Contests / NEDC4 Pre-Release Breakdown

• Xeccah%s's Photo

After the 2016 awards, the admins released another contest to be a filler in between the 3-year wait of another H2H. The reception has been slower than H2H7, but that fact does not discredit the likelihood of some really great releases coming out of this version of the New Element Design Challenge. This NEDC has been brought back to its 2011 roots, where Louis! has provided the layout for the contest. Unlike the first NEDC, this edition has contestants building a design entry around a tight B&M floorless coaster.

These smaller contests, in general, are great for newer players to establish their skills and break out as potential parkmakers. It also lets the top players have a chance of having another virtual video game medal being proverbially wrapper around his or her neck.

We don't have signups so I had to go off of who I knew was building or rumored to have been building an entry; hopefully this list is correct.

(Potential) Contestants

][ntamin22

][ntamin22 has always been a very innovative LL player, and its just been up to these past recent years that he's met his potential with Vermillion. Cyleal in H2H7 hinted at how ][ will conquer RCT2, but there is much to be known about how he will fare in NEDC. Expect something unique, as he has never failed NE in that regard.

Alex

Alex is the guy who you want to be right now, and the guy who you'll have to beat if you want to win anything on NE. After accomplishing little in H2H7 as a backup on the Italian Stallions, he went and had possibly the most successful year anyone has had on New Element, ever. So 2 spotlights, a near-spotlight, and a contest win later, he's making a NEDC submission. Little is known of it sans the one screenshot he showed on the discord channel, but this RCT2 entry will answer any questions left regarding Alex. Will he be able to continue on his streak of success? How well is this largely LL player going to fare in a RCT2 contest? What was that junkyard discord screen hinting at?

Faas

Faas is known for a) finishing things and b) having a cute and not-overwhelming style of building. Sometimes that style works out for him and yet other times it comes off as a lack of ambition. I doubt a contest like this will see any deviation from his building style, but hopefully there's enough substance on the map to win Design. However, he is currently 1 of 2 people that have a park submitted, so if everyone keels over and dies tomorrow, he will at least die with second place on his gravestone.

FredD

FredD has been a slowly-improving dark horse in the NEsphere. He barely got into H2H6, and in H2H7 he built on Carreira de India along with Fisch and Sulakke. He's been developing his style at a quicker pace after finishing FUCK, and now has a design and another project that show his current potential. It's anyone's guess if he will put that kind of effort in or if he fails to break the 75% barrier with his entry.

G Force

This contest may be great proving ground for G Force. He's known for building in a certain style, having nearly won spotlight with Westwinds, winning it with WoF, and now showcasing his recent project. It still comes to question whether or not he can do anything else, and designs are perfect ways to show some malleability when it comes to building style. He most likely will finish though, and his work is good enough to win a design. Placement is another question though. Will he be able to grab a higher score than Bizarro?

Liampie

Liam is the king of RCT Contests (in the modern era, we don't need Kumba to chide in here :sa: ...). He's won H2H6, H2H7, and the 2016 Olympics. In a team setting, he might be the scariest player on NE. His solo efforts have been good as well, but it has yet to be seen if he has peaked in 2010 with Legacies in that aspect. Considering this is a solo contest, there is chance for everyone else to beat Liam but also the possibility for Liam to prove he's good solo as he his leading a team.

Louis!

The person who built the layout is also building a design entry for it. Louis has a clear advantage here as he likely knows how he'd use the layout when building the ride for the contest. RRP tried doing this in NEDC1 with his unfinished Midnight Runner that some people regard to be a winner if completed in time. It is expected that Louis! will bring a high-quality entry to this contest. Will he live up to this expectation or will he fail to finish like RRP?

RWE

RWE has been a fairly new name to New Element. He was picked last on Robbie92's team for H2H7, with some nice things on that unpronounceable German-themed W3 park. His architecture is definitely in the higher echelon, but it's up to see if the rest of his skills will improve over time. He nearly won a Design, building a half-assed bobsled layout around his great structures. Since this contest doesn't rely on his ride design skills, we may see quality from him. The potability of a Design and a high finish are ... floating for him.

Scoop

Scoop is an up-and-coming player who has slowly but surely been developing his style. He's high off of a recent design win, Wraith, so his skill level is at the very least been proven of winning a Design accolade. This contest is a very big opportunity for Scoop to prove himself as an established builder on his journey to having something of his score above the 80% mark and his name recolored on the website. He can be a bit lazy with his parkmaking though, so whether or not he will win a design or place highly is ...up for grabs.

Shotguns?

It's actually pretty ironic at this point how much his name fits him, his personality, and his RCT work. Everything he contributes to NE is very hit or miss. He was Rookie of the Year in H2H7 but bombed in the Olympics, captaining what could have been easily the top team and doing nothing with it. His parks tend to be ambitious and that a lot of the time ends up hurting him. He has leaked a screen on the discord channel of it. All I will say about his release is it comes down to him finishing.

Steve

Rumor has it Steve may be entering the design contest. Although much more reliable than the aforementioned Shogo, Steve is known to have lulls in activity. It's clear he's on an upstream, with him posting new screens regularly, and he's shown his will to finish projects. If NE is lucky we may have something as charming as Fenrir was.

Stoksy

Stoksy is among the new generation of builders (Alex, coupon, Shotguns?, G Force, etc.) to have built at a high level. While Stoksy has already won parkmaker, his entry in this contest might decide if him and the New "dynasty" of RCT players can if ever stand up to the greats. A lot is expected from him, and I personally will doubt him disappointing.

Trav

Trav has always been a presence on NE, at least in this last half-decade. He's had fair showings in both H2H6 and H2H7, the latter of which he captained a team to moderate success. He seems to be on a streak of activity, since he's finished an old H2H3 park of his named Clovelly and won a Design using the 2016 Olympics Disaster Bench. The screens that have been shown on discord looked like a start to something potentially great and parkmaker-worthy. If he can finish with the same quality as he began, prepare for a fight for first place.

Version1

Version1 is largely pessimistic about his skill, which is quite a shame because this might be his chance to prove his doubts wrong. He hasn't finished very much of quality in the few years he's been on NE, and he's stagnated before. If he shifts both his attitude and mindset with RCT he may bring out a Design-winning entry. Don't count him out, even if he has.

• Scoop%s's Photo

One of the better things you've posted. I love it.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

One of the better things you've posted. I love it.

seconded. Great read 
  • Jappy%s's Photo

Great breakdowm, pretty cool to read!

Only, I'm competing too... :p

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Good stuff. Now carry on like this and actually contribute to the site in a way that doesn't come across as obnoxious and/or isn't just trolling.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I love stuff like this! I think your descriptions are pretty spot on.

My top 5 players to watch out for:

- Stoksy

- Steve

- Louis

- alex

- Shotguns

- G Force

That's six but I couldn't decide who to leave out.

• Faas%s's Photo
    Thanks Shotguns, I guess?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

^I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done. You, steve and trav are my top 3 to look forward to!

• Version1%s's Photo

This list really makes me feel out of place.

• FredD%s's Photo

This list really makes me feel out of place.

I'm not in the list either, but still had fun building on it and proud of my work.  

• Version1%s's Photo

It's just kinda funny how the list is "Here are a bunch of guys who have proven they can build Design-quality work. And if that one guy really improves, he could, too!"

• Steve%s's Photo
    Rumor confirmed; I have submitted an entry.

Great read, though, Zach. I do enjoy these types of posts. I also hope to see lots of review posts maybe contest-wide? I only say it questioningly because we could just do that on the parks pages, I guess.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I'm not in the list either, but still had fun building on it and proud of my work.

Yes you are.

Anyway I tried to be as candid as possible
  • Faas%s's Photo

It's just kinda funny how the list is "Here are a bunch of guys who have proven they can build Design-quality work. And if that one guy really improves, he could, too!"

I could be second if the rest dies. What's your point? I don't really get your compaint.
  • Version1%s's Photo

I could be second if the rest dies. What's your point? I don't really get your compaint.

Are you just waiting for me to post stuff to attack me?

• Liampie%s's Photo

What's going on?

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

What's going on?

A misunderstanding, it would seem. I don't really think anyone is really trying to attack anyone.

• Faas%s's Photo

Are you just waiting for me to post stuff to attack me?

Yes exactly. Just like Shotguns? wasn't just trying to encourage you but was activelt trying to make you feel excluded
  • G Force%s's Photo

This is freaking NE Designs, if you cant take a completely realist criticism then this is not the place for you.  I wouldn't even consider it criticism either, what he said was 100% correct in my opinion.

Why can't you guys just enjoy this instead of having to complain about every single fucking thing that people say here that you disagree with and making it into a pathetic argument about feelings.  Grow some skin or leave.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I want to see a V1 entry.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading