News / NE's Christmas Presents: Multiplayer Server and Object Database

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Yes, that's exactly what I want to do.
  • tce_k%s's Photo

This is awesome, thanks to all that made this happen.

Is it possible I can add some objects/rides to the object selection? I didn't make them but I have a lot of other rides not in the object selection. 

• nin%s's Photo

Very nice to see the site still moving forward. Merry [belated] Christmas, everyone!

• Brent%s's Photo

Is there, or has there been talk about a park dump of whatever everyone has, from any park creator. There's a lot of great parks saved on this site, but there's a lot missing. Danimation Spotlights, RCT Masters, and many other golden age of RCT site parks. Doesn't matter who it's from that you may have saved, but a spot to upload and then have the community index the parks. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Is there, or has there been talk about a park dump of whatever everyone has, from any park creator. There's a lot of great parks saved on this site, but there's a lot missing. Danimation Spotlights, RCT Masters, and many other golden age of RCT site parks. Doesn't matter who it's from that you may have saved, but a spot to upload and then have the community index the parks. 

http://www.nedesigns...funct-websites/
  • Liampie%s's Photo

If you have parks that are missing from the database, Brent, you are most welcome to upload them! I think the database currently has all surviving Danimation spotlights. Any others are presumed lost I think.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Is it possible I can add some objects/rides to the object selection?

If you send them to me, I'll upload them with preview images. Right now, new objects don't get them automatically - that still needs to be implemented.
  • posix%s's Photo

X7, do we have any objects in the DB that are not linked to a park on the site? If not, I'd prefer for it to stay that way. I believe when we started it we wanted only actually used DATs, as we deemed any other worthless.

This does include workbenches though. I have a long collection of workbenches that have been released over the years, many of which haven't yet been added to the park database. I'll send it to you.

• tce_k%s's Photo

If you send them to me, I'll upload them with preview images. Right now, new objects don't get them automatically - that still needs to be implemented.

Sent 15 rides over. Will send more tomorrow or in a couple of days :) 

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

X7, do we have any objects in the DB that are not linked to a park on the site?

No, right now there are not. There are a few objects only used in 1 park though. EDIT: Actually, there are. I've found at least two such objects - this one and this one. I had assumed that sorting by frequency meant sorting on the number of parks that use the object, but apparently it doesn't. It's not the number of downloads either so now I have no idea what "frequency" means, but there are objects in the database with no associated park

If not, I'd prefer for it to stay that way. I believe when we started it we wanted only actually used DATs, as we deemed any other worthless.

Are you sure? I won't add them if you don't want them, but I'd argue that just because they haven't been used yet doesn't mean they won't be useful. I was going to add the remainder of my rides to the DB as well.

• posix%s's Photo

Well, okay then, go ahead and add what you think has quality.

Something is strange though, as I clearly remember SFSPIN. Think this was a non-exportable one I fought with for quite a few releases. Very confused as to why it's not linked to any parks.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    There are two versions of SFSPIN in the database. The other one is used in 4 parks. RIVVTT45 is not duplicated though. I want to do something about the duplicates at some point as well.
  • posix%s's Photo

Ah, you're lifting all my grievances with RCT2 objects. It was bad enough to have non-exporting ones, but then they populated into duplicates...

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I believe they're not technically duplicates, they're slightly different versions of the same object. Usually, if they have the same name then one version is older and really ought not to be shown at all.
  • posix%s's Photo

Do we even know if JAGIGLT got updated at some point? I know that's another of the duplicate ones. They have different MD5 checksums though.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I don't now if these are the result of deliberate updates or whether they got corrupted somehow - I'd have to look closer at what differs between the files. I do know that some of my rides are duplicated, and that is because they were updated.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I'm not sure why but I'm not able to enter the server.

• nicman%s's Photo

You have to update your openrct2, so just go here https://openrct2.org/ and download and install the x86 or x64 depending on your computer. If it still doesn't work, then you will have to wait until the ne server openrct2 is updated.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

The network version was recently changed and the server hasn't updated to match. You'll need to revert to an older build until the server catches up.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Sweet T from Tycoon Paradise will handle server updates, I'll get in contact with him and try to relieve the issue.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading