Ask the Experts / Rejection confusion

• Noah%s's Photo

Hello everyone!

Recently, I've found out that my Lightning Loops Recreation was rejected. However, I do have a few things to say about this.

1. This design was meant to be submitted to NE for those who wanted to use it to create a more extravagant, or exact, representation of the coaster as they would see it.

2. I didn't get feedback for this coaster since it wasn't built on a multiplayer server.

3. (And Most Importantly) Not everything on this site needs to have a realistic and/or exogenous amount of detail on the design/park to satisfy other users.

So, with a heavy heart, can anyone find a way that users can post ANY park or design and not be hit with a message that it has been rejected?

Thank You.

P.s. Also, I believe there is a possibility that someone can create a recreation guide that would help anyone using OpenRCT2 be able to create these rides simply and efficiently. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Look, it was nothing against you, but official NE releases are meant to be just that, official, with a focus on quality and the best that the community has to offer.  Your Firehawk recreation fit this, it displayed solid effort and a coaster that isn't normally done in RCT.

However, with Lightning Loops, this really did neither.  It was both a simple launched shuttle coaster, and didn't seem to have much effort put into it outside of that.  Probably something you whipped up in a few hours, rather than spending time and long sessions crafting it to a higher level.

There are plenty of places you could upload and host the file, this isn't the only one.  Feel free to upload it elsewhere, and maybe link that to a screenshot of the finished product.

But look, not to be a mean or anything, but you've been a member here for what... two months?  With one release and one screen, maybe a handful of posts.  Maybe try and established yourself a bit more in the community before telling us what the website should be about.

As for a "recreation guide" I'm not sure what you're looking for.  Really the best way to go about a recreation is research, discipline and refinement.  Self learning is key to improving your RCT skills, not everything can be learned through tutorials or reading criticism.  Because ultimately it should be for self satisfaction first and foremost, not external showcase.

But like I said, if you want more tips on your park, post a screenshot or link to an external download.  Perhaps download some parks on the site as well, or read the posts on other screens, you'll probably learn a thing or two.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

It looks like you got some feedback on your screenshot of this park.  If you're just looking to offer up the layout, we've got a track-sharing topic here.

• Noah%s's Photo

Hello!

Thanks for you both on the response. Now would it be better if I planned out my creations rather than working on them in less than a few hours? Please let me know. 

Hope to start on another project soon.

• G Force%s's Photo

Yes definitely, more time will likely help you improve.

Lots of the top parks have 300-700 hours put into them.  Now obviously you don't need to do that much, but more than 3-4 would help.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading