RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server II (Update: February 9th)

• G Force%s's Photo

Yea, I kind of felt it would go this way.  Mostly my fault for rushing out the map and not planning it thoroughly.  Most of the stuff on the map is good, its just not arranged in the best way.

I'd feel bad restarting, but in a day or so if the majority of people feel we should then we can.  Most of the stuff should be easily enough moved to a new map with the save scenery option for custom rides.

To me, planning is 90% of making a realistic park in RCT.  The rest is just the creativeness and technical skills to make it look nice.  We have the 10%, but the 90% is lacking, mostly due to me.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

yeah thats the problem then... I feel like a lot of the fun of multiplayer is letting it evolve organically and just seeing what happens. I don't have a problem with setting quality and style goals but having one or two people micro-managing the shape of the park essentially turns it into solo that other people are allowed to build on, and not the fluid, collective multiplayer process that made it so fun the first time around

• G Force%s's Photo
    Definitely true, I felt like I was micro managing last night. Which really shouldn't be the goal. But at the same time people need to use their best judgement. Just placing down a coaster in the middle of the map with not respect for anything else shouldn't be the goal either.

I think if the objective is to build the best park possible, we need to take a step back and plan/set some more guidelines.

However I don't really know if that's what we're going for, and in the end it really doesn't matter if the park is any good or not. At least to me, just so long as people build respectfully to the concept and content on the map.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Planning is definitely everything. As long as I can keep my floorless that I worked really hard on, I'd be okay with moving it and such.

• Lotte%s's Photo

DlIrEmF.png

Please continue :(, I'm really liking how my section is turning out

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Someone should put that ridiculous hacked giant inverted boomerang from the last map into this one, it was sick
  • G Force%s's Photo

Build like the area around the Invert guys, that's the style we're looking for.  Just re-skin it for the different area's to make it cohesive.

• trav%s's Photo

I have to agree that I think it needs a lot more planning. For a semi-realism or fantasy park, people have a lot more freedom to build whatever comes into their head, where as with this I feel that some more direction on what should be included in what area, and maybe like a couple of buildings pre-built in an area to show the theme could really help. It's not going badly so far, but from being in the server for a few hours last night, everyone felt as though there wasn't enough direction.

Also, please get rid of that Intamin.

• Jappy%s's Photo

More Americana? Okay, I'll search for some more American railroad stations as inspiration for the next one.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I can only build starting tomorrow, can I reserve a slot for an invert or a hyper?!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I can only build starting tomorrow, can I reserve a slot for an invert or a hyper?!
  • Jappy%s's Photo

We already have an invert... But the hyper seems possible I think?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

There's already a hyper on the map as well.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Some parks have two hypers.

• nicman%s's Photo

Canada's Wonderland has a hyper and a giga.

• Version1%s's Photo

There's already a hyper on the map as well.

Everybody wants that gone.

But since it was built by Maverix it will most likely stay, what am I even talking about?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Everybody wants that gone.

I missed that. What's the deal with it?

• Steve%s's Photo

The hyper layout is good in theory (realism-wise I suppose) but overall I think it could use some smoothing out. It's all about finding a balance between aesthetics and what a real ride truly looks like. I think it should lean more towards the former.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Attached Image: datflow.png

• Louis!%s's Photo

I don't think a park needs planning if its done with a group of people that aren't selfish and trying to get the biggest and best layout into the park.

That is what suffered with the last one, not just this one, everyone wants to build a layout or start a new area, that's just not how it is ever going to work. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading