RCT Discussion / Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic

• Steve%s's Photo

if you buy something on the play store can you download it on multiple devices? reason being i dont know if my phone can handle it

Play store? Is this Android? Or Google maybe? Not sure actually.

I do know that for the App Store on iOS, if you buy it once under one account, you can login on a separate device up to five times I believe. So if you had one phone you could use your iTunes info on 4 other iPads to download it. I don't see why other mobile OS's wouldn't do the same, but who knows. Regardless, the game itself doesn't seem to take up too much space or suck too much life out of my phone. So if you have an older mobile device I almost don't think it would be much of an issue.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Which park is that, Steve?
  • Steve%s's Photo

Which park is that, Steve?

Diamond Heights, Liam. We built it, remember?
  • posix%s's Photo

Lol?

Saw this on Android Police the other day. Thought it looked pretty dismal at first, and there still needs to be a ton of improvements, but this could be interesting. Moreso than a parkmaking tool, I'd imagine it to be a very handy park viewer. You could become a panelist on-the-go, and generally stay much more connected with NE releases.

• nin%s's Photo
    In terms of battery life I'll agree with Steve in that it hardly drains your battery. Played with 10% for a bit of time and it only budged a percentage or two. I'll buy the toolkit soon to be able to import in cso, just wanted Steve to make the plunge first lol.

My Forest Frontiers park is slowly making progress. Just casually building during small breaks at work. An actual bench with funding would be great.

Attached Image: IMG_4869.PNG

I can't imagine building anything as intense as what we do on a mobile device, but the panelist-on-the-go idea was pretty solid. Less intensive building styles would do great and an iPad build could be wonderful I think.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

This is amazing... and LMFAO @ Liam not knowing Steve posted a pic of a very popular duo park they made together :lol:

• FredD%s's Photo

I don't see the plus side of this. Building on a desktop/laptop is way easier than on a tablet, and surely easier than on a smartphone. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

If this gets Steve building again then omg :bunny:

• Jappy%s's Photo

This ain't gonna work on my old iPhone 4 I guess...? No matter, I imagine I still prefer building on a larger screen. But this does seem interesting for playing scenario's on the go.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Aside from viewing parks, whether for panelist duty or for fun, it may also be useful for designing layouts.
  • pierrot%s's Photo

God Chris Sawyer, this is revolutionary.

• nin%s's Photo

I don't see the plus side of this.

It allowed me to beat Forest Frontiers, which is something I hadn't done in about ten years.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    ^

Fred, believe it or not, the building UI isn't as restricting as you might think. Sure, you're not going to build a massive detailed building in this, but this is like the Nintendo Switch for RCT. You're building a solo but have to go to class? No problem, email it to yourself, import it, and start finishing up that pesky foliage you have to fill in during your commute. Productivity could skyrocket because of this. It's worth the $12 in my opinion, no question.

Jappy, if you have the 4 but you're able to run iOS 7, you should be fine. The only thing is that just maybe that screen is a little too small. Up to you!

What Kyle said about using an iPad or tablet is very true; it would actually be a breeze to build with I think.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Just got the toolkit so I'll update this with that and an iPad build test in the next few days. Busy with holidays right now as most are I assume.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

this isn't going to change the world (it'll always be better on mouse/keyboard etc) but there is literally no denying how valuable a tool this is

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Also; if it's fun, why does it need to be useful?

• SSSammy%s's Photo

fun doesn't real chorkiel

• Hepta%s's Photo

Woooooah this is fun. My Chromebook has access to the Play Store so I was able to download and play. Scenery building is a bit clunky despite having a keyboard and trackpad because none of the shortcuts work and the mouse acts as touch. 

Either way, great to have this option now, I've been without RCT for years. 

JsaPJDB.jpg

• trav%s's Photo

This is awesome. However, at £6.00, that puts it at more expensive than the actual games on GOG and Steam, including 3 I think. Not sure how much that will put non-hardcore fans off.

• Kumba%s's Photo

So LL parks work too?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading