Theme Park Discussion / North America 2017 Coasters

• Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

Regardless of whatever coaster Six Flags Over Georgia gets next, it needs to be something special. After all of these years without a major new addition, I would seriously hate to see them get an S&S Free Spin, or something of that caliber. Not that those aren't fun rides, I'm sure they are. I'd much rather SFOG add something unique and original, and larger in scale.

Hell, it would be totally awesome if they would take the Canada's Wonderland/Carowinds route and add another out-and-back B&M, maybe something the size of Leviathan or Fury. But that won't happen.

Screamscape seems to think it may be a Justice League dark ride now, which I think would be such a safe, boring choice.

• nicman%s's Photo

Carowinds, will probably not see another coaster for a while, the only reason why they got Fury325 is because cedar fair saw the trend of attendance in that area after intimidator, so they though with a much larger version of it, they may gain more attendance. Cedar Fair is all about money. Really carowinds does not produce that much profit compared to the big three cedar fair parks that produce over half of all the profit. Canada's wonderland is only around forth on the list because during the 2014 season were this data was taken, the Canadian dollar was low. Because this data is based of US currency.

Here are the parks in order of most profit.

CP

KI

Knotts Berry Farm

• Austin55%s's Photo

Nicman - I like your posts. You are definitely very knowledgeable on all this.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Hes from TPR, what else would you expect. ;p
  • Bubbsy41%s's Photo

Nicman - I like your posts. You are definitely very knowledgeable on all this.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    SFOG is getting a Justice League.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Kings Island making an announcement on the 28th.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

Mystic Timbers announced for Kings Island.  Looks like a unique GCI with good pacing, but doesn't cut it for me.  I was expecting something more like Gold Striker.

mt_layout.png

• G Force%s's Photo

Mystic Timbers announced for Kings Island.  Looks like a unique GCI with good pacing, but doesn't cut it for me.  I was expecting something more like Gold Striker.

mt_layout.png

KI has lots of terrain and space they can take advantage of, which CGA didn't.  I really like the addition and don't get the hate its getting.  I mean, what did people expect?  A 350ft B&M Giga in that space, or a massive RMC?

This is a very CF move and and should be a great addition to the park.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

It seems more like White Lightning than recent Cedar Fair coasters from GCI (Gold Striker and Prowler).  And that's not a bad thing necessarily, because White Lightning got good reviews for it size.  But it's not on the same level as other recent GCIs at Cedar Fair coasters.  I love terrain coasters, so if this turns out to be like Boulderdash then I'll be extremely happy and this could be a top 5 wooden coaster for me.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Mystic Timber's video is'nt very good IMO, I bet it will be way better than it look in that pov. 

Hersheypark has announced not a roller coaster, but a rather unique attraction of 3 S&S tower of differing heights. 

http://www.hersheypa...om/2017/#clue-1

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Love Hershey, love this move.  The park needed more intense flat rides, and using three different heights for different ages is a brilliant move.  And the placement at the Kissing Tower hill is excellent; that area of the park needs more attention and should help to balance out crowds in other areas.  Well done, Hershey.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Wonderful move by Hershey. They've always lacked strong flat rides. Hope to see one or two more big flats there in the future.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

I reckon prowler 2.0 looks alright, hard to tell from the animated pov. but the turn over the lifthill felt really drawn out and boring there

• Austin55%s's Photo

Vortex at Californias's Great America is going floorless, name changing to Patriot. 

CqJZa2_UEAANLMV.jpg

• Austin55%s's Photo

Other Cedar Fair announcments

Dorney getting bumper cars and a huss troika

Valleyfair getting a Starflyer

Kings Island getting Winterfest

Carowinds is getting 4 flats and winterfest

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Patriot looks like a nice addition for CGA.  People will buy that it's a new coaster experience and flock to the park which is good news for Cedar Fair.  Rougarou at Cedar Point, after it got the floorless conversion, was adequate - still rough in certain places but a better ride than Mantis.  Vortex will likely pan out the same way.

• Austin55%s's Photo

i think it's pretty cool that they'd make such an investment in the 2nd oldest B&M ever, which means it'll probably operate for another decade. They are built to last. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

Def some interesting things brewing at Fiesta Texas. They introduced the first S&S freespin and are teasing another worlds first, seems like a coaster. We'll know all the SF rides ont he 1st. 

SFSTL leaked a disco. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

SFoT: S&S 4d & Larson Looper
    GAM: S&S 4d
    NE: S&S 4d
    GA: Justice League*
    GADV: Justice League*
    SFSTL: Disco
    LR: Giant Discovery
    SFDK: ??
    SFFT: ??
    SFMM: ??