Releases / New Runner-Ups

This topic hosts comments for 5 parks(View Parks)
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    I guess I made a mistake via poor assumptions, I knew that...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Seriously now...Invitationals?

Nearly two months since I finished the damn thing...
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Three for me.. :@
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Not that I was involved of course (so that's a big part of it), but it's been so long I can't even remember what Invitationals are. Can someone remind me?

Thanks,

Kai :huey:
  • Micool%s's Photo

Not that I was involved of course (so that's a big part of it), but it's been so long I can't even remember what Invitationals are.  Can someone remind me?

Thanks,

Kai  :huey:

My point...exactly.

The NE Invitationals were a contest that Corky came up with about a year ago. He theorized that if most of NE's Parkmaking community created 6 of the same or similar themes, we could have an easy way of contrasting styles, as well as giving us a sense of who is the best at what theme and etc. At first a lot of parkmakers were enthused, like natelox, for one. As far as I know, myself, mantis, WME, Coaster Ed, Roboparks, and x-sector were the only ones to enter ourselves officially and only the first three of us finished. But the final deadline was October 31, and we still haven't seen the parks posted...though there's only three of them.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If they aren't up tonight i'll just post mine on the forums cos there's no point just waiting when people said they'd be up 'asap' after the deadline.

Not that anyone would look at them anyway - the whole LL community is fucked at the moment cos of the few people that still look at the parks, only a very small minority can actually be bothered to post. The rest just don't even try.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    mantis - Let's make a deal - if they aren't up by the end of the weekend, I'll make us pages. I know some HTML and you can write the summaries if you want. Of course it will be much crappier then what Adix could make it but, although I want my little baby released, I do want to see pages for them.

It's kind of pissing me off right now though. I mean it's only 3 parks for Chrissake. The reason I want to wait is because I have no idea how to make an online vote, but if we had to we could make a poll topic or something.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    From what i've heard, the poll idea was scrapped too. They were just going to be released and that was that.

I know some HTML too, and i'd gladly host pages on my space.

I'm going to re-do my site anyway so it'd be a good motivation to get the redesign done to release them.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    If they aren't going to be voted on, why haven't we seen them yet? I didn't expect more than a paragraph summarizing the park and a little bit on the 6 sections we each chose.

I think this individual thing is a good idea. Maybe we could all contribute to the writing of them.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    We could do a shuffle. I write up yours, you write up wme's and wme writes up mine or vice versa.

Mine comes with a long readme anyway.

Anyway, i'll start on my site redo tonight. It's going to be simple anyway so it shouldn't take long.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    New colors, new design, what's going into it?

I suppose I'll find out.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    It's gonna be boring, simple and plain.

For my parks, my articles and my ramblings.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!!!! or just use PM! ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    lmao Mike :D

I have a feeling that we won't have to wait long after all, other Mike!

If you're online, come on AIM, I need to talk to you.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    the graphics are finished (been finished) according to corky, so we´re just waiting on Iris.. i think they will still be voted on.. the winner was gonna get spotlight right? anways, we´d probably be best off just waiting, i hope.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    So basicaly 'NE Invitational' is just a fancy phrase for the first member voted spotlight? I'm sure that's not how Corky intended it to be? I thought the winner was susposed to be crowned the worlds best parkmaker or something similar?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    He was counting on more than just three people being bothered to enter the damn thing.

GAH!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Just saw Chronicles - another park I hadn't seen before. The first thing I saw when I opened the park was an AMAZING entrance area by harakiri - not visible on the aerial. I added some gallery screens, the first one depicts the entrance area. For the full effect you have to view it in game though. It's easily one of the best areas I've seen in LL, colour-wise. So warm and subtle.

The rest of the park was great as well, especially the Dordogne area and LA, the latter having lots of great touches inbetween the prefab theming objects. I really liked the chinese area in the director's cut version of the park as well, but nothing beats harakiri's area.

Love this park. 80/100
  • nicman%s's Photo

Satan looks insane!

I have never seen hacks or "glitches" as crazy as this.

• pierrot%s's Photo

The entrance in the burning secret never gets old. also park name really adds special atmosphere.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading