RCT Discussion / What's in store for New Element 2017?

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Well we're 2 months into the new year, I don't think this topic has been thrown out there yet. I'm sure everyone has a few rct projects on their agenda this year... spill the beans!

- What projects are you striving to complete by year's end?

- Any new projects on your horizons?

- Predictions about what other members will accomplish?

- Contest expectations for the spring/summer? (Admin's might shoot me for this one)

- Expected breakout players on NE?

- Anything else rct related on your minds for the next 10 months?

For me, I seem to be rolling right along with my Mario Kart project, it's moving really well actually. I figure I should release it probably May/June, pending any unforeseen hiccups.

And I've got a second project on the back-burner, about 50 years in, that I'd like to pick up and complete. It's smaller a scale park, so it should easily be finish-able by fall/winter. I might actually try to get a 2nd builder on the project, we'll see how it goes. As for the theme, I'll leave that as a mystery for now...

In my mind I'm putting together a new larger project, it's still in the early planning stages. I'd like to return to my Treasure Islands style park with more purpose and planning this time, maybe try one of these fancy new benches I've been hearing about around the rct water-cooler. :p I'll try putting some of the suggestions from others into use for this larger park, refine my park building style more. But I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so this will be late 2017 or early 2018 I reckon.

• Version1%s's Photo

I will finish my secret project and get a bronze accolade. If I don't achieve this, I'm disappointed with myself.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Gonna be finishing my first solo park in a long while with hopes to bag my first accolade.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

I hope to finish my solo design the next month or something, and make something else for the rest of the year.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

I hope to finish my design and get my first solo accolade.  Also maybe do another park aswell

• RWE%s's Photo

I've at least one design and one park in the making, which will probably both come the first half of this year. Of course i hope to get my first solo accolades for these things. Other than that I'm working on Land of Dreams, i hope to get the most stuff done there this year.

I don't think except for maybe some collab stuff, there won't be any new projects though. 

For predictions what others will achieve, i'm pretty sure that there will be a new parkmaker this year. I'm not sure who it will be, but there are several projects by non-parkmakers which i surely expect to get a higher accolade voting than 80%, and i think some of these might get finished this year.

For contest expectations i think there is going to be something small, but not much. We got the olympics last year and we'll probably have h2h next year.... what do we want more?

For possible breakout players i would first think of those who already improved pretty fast the last months like WhosLeon, Bubbsy41, Ekspert or even CoasterCreator9, IonZer0 or GammaZero who are also on a good way to become good players. My insider tips would be RuyataxRCT, julow and roygbiv who are all showing a lot of potential and it might be possible that they will improve a lot this year when staying productive and listening to criticism.

• trav%s's Photo

Trav gets a design and a spotlight.

Alex gets 5 spotlights.

Realism dies and semi-realism/fantasy flourishes. 

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Stoksy's Europe - can hope it will be finished this year but I'm not optimistic maybe 2018 release

Reddit March - progress, possible design but limited NCSO makes it a little unlikely 2017 release

Dreamworld - still have this park, haven't looked at it or built on it in months may get back to it after Stoksy's Europe no way will it be released in 2017 unknown release

Scenario Play - would like to bring this back, SCBB semi-rec is fairly complete depends if I can get back into building late 2017/early-2018 release

Idea - one is developing around building a real Australian-themed park built in the same vein as Stoksy's Europe with cityscapes integrated with surrounding coasters unknown release

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

I hope to finish my Solo design (it's a hypercoaster) and submit my first map to New Element.

• robbie92%s's Photo

I'll finally redownload RCT, only to build solely using WW/TT.

• G Force%s's Photo

My solo is probably the only thing I really intend to finish this year, or get close to finishing.  Building comes in burst rather than a consistent progress like WW and WoF were, so it will take a bit longer despite being a smaller park.

Perhaps another submission or two as well that might pop up, there's always that Euclid Beach may I intend to make into a design at some point.  Just have to see if I ever actually have the inspiration to give that a proper finishing.

As far as other member's breakout releases.  Looking forward to WhosLeon's map that he's shown a bit off, looks really nice so far.  As always, any full map LL parks are a huge treat to see, hope we have another strong year of LL and continue the trend from the last two years.  Still have the wet dream of Dimi finishing his Herschend park too...

• robbie92%s's Photo

In a shocking turn of events, ya boy has LL downloaded on his computer for the first time since 2010.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

LL BGA confirmed.

• robbie92%s's Photo

Oh, and RCT2 (with OpenRCT2) is now installed as well. Guess we're back in business.

• Austin55%s's Photo

oh shcnap

• Lilith%s's Photo

I'm working on a LL design and a full-scale Monster Hunter-themed RCT2 park. The design I expect to have finished this year but who knows about the full park, that'll be quite a while. I look forward to my post-Olympics debut hopefully this year though.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I'm working on a LL design and a full-scale Monster Hunter-themed RCT2 park. The design I expect to have finished this year but who knows about the full park, that'll be quite a while. I look forward to my post-Olympics debut hopefully this year though.

Oh man, MH themed RCT? Sign me up.

• nicman%s's Photo

Oh, and RCT2 (with OpenRCT2) is now installed as well. Guess we're back in business.

Oh, so that really was you. 

• Scoop%s's Photo
    I'm seeing a few design submissions (hopefully accolades) by me and maybe some more great server parks.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think some of the players coming out of reddit and multiplayer will do well, specifically bubsy and rwe are on my mind. As for me, i guess it depends on free time like always! Id love to finish the African parade of flags we were doing and maybe even expand it into a full scale bga thing, with a big focus on landscaping and a central savannah animal thing

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading