Related Games / RCT3 is in the making !

• posix%s's Photo
    Alot of rumors are spread around here in German computer magazines that RCT3 is in the making.
    It'll have a complete new graphic engine but will probably stay in 2D. (Big phew!)
    First screenshots and more information will be given out in may at the E3.

Now please, Mr. Sawyer, hear me. Not another mistake like RCT2 again. I know you can still do it. Look at RCT1 for inspiration and everything will be just fine :D :angel: :D
  • Steve%s's Photo
    cool...but if you think about it, alot of the building pieces in rct2 came from rct1...

but still great news none-the-less!
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I hope there won't be a RCT3 for a while, RCT2 has just started to reveal it's full potential and LL is still evolving. And CS probably doesn't have anything to do with RCT3, I guess it's Frontier Development (or whatever the people that made WW and TT are called) that's making it...
  • Rage%s's Photo
    I hope Chris Sawyer does return for RCT3. I agree that it should be in 2D but they could maybe incorparate a 3D walkthrough mode. It would be quite a challenge what with the amount of custom scenary but they could find a way around it. Nothing is ever impossible.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Good news. Better that they have a shot at it than not at all. I'm actually in the anti-cs camp. He works alone and for the standard of game that needs to be produced that can no longer cut it imo. Although it would be good if he was involved in some way.

I'd like to see a better way of doing the scenery. It should be possible to choose from a number of wall textures, then colours, then window/door/portcullis etc as the feature of the piece, so you can make your own scenery in the game. Textures and extra windows could be added to the game. This, I believe, would make the job of 3d exporting easier too, as well as meaning you don't need the same scenery just with a different texture of feature which I'm sure Toon would be the first to say is incredibly tedious.
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    ithere was going to be a 3D watkthru and custom scenery, every custom scenery peice would need a 2D version and a 3D version, making custom scenery making much more difficult. Also, a 3D walkthru would be complicated, I think it should be ncluded on a separate
    CD, but it should be there.

BTW, i like Deano's idea for 'custom' scenery.
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    rct3 is from my ass........Why cant he just release the friggin source code?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You know what this means right? All that custom scenery is going to be obsolete. I wonder how many people will keep building in RCT2 if an RCT3 comes out. Once you get used to a certain style and way of building, it's hard to change that. It'll be interesting to see how a new game changes the community. If it's actually good though, it will probably bring in a lot more fans.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    just to be childish if this is really true : "I was right, I was right!"

so all these pussing around for me about the custom scenery is over with, if RCT3 comes out, which i will most certainly get.

imagine the new spinning wild mouse's or the "Typhoon" rides, you can build in your parks, some giant sized spin rides like Tomb Raider at Paramount. some new "realistic trains"

and please God, let the game incorporate everything, all scenery and all rides, and not this silly crap of picking out 128 rides. In the REAL world, any park can get whatever they want, as long as they have the size, and the cash.
  • sloB%s's Photo

You know what this means right? All that custom scenery is going to be obsolete. I wonder how many people will keep building in RCT2 if an RCT3 comes out. Once you get used to a certain style and way of building, it's hard to change that. It'll be interesting to see how a new game changes the community. If it's actually good though, it will probably bring in a lot more fans.

Exactly.

I'm going to be the POSIX of rct2!!!!!!
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'd be very surprised if RCT3 didn't support RCT2 custom scenary, infact, I guarentee it will.

Not that my word on this matter means much, but eh? I won't even buy RCT3 unless it reverts back to the basics of LL in some way or form, hopefully letting you choose either custom buildings or land buildings....

~::~LLLL~::~
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    I can only see a MIX between RCT2 and LL for RCT3 if they were smart i mean.

if they did something like already refabbed buildings like in a lot of tycoon games, i am gonna be afraid but RCT would be dead.

ability of making custom buildings, and more real attractions, and not copy and past new trains, will RCT actually get any better.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    please let this be Chris Sawyer,not atari
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    If the rumor is true and the game is worth playing, I will be making the first RCT3 spotlight :SA: . I will only play it if it meets my needs though which I'm sure it won't. But we'll see how things turn out.

Kraken
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    All the objects that come with Rollercoaster Tycoon are already modeled in 3D, the stuff Toontowner makes is simply a 2D painting.
    If what you guys say is true, you are going to have to know how to model in order to make sceney for this next mod.
    That means you need to have $4000.00 to drop on 3D Studio Max, the industry standard. Goodbye custom scenery.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo

All the objects that come with Rollercoaster Tycoon are already modeled in 3D, the stuff Toontowner makes is simply a 2D painting. 
    If what you guys say is true, you are going to have to know how to model in order to make sceney for this next mod.
    That means you need to have $4000.00 to drop on 3D Studio Max, the industry standard.  Goodbye custom scenery.

No. Someone made the program for people to make the 2d painted custom objects.

I'm sure either someone will make a modeling program for us, or the game will come with one.
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Yeah. I hope RCT3 follows the trend of many games and comes with not only a scenario editor but a scenary editor, ride editor etc. I think that would be very cool indeed. We could have true strata coasters etc. I wonder if atari/Chris Sawyer will hire Toon Towner's skills for the next game. lol.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    This is good news! Here is my little list,

1. New and better scenery (not TimeT. or some of the WW shit)
    2. New coaster types, for example the Rocket Coaster.
    3. 3D walk through mode
    4. Scenery editor, ride editor ect.

and other things but i don't wanna go and name a ton of things.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Supposedly Chris Sawyer is making it. Something about him being displeased.

;) I like where this is going.

http://babble.fluxd....8226#post138222
    :)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Der Macher des Simulations-Bestsellers Chris Sawyer hat sich nachdem eher entäuschenden Add-On zu "RollerCoaster Tycoon 2" wohl die einen oder anderen Gedanken gemacht und nun die offizielle Fortsetzung der Reihe angekündigt. Somit können alle Aufbausimulanten unter Euch feinste neue Features rund um RollerCoaster und Co. erwarten.

I think he says, that Chris Sawyer doesn't like the RCT2 add-ons, and so announced rct3...
    I like these rumors! Waiting for the E3 in may....

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading