Related Games / RCT3 is in the making !

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    I plan to start next semester (two weeks), once I find out what my classes are gonna be like. It's obviously going to be better than the entire day of honors academics I had this semester, which left no free time at all. Maybe next term I'll be in better shape.

Just don't expect anything amazing. And to be safe, don't expect anything good.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Hey, I have an idea.

Anyone ever play Ski Resort Tycoon? That had the 3D thing perfect...normal sprites in normal mode, and then press a button, and see a 3D perspective from any building, ride, or person.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    ^Nice idea. Like incorparate that in with the rides to.

They need to remove all the bugs and if possible, most to all of the limits. Also they better have a rocket coaster with inversions in rct 3.

LLRCT2! (maybe 3 if it's worth a damn)
  • Lucifer%s's Photo

Hey, I have an idea.

Anyone ever play Ski Resort Tycoon? That had the 3D thing perfect...normal sprites in normal mode, and then press a button, and see a 3D perspective from any building, ride, or person.

Quite a fun game that. What with the bigfoots abducting guests, and people dieing of Hyperthermia etc. :lol:
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Hey, I have an idea.

Quite a fun game that. What with the bigfoots abducting guests, and people dieing of Hyperthermia etc. :lol:

Hmm i might have to look in to getting this game. :)
  • Lucifer%s's Photo

Hmm i might have to look in to getting this game.  :)

When people die of Hypothermia, you get sued. :D
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    umm i got it for 20 bucks, its uhh in my opinion a dull ass game. the 3D part is nice, but you have change the resolution, and the best resolution is the slowed of all. some of the stuff is pretty cool, creating tracks is a cool part, creating buildigns... its all made for you, all prefab'd buildings, so its ok.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Hey, I have an idea.

Hypothermia? Heh. Must've missed that. I got bored by the time I built a gondola to the top. The game lacks variety.

I wish, like real life, I could ride the game's gondola with two Woodstock-era hippies smoking weed and fishbowling in the fucking thing. Or does that only happen at Killington? Yeah, that's it. It's a Vermont thing, definitely.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Sounds like the return of NitrousOxide.
  • Micool%s's Photo

BtW...
    *~*LLRCT2*~*
    Yeah bitches...

This is where you could learn a lesson from me, Possace.
    They stole my shit, but am I angry?
    (fuckers)
  • posix%s's Photo

This is where you could learn a lesson from me, Possace.

Just that I, BlindGuardian and a few others had "Long Live LL" under their signatures for quite a while since you introduced the "LLLL" form.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    If I knew that, it was subconciously.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    He isn't faking it. Posix had that shit for the longest time.
    I truly think that it was Posix that started that whole fad.
    I wonder.
  • Micool%s's Photo

I truly think that it was Posix that started that whole fad.

LLLL is not a fad, it's a protest. Regardless of who created it!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    It's also quite silly.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    You guys bitch over some stupid shit. [laugh]
    But yea, you guys should probably get back to topic.

But anyways, I would still love to see Rocket Coasters in RCT3. I been wanting them for the longest time. And what Maverick said over at FluxD would be the best. Where you can size your elements. That would be fucking awesome. Also, more degrees would be nice, and make the coasters 10x smoother.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    For those of you too lazy to go to FluxD on your own to read it, this is what Nitrous is talking about...

Originally posted by Maverick
    I have come to the conclusion that RCT 3 is the "Holy crap RCT 2 sucked, what were we thinking" game... So hopefully, it will be something that the original community can see as new, without COMPLETELY changing the way the game is played.  I think the best way to accomidate the "pro" RCT coaster builders would be to put in the ability to change the orientation and size of the current elements, that way you would not need a completely new (ala NL) building style but can achieve more "flowing" designs.  That way the beginners can still make simple coasters without having to learn about vector construction.  Obviously something like that would up the requirements a bit, but not as much as having a complete 3D hi-res world to explore.  By adding more animations and allowing more path-control (for rides, landscape, and actual paths) the game could be significantly improved without losing the original feel.

my $0.01 

• rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    My friend is going to E3 :)
  • ioafreak%s's Photo
    i hope that there is an option in the scenario editor where you can use all the rides and scenery you have.

that would be great!
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

i hope that there is an option in the scenario editor where you can use all the rides and scenery you have.

that would be great!

*sigh*... 256 is the limit because thats where both hexidecimal and binary end (FF=255, 11111111=255 (counting zero, 256)). In the code, there is only one place where it tells the item's ID, meaning that at most, there can only be 256 of any one type of item. thus, the scenery limit, ride limit, etc.

The entire game would need to be overhauled to fix this, or at least change it to allow multiple sets of 256. Either way, that's far too much work to please the few enthusiasts on the fan sites when they're making millions by taking the easy way out.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading