RCT Discussion / Musket Staff Naming?

• Kumba%s's Photo

Musket will be finished soon, likely this weekend. As you may know, the theme is American Revolutionary War, the US fighting the British starting in 1775. 

Seeing as NE has a lot of American and British members, I want to work that into the staff/cast member naming. The design will have lots of soldiers on both sides and plenty of chances for me to slap an NE member's name on them. There will be hero roles on each side (tho keep in mind that the US ends up winning and I'll admit that the design has a bit of a bias slant to the US). There will also be unfortunate roles, like soldiers wounded in battle and even sent to be hung. If you want a certain role, feel free to ask for it in a reply below.

If you are not American or British (and therefore probably Dutch), feel free to post and request a side to fight on. Apologies in advance if you don't make it into the park. 

I could also use a a few experienced LL testers, but there won't be too many. Please PM me or reply if you are interested.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Give me whatever obscure role you have.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Murica! I'll request to be one of those hillbilly dudes who does hit and runs from the bushes (forgot what they're called)
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Murica! I'll request to be one of those hillbilly dudes who does hit and runs from the bushes (forgot what they're called)

That's a hillbilly

• G Force%s's Photo

Minutemen or Guerrilla fighters I think its what your referring to.

Count me in.

• RWE%s's Photo

Ddin't French, dutch, and spanish also fight on the american side in that war?

I'm 100% sure the germans fought on the british one as subsidies regiments (is that even a word in english?).

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Minutemen or Guerrilla fighters I think its what your referring to.

Count me in.

https://en.wikipedia...rgan's_Riflemen  ?

Minutemen were more on the order of regular militia - trained for volley fire -  than guerrilla fighters.   

• G Force%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1487708580' post='716375']

https://en.wikipedia...rgan's_Riflemen  ?

Minutemen were more on the order of regular militia - trained for volley fire -  than guerrilla fighters.   

The definition is pretty broad, but I think there is a mixture.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Minutemen

"

The Continental Army regulars received European-style military training later in the American Revolutionary War, but the militias did not get much of this. They were better when used as irregulars rather than fighting formal battles in the traditional dense lines and columns, functioning primarily as skirmishers and sharpshooters. When used in conjunction with continental regulars, the militia would frequently fire ragged irregular volleys from a forward skirmish line or from the flanks of the Continental Army, while Continental soldiers held the center.

Their experience suited irregular warfare. Many were familiar with frontier hunting.[6] The Indian Wars, and especially the recent French and Indian War, had taught the colonials the value of irregular warfare, while many English troops fresh from Europe were less familiar with this. The long rifle was also well suited to this role. The rifling (grooves inside the barrel) gave it a much greater range than the smoothbore musket, although it took much longer to load. Because of the lower rate of fire, rifles were not used by regular infantry, but were preferred for hunting. When performing as skirmishers, the militia could fire and fall back behind cover or behind other troops, before the British could get into range. The wilderness terrain that lay just beyond many colonial towns favored this style of combat and was very familiar to the local minuteman. In time, however, loyalists such as John Butler and Robert Rogers mustered equally capable irregular forces (Butler's Rangers and the Queen's Rangers, led by Englishman John Graves Simcoe). In addition, many British commanders learned from experience and effectively modified their light infantry tactics and battle dress to suit conditions in North America."

I guess it just depends on what you consider, "hit and runs in the bushes". 

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    That's what they're called Morgan Rifflemen.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Ddin't French, dutch, and spanish also fight on the american side in that war?

I'm 100% sure the germans fought on the british one as subsidies regiments (is that even a word in english?).

Yes, some argue that up to 75% of the financing and training for the American Army was from the French.  I do think that there was some Dutch influence as well, as NYC was a initially a Dutch colony and still a very Dutch area.  The Spanish also had some influence.

As far as Germans, I think the Brits hired some mercenary German soldiers and units.   I'm not too familiar on the background to this though, its been a few years since I've studied this stuff.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah, you can basically assume the Dutch were with the "Americans" who were mostly Dutch. Still, America is not all that popular these days, so I want to give you guys a choice.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

Give me any role you need to fill on the American side.

• Scoop%s's Photo

I want in. as long as I'm not British I'm ok with it.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I wanna be on the American side!

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Very excited to see the finished product. I'd be proud to be an American also.

• Version1%s's Photo

I will fight for whoever the Germans fought for (though I feel compelled to fight for the colonists considering what I'm studying)

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    My people fought to secede from this "union"
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

im the British leader

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    My people fought to secede from this "union"
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

Brazil wasn't even an actual country at that point, so I guess I'll pass :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading