RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Yes.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I just had an idea...

Build two parks at the same time

We could start a new park tonight. Have it on for a week, then switch back to our current park for a week (or until it's finished. We would just be switching back and forth between two parks between weeks.

Pros:

- Prevents fatigue by the communiy with a park as a whole, like we may be experiencing now

- Pleases more crowds at the same time. One week could be a wet dream for realism builders, the other week the fantasy and theming crowd could go wild.

- Gives addicted players like me some rest

- Gives us plenty of time to swap objects and do other off-line hacks. Perhaps we can even lend out the park to people who can contribute in single player

- More room for experimenting

Cons:

- Logistics require a little bit more effort

- If you miss your chance you may have to wait a week to make your contribution

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Maybe do this after this one is done? I can really help out this week in terms of helping to finidh up a lot of things
  • RWE%s's Photo

I like the idea, but maybe it's a bit late for that, since the current park is nearly finished, I'm afraid that people won't be motivated to finish this one, when there is already another one.

• Recurious%s's Photo

I agree with RWE, do it after this park is finished, because I think this would only work if both parks have the same level of completeness.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I feel like we should start this after we finish this park. We just need everyone to hop on and really get to working on filling in and finishing the current park up before we do anything new. This could be wrapped up in a day easy just need a community effort.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I have an entire day of nothing on wednesday, count me in!
  • G Force%s's Photo
    I think was should just focus on one at a time for now. If we start running into problems down the road with people getting burnt out on a map we can start switching. However at this point I think the participation is good and not enough to warrant a change. Naturally once you get to the end of a map progress will slow because it's just filling in the gaps and less creative work.
  • alex%s's Photo

i also think we gotta finish map1 first. Otherwise we're in danger of the next map being way better and no-one having the motivation to return to map1. Getting excited for map2 can be an incentive.

• Lotte%s's Photo

Can I have somebody count me in as a player?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Can I have somebody count me in as a player?

done 

• Lotte%s's Photo

thanks intamin!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Just back from a camp,looking forward to some more multiplayer soon- i have like a month of free time

If we still looking for ideas for another park, id love to open up an ll classic like sea world atlanta in the server and rct2 modernize it- respecting the areas intentions and layouts while building detailed archy and shitt
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I updated my openrct as needed but can't acces the server...

• Steve%s's Photo

I updated my openrct as needed but can't acces the server...

Same here, weird.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Maybe because the server isn't updated yet?

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

it specifically asked my before loading the first time

• G Force%s's Photo

Download a build from the OpenRCT2 website from a day or so ago and it should work. 

Just make it a separate install of the game, I'd recommend using the "installer" format, although its your choice.

Once the server is updated, just go back to using the launcher version.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

ok so the park is getting pretty much done atm, but one thing is on my mind a bit, te shutter island part is cool, but it just doesn't fit the park AT ALL in my opinion, it makes no sense to be fair and drags it down a bit I feel

any thoughts?

• RWE%s's Photo

Yeah i agree, it definitely needs some rework etc. to fit into the park.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading