RCT Discussion / Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic

• Zenosbleed%s's Photo

I couldn't open *.sv6 or *.td6 in Android... What should I do?

• Louis!%s's Photo
    What's the battery drainage like on mobile? Does it totally zap all of it?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    As an iPhone user, I can start playing on a full charge for a maybe 2-3 hours before it starts getting below half my battery. It's surprisingly efficient.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    I've tried the game on the iPhone 7 but I would rather try it out on a tablet (probably obvious).
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think nin has tried it out on a tablet with good results. No doubt that having a bigger screen would be beneficial. Playing on my iPhone 7 isn't awful though, it just takes a little getting used to.
  • hpg%s's Photo

Anyone figure out how to get the corrupt element invisibility hack to work in RCT Classic? So far this seems to be the only annoyance with viewing parks on the iPad.

edit: btw, you can also import object data directly from iTunes if you encounter any missing data errors. 

• Steve%s's Photo
    hpg, wow! Very welcome surprise. Glad you are back for the mobile game. Great, isn't it?

I wasn't aware of the iTunes thing. I have yet to encounter missing data errors. Missing objects, sure, but I can just import the objects directly from the NE database on Safari/Chrome/whatever. Is that what you mean?

As far as the invisibility hack, do you mean the one that's done in Open? If done right it's compatible with vanilla/Classic. I haven't encountered any problems but there are some instances of things being a little wonky with hacks appearing on the mobile version.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Could we get this pinned? Morons like myself who are garbage at using the site search need help to overcome our mental holdups lol. I’ve been looking for this thread for 3 days. And I was just about to make another one before deciding to look one last time haha.

Anyway any updates on the community’s thoughts on mobile RCT playing? Also someone asked about LL and that never got answered, are both games supported? Any other general thoughts?
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Anyway any updates on the community’s thoughts on mobile RCT playing? Also someone asked about LL and that never got answered, are both games supported? Any other general thoughts?

I know Steve has made effective use of it several times. It's nice for me on the go, but I prefer playing on desktop.

LL is not supported. It's an .sv6 format with "classic" feel but RCT2 land textures, rides, path, etc. It's basically RCT2 with all the scenarios and the ability to play on the go.

• KaiBueno%s's Photo
    I think the thing to note here is that you can take a Classic park and finish it in Open to get the hacks done. Steve might do this, but if you want to see a pure/100% classic park with no hacks, check out the new one from cBass this yr. So that you know the differences.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading