NE Olympics '16 / July 7th: 50x50 Improvising

• Lilith%s's Photo

Aw that countdown is cute

• CHE%s's Photo

So the winners receive Colatruk Photo Cards, signed by Liam? Nice.

• alex%s's Photo

so hyped for this round! building on this bench was probably the most fun I've had with RCT2.

• thirteen%s's Photo

I am also excited to see what all of the other Teams came up with.

had a blast working with that bench. Kind of got used to it over time.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    We received seven entries, some of which are very very good. Sadly only two out of seven are working without any problems, at least for me. Could take 2-3 days to sort everything. Just FYI.
  • G Force%s's Photo

If you need help I'm available.

Probably just the WW objects leaking in that is causing issues? 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Among other things, yes... Also OpenRCT things and Parkdat things probably caused by OpenRCT indirectly. It's pretty confusing. Thanks for the offer, by the way!
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

If ParkDat is needed to remove unused objects, I have a script that does that which might work as an alternative. Though I'm not sure why ParkDat wouldn't work, even with parks saved in OpenRCT2, and I didn't think there were any WW objects in the bench, so maybe I don't really understand the problem.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

The marble walls from the Maharaja Palace scenario were WW I believe.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The marble walls are a bit strange. They are originally WW, and converted to non-WW. But somewhere in the process something went wrong because RCT2 will still say it's WW every now and then, even when it is definitely a custom object.

I don't know why Parkdat doesn't work either. A few weeks ago I encountered a similar problematic savegame. I started removing the scenery from the bench one by one, saving and testing each time, to pinpoint which and what kind of object caused it to suddenly open no longer. Result: it seems to be completely random, I can't understand it. This hasn't ever happened until a few weeks ago, which makes me think it has something to do with OpenRCT. There haven't been any other factors that have changed.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Yea, I think for some reason OpenRCT2 method of saving object data and such is messing with the save games.  Could be wrong but its never been a problem until recently and this is the first contest to primarily use OpenRCT2.

Maybe in future contests a requirement would be to save the final version of the map in regular RCT2.  Or maybe we could use this rule going forward here, and see if that fixes the problem.

• Zaiush%s's Photo

Remember the Improv Contest, where the bench was so bad it actually shut down the competition

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I don't know if our entry was one of the five, G Force. But I think ours was saved last in RCT2. Also, I don't have WW/TT and we were able to open our entry without WW/TT.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about both games could help you take a look. One of the developers for example.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Oh look, parks are out :p

• Liampie%s's Photo

Poll is open

A combination of poorly made objects on the bench and OpenRCT issues made this round very difficult to release. As a result the rule stating that parks must be compatible with both RCT2 and OpenRCT2 has been suspended for this round. Some savegames will only work in one of the games. If you get an error message saying that you need Wacky Worlds, opening it with OpenRCT is the answer. This round right here is the proof that there is no god. And the working title, 'Disaster Bench', ends up being very accurate in the end. Nonetheless, these are seven very nice entries that deserve the hypothetical little extra effort to open them properly.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

These look great, very excited to check them out!

• GammaZero%s's Photo

seriously chorkiel

• Recurious%s's Photo

Lol Chorkiel actually used the coke truck object. Just for that I would have voted him first place if it wasn't for the fact that some of the other submissions are actually surprisingly good and epic xD.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

I really really love these parks... for some reason ugly and strange objects have a weird appeal to me.

I had to go with Timbabwe's entry for this one, I've always thought this bench begged for a Middle Eastern/South Asian theme and the execution of it is pretty amazing.

Other than that, this contest is pretty close, as the second place park, I'm going to have to go with 'What Lurks.'

Chorkles gets honorary mention for the amazing Coke truck though.

• Liampie%s's Photo

There were some really good coke truck applications proposed in several team forums, sadly none of them made the actual parks. Which makes chorkiel's coke truck the best one... A bit disappointing. But the rest of the round is not, luckily. Great parks.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading