RCT Discussion / It's been 2 years..

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo

..since I've played RCT. And that fact alone depresses me to all ends. I love this site and it has been apart of my life for the better part of 8 years. And at the same time, I've lost my drive to play the game. I love it, and I check out the site every once and a while to see what everyone is doing but i'm not as engaged as I used to be. and I hate that fact. I need motivation from fellow lovers of the game to get back into it. I love this community with my entire heart and I miss it. But as of late I haven't had the drive to play lately. Mainly because life and things that happen as someone in their late 20's. I miss the comrade and the love we all share for this incredible game. Has anyone else found themselves in a rut lately and want to get out and be an active part of the community again? I know I do.

Sincerely, someone who misses the NE community

-Josh 

• G Force%s's Photo

Download OpenRCT!  Its much easier to play and can get rid of a lot of the annoying things that come along with building.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    I was in a rut, I still am in a rut, but openrct has made me inspired to build, it's just now finding the time to.

So definately download open and just start having a play around.

I believe I pm'd you a while back to say where are you and how much of a fan I was of your work, that's inspiration enough isn't it? ;)
  • Poke%s's Photo

Dude, your ncso screens were amazing. I miss em.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo

thanks guys. and of course Louis. that's almost all of the motivation I need.

and I have no idea what openrct is but I guess i'll look into it. haha

• Meretrix%s's Photo
    Or you could just play Planet Coaster... I have no doubt you could do amazing things on that platform.
  • soluna%s's Photo

yeah the drive for rct seems to come and go... lord knows some of the dedicated people on this site have gone through ruts for the better part of 15 years.

dude, it would suck to lose a player like you - your ncso screens are much in the way for inspiration, and your desire to keep playing after losing two design submissions speak volumes. I'd know if I spent that much time slogging through endless zero-clearances and error trappers, only to lose by .77%, I'd feel like quitting on the spot. Honestly, it does kind of add up after a while. I'm still pretty new to NE but I'm already feeling the burnout and the lack of motivation, and I can't imagine what it would be like for a player who's been building at high calibre for years.

Just remember to have fun, and don't try and force it - it'll come naturally. good luck

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading