RCT Discussion / Usual time taken to make a map for a park?

• spacek531%s's Photo
    My park has been approved, but it has been waiting over a week for the map to be added. Is the map something that the submitter typically provides?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Map turnaround time is related to many factors in the release approval process / queue.  Since ORCT2's Big Screenshot feature was implemented they've become significantly easier to do, but there's still a multi-step process to work through to format and optimize the files for hosting on the site. The fact that it's a tedious task at times and relies on when the map team or admins are available to do it has occasionally stretched the queue length to a month or more, though that's on the extreme end of things. Part of the reason myself and G Force were added to the admin team recently is to help keep the release queue moving.

Aside from the technical concerns, we also try to space out releases a little so the community can keep up with new downloads and give them the views and comments they deserve rather than releasing everything as quickly as possible.  It looks like your map is second in line right now, so it shouldn't be more than few days until we get to it.  Feel free to PM if you've got questions!

• spacek531%s's Photo
    I have not been with NEDesigns for very long, and I do not know very much about running a community, so your answers allow me to see things in a new light. I wasn't mad, but I was a bit frustrated by the turnover time. Thanks for the quick and informative reply.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

No worries!  Happy to help.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    After a few releases you get used to the wait time. :D
  • Louis!%s's Photo

:peace:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading