RCT Discussion / OpenRCT2 Title Sequence 0.0.5

• spacek531%s's Photo

If you didn't know, I'm putting together the title sequence for 0.0.5, a reprisal from when I put together the title sequence for 0.0.4. I've worked on it for a few days, but I thought I would post updates on the NE forums instead of just reddit because you guys will probably have more helpful things to say than the reddit crowd.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I am in the process of solidifying ideas, so if you have any comments, please post!

Here's progress update 2, if you want to view the current progress:

https://www.dropbox....ress 2.zip?dl=0

I'm not completely sold on the Shrewsberry sequence. I think it runs too long and gets boring. On the same token, the position in time of Inselfieber and the following two parks is excellent, and I want to keep that the same. I have a feeling I need to inject another park in between the shortened Shrewsberry and Inselfieber, or if nothing else use Inselfieber twice in a row.  Using Inselfieber twice in a row is unsavory to me because of the two train images right next to each other. I could be wrong and it actually does work, but writing about it right now, I don't think it would.

Of the nominated parks, Palisade Gardens is easily my favorite, but it is a poor candidate for an OpenRCT2 title sequence because of how close the park edges are to the map edges, something that common in a lot of NE parks. If there was a way to expand parks so they have an additional 25 tiles on all sides, I would add a number of parks in a heartbeat. Maybe X7123M3-256 knows a way to add tiles on all sides instead of just two.

Regardless of being able to remaster parks to be larger, parks that work well in title sequences have ample room between the park itself and the map boundaries. Of the NE-nominated parks, only Inselfieber has that while also being peepable (Euroscape).

I will reply to this thread for future progress updates.

EDIT: if you are unsure where to put the title sequence folder: unzip the folder and place it in your \OpenRCT2\title sequences\ folder.

Thanks for any opinions and advice you have!

• G Force%s's Photo

The dropbox link is broken for me.

• spacek531%s's Photo

It works fine for me, even on a different computer. Try this.

• G Force%s's Photo

That Link works, I'll try and look at it tomorrow and give some feedback.  Title Sequences are something that I think this a really interesting feature a should be talked about more.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

The second view of Shrewsberry feels bad, especially since the first view allowed you to see the diagonals while the second one sees them head-on. The third view feels too bare. The last screen feels like it doesn't have enough movement. I liked the rest of them.

Also it took me way too long to figure out where to put it. :p

• janisozaur%s's Photo

That Link works, I'll try and look at it tomorrow and give some feedback.  Title Sequences are something that I think this a really interesting feature a should be talked about more.

You may want to pay closer attention to https://github.com/O...CT2/issues/2408 then

• G Force%s's Photo

Hmm, seems a bit short to me.  I've always loved the old LL one that went on for like 15 minutes the most.

All of the sequences are fine except for the 2nd one which is a bit ugly which you mentioned.

I'd try to add some more sequences from NE park if you can, not sure how many total parks you have but like I said, a bit more variety and less repetition would be nice.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I think the sequence is pretty close to completion. The first 40 seconds are a placeholder for now: the sequence is carefully timed, and without the placeholder, all the sequencing with the music would be thrown off. I redid the Shrewsberry sequences so they're less lame, and changed Swimmers so it focuses on the end of the ride instead of the beginning. I also added /u/mayan_sos's Gyro Gardens because there needed to be a low-energy shot.

As far as adding more NE parks, as I said in the first post, I would if I could. While NE is fine with seeing the black void, a vocal part of the OpenRCT2 community at large abhors it, so I am not going to show it in the sequence. This severely limits the number of parks I can use (in fact, Inselfieber is the only one, looking at the list of parks).

Like I said, don't mind the nothingness at the beginning of the sequence:

Download it here

• G Force%s's Photo

That 2nd one is a bit better I think.  Only sequence that seemed odd to me was the one in the middle of the dive coaster sequence that seemed to be of a completely different park?  Otherwise, looks solid to me.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Update 4!

Download

Just waiting on the /vr/ct people to finish building the first park.

I'll center the camera on the amphitheater by the final version, too lazy to go back and fix that one thing. 

• spacek531%s's Photo

Update 5!

Download

This is one update removed from the final version. The only thing left to do is to finish King County Amusement Park, and it will be complete. All the other parks have been parkdatted, the credits file has been written, and the script needs no more changes.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Nothing to say about it anymore?

• G Force%s's Photo
    Looks good to me, new sequences are a great intro to the game.