RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server II (Update: February 9th)

• G Force%s's Photo

Introduction
    It has been more than a year since OpenRCT's multiplayer functionality took off. So far, the vast majority of the multiplayer servers available have not been quite up to NE standards though. And we think this is a missed opportunity. Therefore, we introduce our very own multiplayer server! Together, we will try to create a single park that will blow any other multiplayer park out of the water. This can be the start of a new era in group park making.

Special thanks to the Tycoon Paradise community, who is hosting this server for us. For slightly more casual RCT fun, Tycoon Paradise's servers are recommended.

Goal
    The goal of this server is to co-create a single consistent and coherent park. To cater to all audiences as much as possible with one park, a realistic american style amusement park like Great America, Carowinds, Kings Island, or Six Flags.  This means that unrealistic content such as floating islands and flying cars are prohibited, as well as heavy theming or franchise references that one might find in resort parks such as Islands of Adventure or Phantasialand.  The content included in this park is largely up to you, however some planning and pre-existing rides have already been added to the map.  Other than the park type, what is also important is that the landscape and scale is consistent. If one guy builds his area with lots of pine trees, single wide paths and buildings that make the peeps look like midgets, and another guy builds his area with tropical foliage, wide paths and buildings on a miniature scale, the park will look weirdly distorted as a whole. Therefore it is very important to be aware of what other people, especially those close to you on the map, have been doing. You are advised to build considerately.

Once the park is completed, we will release it on the site officially and we will start over with a clean sheet. The next park might very well be a recreation or all-out fantasy!

PLEASE READ THE SERVER RULES: Here

See below for reference material and inspiration/park concepts

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd reccoment touring the following parks on Google Streetview: Kings Island, Carowinds, California's Great America, Valleyfair, and Six Flags Mexico. 

http://www.greatamer...s.php?album=114

http://greatamericap....com/rides.html

http://www.carowinds...earlyyears.html

1970rendition.jpg

flume2003.jpg

Racer-After.jpg

e64378c432aea841de5bb9d1d386fcef.jpg

NPNKI72%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Kings%20Island%20in%201972_1399003737144

KI-International%20St%20views.jpg

• G Force%s's Photo

I stared work on the entrance, just to give a basic reference to start off of.  Like the last map I'm expecting it to probably change before the park is finished.

Attached Image: NE Server Map 2.png

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

This is my style! Sounds fun.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

is six flags mexico level of themeing and atmosphere too far off the vibes of this map?

• G Force%s's Photo

There can definitely be a section of that!

Perhaps to the right of the main plaza, beyond the midway. Kind of like where the kiddie section of Kings Island is in reference to the entrance.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Really looking forward to working on this with you all. Hopefully I'll learn a lot about the realism side of rct because quite frankly I'm a noob at it ATM.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Just copy Starpointe.
  • Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I already copy PAC enough...just in a much shittier fashion
  • RWE%s's Photo

Yay, the 2,000th park which tries to be starpointe, should be fun :p

• Jappy%s's Photo

I wanna be resposible for the railway! I'm a railway enthusiast, so I can guarantee devotion! :D

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    So we want record coasters in all forms and shapes? With minimal generic theming and names....
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Why record coasters?

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Cuz a lot of these parks tend to advertise a lot with highest coaster in 500miles and most inversion on this type of coaster and whatnot because it's basically only the ride and nothing else
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Oh c'mon guys, none of the hyper-realism players complained when the first park was being made, please stop this...
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'm not complaining, I'm just asking do we want these types of rides
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Ahhh, I'm sorry then, I thought you meant that as a complaint.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Oh c'mon guys, none of the hyper-realism players complained when the first park was being made, please stop this...

Another one who doesn't really understand hyper-realism, it seems.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

NVM

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I feel like we really need more planning. Granted it is only the first day but if we are going for realism everyone needs to be on the same page. It's not like a IOA or fantasy type park where you can generally build whatever you please. I'm afraid that if it's not planned we'll be in a cycle of build and delete and people will just get pissed off. Just my two cents...give it a few more days though

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading