Ask the Experts / Park Entrance cut off

• F0ndue%s's Photo

So, I've been working on something, and I noticed that somehow my park entrance is cut off. 

Attached File  SCR21.png (1021.5KB)
    downloads: 17

I need this map peeped, so how the hell do I fix this besides creating a new scenario (with the preexisting landscape and objects loaded in)? That one's not an option, since it just turns everything into a glitchy mess. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    Not really sure what your are asking. Is the park entrance gate cut off or the guest entry point?
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

As far as I can tell the guest entry point somehow doesn't connect to the park gate. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    Are you building in openrct?
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Yes, I do. I tried to fix it by switching over to vanilla RCT2 and owning all land through 8cars. This is how it looked before hacking. Attached File  SCR22.png (212.88KB)
    downloads: 10

And due to a game breaking bug I already had to do this whole scenario switch before. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    Send it over to me and I'll see what I can do.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    There were a couple ways to fix this previously, iirc, but I think it's probably way easier now with Open's Tile inspector feature that lets you edit path connections.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Is the tile inspector in its full functionality available already or am I missing something? I downloaded the latest dev-build and whilst it has the tile insector, I don't see any options for editing. The only "progress" that I made is that the path does now connect to the part entrance, but not the map edge anymore. Yay. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    I'm not on the most current version. Someone posted a gif/video of editing functionality in the tile inspector, and I'd assumed it had been merged in.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Here is the link for the extended tile inspector. It was never in develop, at the time it was posted here it was in a very early stage and not ready to be merged. It does look like more has been added since then, but no PR has been opened.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to edit the path connections - I'd just delete the entrance and all pathways and rebuild them (with clearance checks enabled, because zero clearance messes with paths quite a bit).

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Here is the link for the extended tile inspector. It was never in develop, at the time it was posted here it was in a very early stage and not ready to be merged. It does look like more has been added since then, but no PR has been opened.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to edit the path connections - I'd just delete the entrance and all pathways and rebuild them (with clearance checks enabled, because zero clearance messes with paths quite a bit).

Alright, but how do I rebuild the entrance? I'd prefer not to have to do it in the scenario editor. 
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Enable sandbox mode and open the map window.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading