Related Games / [PC] Muskoka Grove

• robbie92%s's Photo

Hey Guys!

Long time, no... advertise? Anyways, it's been some time since I've really advertised a project beyond a screen or two chucked into random topics or posted to the front page, and while I haven't played RCT in a few months (I need to transfer a bunch of stuff onto my newish laptop), I have recently been getting into Planet Coaster. As a way to get a hang of the tools, scenery, controls, and all that without delving into too complex of a theme or concept, I decided to give a try to adapting the general concept for Muskoka Grove into Planet Coaster. While there's certain coaster types I wish this game had (like Schwarzkopf loopers or steel-support woodie hybrids), the general idea for a smaller park based in the deciduous lakelands of Ontario's Muskoka region is still easily translatable into this game. 

Right now, there isn't all that much in terms of content, as there's been a lot of building and deleting, but I'm loving the incredible charm that comes from the art direction of the game and the possibilities of everything. I can't wait to full explore this game!

Attached File  MG2.JPG (185.23KB)
    downloads: 117

Attached File  MG3.JPG (125.36KB)
    downloads: 131

Attached File  MG4.JPG (139.29KB)
    downloads: 116

Attached File  MG5.JPG (154.96KB)
    downloads: 125

Attached File  MG6.JPG (145.24KB)
    downloads: 126

Attached File  MG7.JPG (125.59KB)
    downloads: 110

Edit: Off-topic, but does anyone know the best method for taking screenshots? The snipping tool isn't allowing for a lot of the graphic quality to come through; it's a lot crisper and cleaner in-game.

• posix%s's Photo

The fully detailed main street shops are like such a thing Robbie would do.

Very good to see you active again, even if not in RCT. Beautiful work.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

honestly this is rct4 and you're already looking comfy with the engine, I'm still adjusting and have vowed to finish imaginaerum before I dive into PC but I will play this game for real though

• G Force%s's Photo
    That coaster type is an interesting selection. Glad to see you continuing this project, hope to see more.
  • Richie%s's Photo

Looks like a great start so happy people here are picking up the game.

If you have nvidia experience you could try using that to take screenshots, ive not tried myself so dont know if its any better than steams tool.

• nin%s's Photo

Return of the Ad District?

• trav%s's Photo

It's definitely a good start, I really like how you've used a few objects like the water tower. 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Attached File  MG8.jpg (124.66KB)
    downloads: 104

Super proud of this building for whatever reason (maybe finally getting the hang of the controls). The one annoying thing is that due to the game's limit that each "building" is confined to a strict grid, this corner structure is actually three different buildings to capture all three angles. Still, it was fun to build and experiment on this building specifically.

EDIT: The quality of this screen is way below the actual graphics on my screen, so the game itself runs smoothly. Just gotta figure out how to take a screenshot that captures that quality :p

• nin%s's Photo

Could you take a few more .. traditionally? Like isometric style. Just to give a sense of the overall area.

• alex%s's Photo

Looks great Rob.

What is that bird coaster? Do those cars swing?

• Louis!%s's Photo

^ https://rcdb.com/4312.htm

• Steve%s's Photo
    I agree with nin, but this looks so awesome. I want this game. :(
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Here's more of an overhead shot or two.

Attached File  20161122203322_1.jpg (151.6KB)
    downloads: 176

Attached File  20161122203330_1.jpg (138.17KB)
    downloads: 188

• Steve%s's Photo
    What do you mean? It's two, Rob.

Wooden coaster looks rad, let's see that shit.
  • alex%s's Photo

dat wooden coaster reflection in the water tho!

• Cocoa%s's Photo

those overhead screens remind how much of our parks is just roofs and not much else :p

• Roomie%s's Photo

Just bought this game... teach me your ways Robbie :p

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

This looks great, Rob.  I can't believe I missed this until now.  I love this style.  Glad to see it's translating into PC so well.  It's all very clean, especially the pathwork around the carousel.  Looking forward to more. 

• Meretrix%s's Photo

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading