NE Olympics '16 / July 21st: Relay Sprint

What is your favourite Relay Sprint entry?

1. Roughneck 13 votes [52.00%]
    • CHE
    • Dimi
    • Kumba
    • Sulakke
    • olddtfan51
    • Iron Rattler
    • bigshootergill
    • G Force
    • RWE
    • rafatleta.br
    • Zaiush
    • csw
    • djbrcace1234
    Percentage of vote: 52.00%
  2. Dave and Busters San Diego 3 votes [12.00%]
    • DobieShep
    • Jaguar
    • pashearer23
    Percentage of vote: 12.00%
  3. Treasure Cove 9 votes [36.00%]
    • Liampie
    • Bubbsy41
    • GammaZero
    • Cocoa
    • Scoop
    • Lilith
    • chorkiel
    • Jappy
    Percentage of vote: 36.00%
  4. Atlantis 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

What is your second favourite Relay Sprint entry?

1. Roughneck 5 votes [20.00%]
    • Liampie
    • Bubbsy41
    • GammaZero
    • Cocoa
    • Jappy
    Percentage of vote: 20.00%
  2. Dave and Busters San Diego 9 votes [36.00%]
    • CHE
    • Sulakke
    • Scoop
    • bigshootergill
    • Lilith
    • RWE
    • Zaiush
    • djbrcace1234
  3. Treasure Cove 9 votes [36.00%]
    • DobieShep
    • Jaguar
    • Dimi
    • Kumba
    • olddtfan51
    • Iron Rattler
    • G Force
    • rafatleta.br
    • csw
  4. Atlantis 2 votes [8.00%]
    • chorkiel
    • pashearer23
    Percentage of vote: 8.00%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Relay Sprint

In the Relay Sprint, multiple players will each make a contribution to a single sprint, passing on a park between them.

Objective: Create a micro-size park with signifcant contributions by three players

Rules:
    - The maximum map size is 225 tiles (or 15x15)
    - Each player must be credited with at least 20% of the park's content

Deadline: July 22nd
    To allow for an exact duration of seven days, the exact deadline time differs from other disciplines. The countdown timer below is using the correct deadline.

Scoring
    1st place: 5 points
    2nd place: 4 points
    3rd place: 3 points
    4th place: 2 points
    5th place: 1 point

Voting

Voting Guidelines

You are expected to view all entries and cast a fair vote. It is considered very poor comradeship to vote with bias. We also ask you not to vote unless you've viewed all entries in the game. Aside from the general quality of the entries, you're also supposed to take into account how well each entry meets this discipline's objective as described above.

We are closing polls after ~3 days. Entries on a tie receive the same amount of points. There won't be any waiting for a decisive vote. Votes are also public this time to counter cheating.

There are two polls; one for your favourite entry, one for your second favourite. Votes in the former poll will weigh twice as much.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Timbabwe

Treasure Cove by Cocoa, Dimi and Stoksy (33% each)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Kingdom of Ni

Roughneck by Jaguar (55%), Kumba (25%) and bigshootergill (20%)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Aesthetica

Dave and Busters San Diego by Coupon, Dobieshep and Zaiush (33% each)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Coaster Rica

Atlantis by chorkiel, Version1 and GeertD (33% each)

• Zaiush%s's Photo
    Suppose there are four players building on it. Is it possible for a split to be made 30/30/30/10?
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    No. Each player must have 20% or more. 30-30-20-20 is fine.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I guess that also means more than 3 guys can build?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Yeah, up to 5 if it's an even 20% split
  • Zaiush%s's Photo
    Interested to see how the teams divvy up the idea of a 3 person micro. Will we see a bunch of parks aiming for cohesion between each member's style, or parks in "Neapolitan" style split into clear thirds, or even further like Seven Little Sins did?
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Hello? Any submissions home?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes. Four entries coming your way tonight.
  • Version1%s's Photo

yay, guaranteed points

• DobieShep%s's Photo

I can't open Roughneck.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Can you tell me what kind of error you're getting?
  • DobieShep%s's Photo

Missing a lot of object data!

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Should be fixed now. Don't know what happened.
  • DobieShep%s's Photo

Nope, still invalid. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I was kidding, I fixed it but forgot to upload due to ridiculous multitasking. I was shaving, doing laundry, cooking rice, warming up satay sauce in the microwave and managing an RCT website at the same time. I'm not even kidding. But really, it should be fixed now! IF you have any more trouble with any of the files please comment under the individual park pages so we can keep this topic for discussing the contest entries themselves. :)
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

I was shaving, doing laundry, cooking rice, warming up satay sauce in the microwave and managing an RCT website at the same time. I'm not even kidding. 

I think you need new admins :p

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

Ok so this round was quiet underwhelming IMO, I should be one to talk when my country did nothing :p.  Granted there was only one week to work, but I was expecting more entries. 

TREASURE COVE:

I picked this as my number one.  The architecture was nice and the theme was clearly portrayed.  However it did feel rushed.  I've noticed many missing objects and the foliage wasn't all that spectacular.  Also the backs of the facades weren't detailed which kind of was a downer for me as well, a few windows or something would've helped a lot.  It felt dead with no peeps and the atmosphere just wasn't quiet there.  Overall solid entry.

ROUGHNECK:

I really enjoyed this entry.  An amazing idea was portrayed very well.  I got the classic Kumba vibe right away.  The hacked fish/sub and the life boats were great details.  However the entry just didn't do it for me.  I would've loved to have seen peeps or a ride get involved in this somehow.  Also the bobsled track used as the water level didn't fit all that well.  Overall it was a nice entry and a very close second.

D&B SAN DIEGO:

This was the third best entry for me.  The architecture was very weak and was lacking detail.  The roof looked extremely bare, vents and ac components would've helped greatly.  Also the transitions from the path to the inside of the building were very sudden.  The coaster itself had a solid layout.  It did feel out of control at times, and the breaks seemed deadly, but you can't get a much better Polar Coaster in Rct.

ATLANTIS:

This was the worst entry IMO.  It was a great idea, but was lacking content.  The sunken boat and airplane were neat and the Shot towers would be one hell of a ride IRL.  Not much else to say other than 'It would've been cool'.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Atlantis: Didn't like how the water was done, and the entry was lacking content overall. Some peeps would've helped a bit I think. I liked what was there though.

Treasure Cove: Also missing some peeps, but aside from that, it's nearly perfect. That ship was very well done, architecture was spot on and the ride was really cool for the space you had.

D&B: Concept was great, execution not so much. The building was missing some textures, especially the tower part. The coaster was awesome though, and the dome was pretty neat. On a side note, I was really surprised there were no Polar Coaster entries in the Vertical Sprint :p

Roughneck: The water was really well done, and I loved the sea animals :D The platform was also great, the helicopter and staff members were a nice touch. The only thing I'm missing here is a ride of some sort.

I'm kinda sad there were only 4 entries, but the timeframe was really short, so I kinda get it. Oh well, at least everyone who participated gets points :p

• Liampie%s's Photo

I think you need new admins :p

A cook and/or housekeeper would be nice!

This round is probably the weakest yet in quality and quantity but that's okay. There's always a weakest round and it's especially inevitable in such a diverse contest as this one.

I'll try to comment on the entries soon. I say that more often and I can't always live up to it, but I'll try.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I based my vote on the "park" aspect of the round. Roughneck would have been my second choice but it didn't meet my interpretation of the goal of this discipline. That's why Treasure cove is the obvious winner of this round and second place goes to Aesthetica.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading