RCT Discussion / What's played out? What isn't?

• Austin55%s's Photo

Some things just never get old. Some get old quick.

I'm a bit bored by all the Cheetah Hunt style "launch, elevated figure 8, drop" combo's that it seems are fairly common. Quite a long list of parks have had them recently. 

On the other hand, Cobra Roll's over water never gets old to me. Such a classic moment. 

I feel there's a lot more to this, it'd be curious to see the certain trends that come and go. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Boats

Themes

Coasters

Realism

Good RCT

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    Fantasy Parks with weird shit... never gets old.
  • pierrot%s's Photo

I love realism.

But seriously got bored with latest realism trends in NE since people tend to use exactly same objects for detailing. I know it's the best to use so I don't blame for that but everything looks the same to me.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes. Since aboit four years there are a couple of benches everyone uses and it makes all parks look the same. The 1K steel roofs are the worst.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Yes. Since aboit four years there are a couple of benches everyone uses and it makes all parks look the same. The 1K steel roofs are the worst.

I think they are one of the best roof, they literally make so much possible that just wouldn't otherwise.

You probably hate them because they aren't common in Europe, they are all over the place here especially in more mid range parks.  Kind of like I hate the steep shingled roof (Schwarzwald has them), where I bet some people love them.  Just look so out of place in the game to me.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

The 2017 ][ Style Forecast:

[still] Hot:  
    - realist architecture moving to recreate more diverse styles.  More vernacular archy in themed areas is always cool to see executed by people who handle detail well.

- chairlifts.  I expect ever bigger and better chairlifts from this site in the future.

- wayfinding and environmental graphics in parks.  Not just the happy little signposts, I'm talking like deco piece murals and posters for rides and nice showpiece ride entry signs.

- videogame and other license-theme parks in a realistic setting.  We're overdue for another round of parks that tackle discarded disney concepts or re-implement Universal / Dreamworks properties.I want to see Pixar Gardens with an Up area and Nemo's Lagoon.  I want PokePark.  I want Universal's Marvel Superhero Island.  I want Sony's Playstation World.

- Ducks.  Ducks in parks are always good.  Long live the #Ducks tag.

Not:
    - Coasters that must "fit" a certain manufacturer.  I don't have time to listen to anybody telling me that corkscrew is too early in the layout to be a historically accurate Vekoma if I put it there because it looked good.

- Fishhooks, clearly.  I mean, has anybody even built one in the past 5 years.

- NE Drama.  The site's no longer populated by a majority of <16yr-olds; we can afford to respect the time everybody puts into their work and the differences we all have in how we approach the game.  That's usually the case, but it is always ugly when it isn't.

- B&M Invert designs.  They're like training wheels for designs because they somehow look good all the time even if you weren't really trying that hard.  I'm guilty here; we all are.  They're just so alluring.

- Vekoma Boomerangs.  They just don't work very well for NE-style RCT.  

• pierrot%s's Photo

I do like 1K steel roofs because it looks shittyshit(no fun intended) and cheap. I choose them in my Pollution project. It definitely adds atmosphere when used properly.

• Recurious%s's Photo
    I think the 1k steel roofs look more like wooden planks, thats why I often use them. Naming them "steel" roof was the dummest decision ever, it leaves nothing to the imagination and people are now complaining that they don't "fit" the rest of the architecture because a steel roof would not make sense in a certain situation.
  • posix%s's Photo

But seriously got bored with latest realism trends in NE since people tend to use exactly same objects for detailing. I know it's the best to use so I don't blame for that but everything looks the same to me.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    once the big dirty is released everyone will play the superior ncso metagame
  • G Force%s's Photo

Eh, people have built in Paulism style for 10-12 years and no one really complains about that...  IMO that's a style that is much more played out and stale than CP6/Pac realism is at this point.

• Jappy%s's Photo

once the big dirty is released everyone will play the superior ncso metagame

If its released. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yes. Since aboit four years there are a couple of benches everyone uses and it makes all parks look the same.

Gotta love the Louis Benches!
  • Scoop%s's Photo

If its released. 

zing 
  • Version1%s's Photo
    I think everybody should just do what they enjoy and the rest of the community should learn to deal with it.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I think everybody should just do what they enjoy and the rest of the community should learn to deal with it.
    #dealwithit
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Putting abandoned trains/track in backstage areas. It used to be cool and is a good way of storytelling, but lately it just seems like its a requirement and often makes no sense or is just done in a boring way. Nearly all real parks have boneyards in them, so it makes sense that RCT parks would include these backstage details to, but lately they've just been overdone I think.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading