Contests / New Element Design Challenge 4

• G Force%s's Photo

A possible one week extension to the deadline could be granted if we do not receive enough completed submissions.  But we will have that conversation in two weeks.

• FredD%s's Photo

A possible one week extension to the deadline could be granted if we do not receive enough completed submissions.  But we will have that conversation in two weeks.

Can't that be decided before the deadline? Because if I know I won't be able to hit the deadline, the time spent on it will be decreased. Knowing there's an extension, that won't be the case. It would be interesting to hear from others were they are standing with their submissions. 

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Will maybe get to finish supporting the coaster today, so not looking good for me finishing an entry especially with real life stuff going on as well. Two weeks would help but it probably wouldn't necessarily guarantee a high-quality completed entry from me.

• Faas%s's Photo
    I'm almost finished. Just some last touches needed.
  • RWE%s's Photo
    Same for me. Will probably be finished soon...
  • Version1%s's Photo

Dumb question: If we can't meet the deadline, is it allowed to submit it as a design after the contest?

• FredD%s's Photo

Dumb question: If we can't meet the deadline, is it allowed to submit it as a design after the contest?

Why wouldn't it? :)   You can always submit a design.

• G Force%s's Photo

Actually, that is yet to be discussed.  For NEDC1, the layout was not accepted in any form for any competitive submission after the conclusion of the contest.  As what would be the point of the contest if people could just submit it for accolade weeks later? 

However, like I said, its yet to be discussed and I'm not sure if we'll carry that rule for this go-around.  But for the moment treat the layout as something exclusive to the contest. 

• Faas%s's Photo

I sent my submission in. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Actually, that is yet to be discussed.  For NEDC1, the layout was not accepted in any form for any competitive submission after the conclusion of the contest.  As what would be the point of the contest if people could just submit it for accolade weeks later? 

However, like I said, its yet to be discussed and I'm not sure if we'll carry that rule for this go-around.  But for the moment treat the layout as something exclusive to the contest. 

Contest parks couldn't win accolades back then, and they can now. 

• G Force%s's Photo

ATTENTION:

The deadline has been changed from Monday April 10th to Monday April 17th.

This means the new deadline will be Monday April 17th, 2017 8:00 GMT, 3:00 EST, 0:00 PST

Happy building!

• FredD%s's Photo
    April fools haha!

No, thanks :) Gives a bit needed breathing space.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I'm at 35-40%.  May have bitten off a bigger chunk of "park" than I should have, the surroundings are going to take a bit of effort.  I have never supported anything in 2 ever and it is a royal pain in the ass; should have done that before I started building stuff around the coaster.

• FredD%s's Photo

Submitted today. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Deadline is just over a week away!

Make sure you give yourself time to submit in case there are technical difficulties while uploading.  No exceptions will be made regarding the deadline.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Fuck, yeah likely I won't be able to finish unfortunately. Know where pretty much everything is going to go, but doesn't seem I'll have enough time. Fingers crossed of course

• Xeccah%s's Photo

D:

Anyways, I've submitted.

• G Force%s's Photo

Five entries so far!  Hope to see at least five more by next Monday morning!

• Steve%s's Photo
    Crazy. To me, this almost seems more prestigious than our last contest...the Olympics, right? Going to get even more top tier quality. Can't wait to see the entries!
  • Jappy%s's Photo

I've submitted mine, but I'm realistic about my chances. Dead sure I'm not going to win from the greats but it sure was fun building on it and that's what it's all about. I am actually more curious about the other entries! Shogo's looked great, Version1's is going to be special, ][ntamin22's looks promising, FredD's is very elaborate... Can't wait to see them all! Good luck to everyone!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading