idea and I think it should be able to pull together some of the best bits of QFTBX and H2H.  Team-based but with optional rounds + the possibility for multiple entries in a round allows all kinds of flexibility for solo builders and newer players, but still lets teams stack up big names on a heavyweight single week effort.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Yess! I'm so hyped. Perfect timing on the contest for me will have plenty of time to participate.
  • MCI%s's Photo

Ninland is accepting citizens as we speak. Please submit legal documents via our Personal Messaging system now.

Do you want a personal data sheet and a motivational letter?

A copy of a ID card? Drivers license? Tax number?

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm hyped. So sign-ups are open now? EDIT: Thank you Liam for the big red information for people like me who are to dumb to read haha

I added it after you posted, it was a good idea.

Does your post mean you want to sign up? That's important to mention. Goes for all posters here, your posts are all so open to interpretation :p
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

I don't care what country I end up in, I just want in!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

money-02.jpg
    $WAGILAND is looking for talented new players!

Mr. Krabs: SHOTGUNS?

Spongebob: COUPS

Patrick:

Plankton:

Sandy:

Squidward:

HMU on aim @ newblocksonthekid or PM me for deets

• nin%s's Photo

Do you want a personal data sheet and a motivational letter?

A copy of a ID card? Drivers license? Tax number?

A copy of a birth certificate and portfolio of RollerCoaster Tycoon work is good enough for us.
  • MCI%s's Photo

Well a copy of my birth certificate is the only thing I dont have with me right now. Guess I´ll have to pass :(

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I'm building a big, beautiful wall on my border with the People's Republic of Nin, and it will have a big, beautiful door there. They aren't bringing their best, though I assume some are good people; they just have to come in LEGALLY.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I'm on the market. I have my credit card information and social security number ready.

Signing up.
  • nin%s's Photo

We only build franchise parks so if you have any creative ideas they've got to go.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

nin just build a part of IOA in each of your rounds, duhhhh

EDIT:

"Justin Hans" - not doing it.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Hi, I'd like to immigrate to ninland plz.

Signing up :D

• robbie92%s's Photo
    Hopefully these olympics are better for their host city (site?) than most others. This better not be a Sochi or Rio :p

Edit: Gonna pass on this one. Have fun, y'all!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Don't worry, it is hosted at the lavish Trump International Golf Club in Dubai, UAE. I assure you no slave labor went into the construction of these olympics, and only the best ought to be expected. Care for a Well-done, Trump Steak dinner, rob?

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

I'm in, I'd be happy to transfer citizenship to another country. I'll be available to accept bribes. In all seriousness though shoot me a PM if you're interested in working with me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading