General Chat / The Cleveland Cavaliers are the 2016 NBA Champions!

• Maverix%s's Photo

As a Cleveland native, words can not describe how unbelievable excited and proud I am of this team and this city.  To not just win, but win in the way we did was unbelievable and something I will remember for the rest of my life.  LeBron's block and Kyrie's three to take the lead will go down as two of the greatest plays in Cavs, and NBA Finals history in my opinion and was amazing to witness.

The curse is broken, Cleveland is a championship city once again!

• Version1%s's Photo

Fuck them

• G Force%s's Photo

I can't believe it.  Considering where we were two years ago, this is incomprehensible.. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I haven't heard of this team, but I assume you'll be in the Champions League next year.

Looking forward to seeing the Cleveland Cavaliers versus Leicester. Mahrez eats guys like this LeBron dude for breakfast.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I found Cleveland to be a pretty cool city overall. Congrats on the cavaliers.
  • csw%s's Photo

Ah, Europeans.

LeBron is an animal. Even though he's not the biggest person on the court, he looks like it on television, and that's enough to make me respect him. 

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Unfortunately, the team couldn't win spotlight.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

i cried last night. i can't believe it. 52 years

anyone shittalking the cavs in this thread is on my Shit List eternally

• Version1%s's Photo

To be fair: I don't hate the cavs, I just hate LeBron.

• G Force%s's Photo

Version1, I understand there are many a reasons to hate Lebron, but what is yours specifically?

• Version1%s's Photo

"The Decision". I don't have to forgive him just because he came back.

• Sulakke%s's Photo

I was amazed that it actually reached the Dutch evening news.

Congrats! You were actually there?

• Mattk48%s's Photo

I think version 1 was one of those people burning Lebron jerseys in the streets of Cleveland when he left.

• Version1%s's Photo

Nope, I was the one sitting in germany thinking to myself: What an arrogant asshole he is. And it's not like I liked the Cavs before, but that was a pretty shitty thing to do.

• Maverix%s's Photo

The Decision was one of the most heart breaking moments in Cleveland sports history, and there have been a lot of them.  Clevelanders weren't so mad that LeBron left, of course we were all upset, but the way he did was gut wrenching.  

But to come back promising to bring his home town a championship, and to actually deliver on that promise, washed away every terrible sports moment from the last 52 years.  It's not something I can put into words, but to finally have a championship, after being made fun of as a terrible sports town and terrible city, it is liberating.

The 30 for 30 documentary "Believeland" does a good job of showing what it has been like to be a Cleveland sports fan the last 50 plus years, I highly recommend watching it, at least to gain some perspective.

• G Force%s's Photo

Yea, a lot of people dislike him for that.  But really, if the worst thing this guy has done is announce what team he is playing for publically to raise money for charity and underprivileged kids then he has a pretty spotless record.

• Kumba%s's Photo

"The Decision" was a great idea and made a lot of money for charities. It was suggested by Jim Gray and LeBron's people ran with it. Doing it any other way would have been anticlimactic. Sure it sucked for Cavs fans, but the news was going to suck for all but one team no matter how it was done. Get over it already...

As a lifelong Heat fan and one-time season ticket holder, I can't say I ever liked LeBron too much. When he got off the plane in Miami at 4 am there were dozens of fans at the airport cheering for him (at fucking 4 am!) and he never even waved. It was pretty cool to have the big 3, but it sucked kinda having it handed to us. Would have been better if we did it OKC style and had 3 guys turn into studs within our system. The 2006 championship will always be our best. Wade was on a near-Jordan level in that series. 

Hate on LeBron all you want, but he's the best all-around player in the NBA, closely followed by Westbrook.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading