General Chat / I made this in spite of r/rct

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

https://www.reddit.com/r/RCTbutBetter/ so r/rct has been pretty bad for a while but the tipping point was when recently, an incredibly shitty coaster got more upvotes than anything NE posted there. So I made this subreddit

• Version1%s's Photo

nobody will use that subreddit. NE is a better page to talk about screens anyways.

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

I assumed anywho

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

r/rct is not NE.  They celebrate RCT content and people enjoying the game in certain ways, and we celebrate RCT content and people enjoying the game in ways that are sometimes similar and sometimes very different.  

There's room in the universe for both communities and r/rct can be a refreshing change of pace.  Best of luck with your new subreddit, but if you're trying to make NE - we've already got one of those!  

• G Force%s's Photo

This is why I call reddit, the Wal-Mart of the internet, as opposed to community specific sites like NE, which are the small businesses and family run stores.

If reddit doesn't have a sub for it, just create one and attempt to replace the existing community, while providing a often far worse product, its all about easy of access and visibility.

Put your product on reddit, and you get more activity and more eyes than you would on your own small website, despite likely producing a worse experience for your customer with much more basic functionality and less user support.

What does Wal-Mart do?  They move into a market, carry all the goods you could possibly want at a cheaper price and larger quantity, but with reduced customer service, options, knowledge of product, depth of product.  Eventually, overtaking and killing the small run shops and stores in the market that are specialized and provide a better user experience but often at a higher cost and lower quantity.

Sorry for the tangent, but this is part of the reason I hate reddit for small things like this.  Big communities and topics sure, sports, news, politics, whatever.  But once you try to specialize it and create a very niche or specific community, your going to probably kill the rest of the market overtime.

Not targeting you by any means, but just trying to showcase a point.  But basically, in the end, does everything need to be on reddit?  Sometimes, can't we just use the already existing infrastructure or communities?  Seems that it would be much better for us that way.

• Lotte%s's Photo

This is why I call reddit, the Wal-Mart of the internet,

That is a very good comparison actually. Reddit basicly does with online content what amazon and wallmart have done with retail.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading