RCT Discussion / Rank the Coasters in your parks

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Be the craziness you want to see in the world

• Liampie%s's Photo

Yeah Alex, stop being so boring and orthodox.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Maybe i'll have to dust off my multi-track hat and attempt that 12 tracker I always wanted to do :lol:

• Coupon%s's Photo

1. tempesto

• Austin55%s's Photo

The Expedition in Manifest Destiny - 7,000 feet of Voyagesque deliciousness

Big Top from Circus Circus - Duo'd with Louis to pure perfection #BigTopDreamTeam

Rampage from Six Flags Northwest Adventure - Solid GCI layout.

Orient Express from G Force's World's of Fun - SLC layout with few compromises 

Bonnie & Clyde from Bonnie & Clyde - Racing coasters are tough, pretty racing coasters are tougher

Qomolangma from Qomolangma - A large intamin mega layout with a bit of style

Superman: Krypton Coaster from  Superman: Krypton Coaster - It's a recreation. Its okay.

Huracan from Huracan - Eh. 

Sphinx Jinx from Bumbly Bazaar - Pure perfection. 

I need to build more...

• pierrot%s's Photo

I still think Battle for jerusalem is the worst naming I've ever done.

• Jappy%s's Photo

I'm terrible at building coasters. Hell, it's one criticism I'm always sure I'm gonna get when releasing a screen or park. But sometimes a few good designs managed to sneak through. Definitely not the best for NE standards, but amazing for mine. 

1. Melancholica - Easkerton Towers: When building an Alton Towers ripoff, you need a Smiler ripoff. And I think I succeeded in capturing the essence and feeling of the ride. It includes everything I wanted: two lifthills, a shit ton of inversions... Despite it being a complete bowl of spaghetti, this coaster was actually made in only ten to fifteen minutes, a record time for me! Even supporting the damn thing wasn't that hard. Def a favorite of mine.

iDGBzo6.png

2. Waicuckoo Mountain Mining Company - Jappy's Wildland Adventure Kingdom: A mine ride set in the rugged Australian Outback. I think it's pretty obvious this was inspired by Expedition Everest. Again, including all the elements I wanted: the big lifthill, the backwards section... Mine train coasters are a personal favorite for the amount of theming and effort that has to be put in to make them work and this one surely is one of my favorites.

pvfrQP7.png

3. Cobra - Jappy's Wildland Adventure Kingdom: B&M's aren't my forte. While tons of people here can pinpoint to an element or inversion and can tell exactly what time period it's typical of or in what order it's the most logical to appear, I can't... I'm not a coaster expert, so this one was though. Based off Black Mamba in Phantasialand, I believe I did alright. This one is this high up the list for the amount of interaction with the path. That was my main criteria for building it and it looks awesome. My favorite part must be the corkscrew between the buildings.

MqgWJGH.png

4. Fortissimo - Piano Park: My first serious attempt at a GCI. I followed someone's guide on how to build a realistic GCI in RCT and this is the result. I can't take all the credit however as FredD did some adjustments to improve it. The brake section is all him for example. Nothing spectacular, but great for my standards. It's location in the park is what makes me love it.

kotlnfQ.png

5. AC/DC - Piano Park: Intamin's worst? :p I dunno. Based off a layout design I found somewhere online, this weird little contraption is my interpretation of an Intamin coaster. Even though the flow is still a bit iffy, people seemed to like it. I'm not totally happy with how this turned out, but it's not terrible. 

ZX3NLUe.png

• FredD%s's Photo

1. Mistral - FUCK - B&M stand-up coaster

image.png

After building the Top Thrill Dragster, Corkscrew and the racing Colossus woodies, I decided I needed a big B&M coaster in my coaster paradise park. A normal sit-down looper would be a bit classic, a stand-up coaster would be something more special and unique. Especially when CP transformed their stand-up coaster into a floorless coaster, I was sure it needed to stay a stand-up coaster. I reworked the lay-out so many times, always trying to re-do some parts to make it look better. This is definitely the coaster I'm most proud of. I think the environment helps a lot too, I like how I made the queue path under it and the interaction with the drop tower. 

2. Shangri-La - Shangri-La expedicion al Himalaya - B&M hyper coaster

Shangri_La_2017-07-24_11-25-06.png

Port Aventura's Shambhala is one of my favorite coasters and so I made a rct version heavily based on it. I remember that I was very disappointed and mad when it didn't win design, lol. Now I can see the flaws around it but I still regard the coaster as one of the best lay-outs I've made. I think it's very close to the real deal and the ampersand element is the best pulled one off. 

3. Desperados - FUCK - GCI wooden coaster

image.png

I love to ride wooden coasters in real life. Especially GCI's, their twisty rides full with airtime are the best. Sadly, I find it hard to build a good and realistic woodie in rct. Desperados is my best attempt and so this one scores high on the list of 'my own lay-outs I wish they were real'. 

4. Herne the Hunter - Herne the Hunter - B&M inverted coaster

image.png

My submission for the NE Olympics in 2016. The year before, I rode Alton Towers Nemesis for the first time and it blew me away. So for the biathlon challenge I decide to go with a Nemesis-esque coaster, since the best inverted coasters are the small ones (the big ones like Katun and Monster didn't really do much for me). Never before I used the landscape tool so much before, that was a challenge for me since I hate landscaping but I'm pretty proud of how it all came together. I should do more story parks/designs because I love that.

5. Manta - FUCK - B&M flying coaster

image.png

The story of fun to ride in real life, hard to pull of good in rct, goes also for flying coasters imo. I really tried a dozen of lay-outs but none were satisfying. But I really wanted to have a flying coaster in my park, even asked Faas to make one for me. In the end, I watched Manta, one of the most impressive and beautiful flyers and watched it's POV's over and over again. I tried to mimic it and came up with this. BelgianGuy helped me with merging the pretzel loop in and smoothen the lay-out here and there. I can't imagine coming with a better flying lay-out than this.

6. Nian - FUCK - Intamin mega lite

image.png

Intamin hpers/mega lites are also so much fun coasters to ride irl. And not so hard to pull of, still I like Nian a lot. For me it has what a classic Intamin has. Lots of airtime and some intense turns. This type of coaster isn't built enough in rct as in real life.

Rest of the coasters I have in published parks aren't really worth mentioning. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading