News / Vertical Sprint & Technical Issues

• Louis!%s's Photo

Vertical Sprint
    Seven countries have entered the Vertical Sprint, resulting in a total of ten beautiful skyscrapers. Vote here.

In other news, reportedly OpenRCT has been causing trouble for a lot of people lately. We urge you to be careful and extra cautious for now, and please inform us if technical issues are preventing you from submitting an entry.

• G Force%s's Photo

Everyone should use the stable version 4.0 for now, it might crash when you use the in-game save window, but otherwise its fine.  Just use the old school (open new window) to save your games.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I had severe issues with OpenRCT2 while working on my entry - placing rides with scenery was spawning corrupt elements (of type 60 not 32), and corrupting the map so it would segfault when reloaded.

I found it was not necessary to revert to stable though - I went back to the branch I made when implementing the chain lift on all track cheat, and found the issue wasn't present there. Other issues may go back further, but there's a lot missing from 0.0.4 so I avoid it as much as possible.

I also found that just one corrupt element is all it takes to break compatibility with vanilla - I will have to design future parks around the constraint that nothing can be made invisible, because there's no way to tell if it will work or not and no way to around it if it doesn't.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Timbuktu has been using stable throughout the competition, to prevent any issues that newer versions might cause and to keep everyone on the same page when organizing multiplayer events.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

Timbuktu

Tfw you forget your own country's name

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading