Related Games / RCT3 is in the making !

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Sadly Midnight Aurora is very right. This could accully fail to capture many of us RCT2ers though if custom scenery cannot be made for it (or even better, moved into it). and many RCT1 purists may not go with the new game because of the architecture engine being similar to RCT2 (which is very likely).

I don't know if they'll please any of us in the end...

ride6
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Brainstorming...

1. I agree with the loops of adjustable size thing. The way it is now, it seems like you can only make coasters with inversions at two heights. The height of the loop is a function of the first drop, so with only two sizes of loops, there are really only two sizes of first drops.

2. Finish distributing the banked drops to ALL RIDES...including Arrow Hypercoasters, Corkscrew Coasters, Junior Coasters, Stand-Up non-B&M coasters, and Vekoma SLCs.

3. On big-scale coasters, you know that big steep-to-flat curve that you can put at the bottom of drops? The one that's 25 feet high instead of the usual 10? Make the height of that adjustable. On real hypercoasters, the distance above the ground at which the track begins to flatten out from the drop is at least 70 feet.

4. Corkscrews of adjustable height. This is especially important so that you can make a corkscrew as high as a big loop, for a dive loop.

5. More options on diagonal track.

6. Rocket Coasters, as someone said above. I totally agree.

7. Make the options for TA2Ks more than just a totally unrealistic hill and a turn of only one width.

8. Banked turns on suspended coasters. Banked drops, too.

9. Have a special panel so that you can change the scenery you selected in mid-game, taking scenery that you realize you won't be needing after all and putting other scenery in its place, without clogging up the scenery menu.

10. Raise the limit to how high you can build mountains.

11. Referring to drops once again. Make the curved track in which you go from steep drop to shallow drop more gradual. The way it is now, it sometimes results in too high airtime.

12. Spinball Whizzer-type coasters.

13. On 4D coasters, have a screen showing the train as you're building the coaster, so that you know what angle the train seats will be at at any particular moment, taking into account the angle of the track.

14. Make some more sci-fi stuff other than that stupid "Space Scenery," so that us Arthur C. Clarkes at heart can have more options.

15. Make scenery that will actually look good when blended in with other scenery in an environment, rather than just looking OK by itself. Right now, Toon's scenery is far better than regular scenery at blending in, at looking good in a conglomeration.

16. The option of inserting our own music into the gameplay.

17. Hot springs, dude.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Not asking for too much, are we, Panic?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    It's a whole new RCT, man. You'd think they could do some of that stuff.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    I think panic mentioned this but i think we should get a Zero G Roll like on floorless coasters and the 1st inversion on Hulk@IOA and we should get realistic Dive loops.

EDIT: Couple more things, we should also get a vertical bank turn like on Spinball Wizzer at Alton towers, and a realistic overbank for giga coasters like on MF@Cp. Have i left anything out?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Do you mean, like a barrel roll that begins while the track is going uphill and ends coming downhill?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Exactly.

It begins at a 30-degree angle upwards, twists upside-down while flattening out, then twists right-side up again while steepening down.

Ingenious, but a little tricky.

EDIT: The overbanked turns are also a good idea except they'd cover a lot of space. It's really wide on Millennium Force. But good idea anyway.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Do you mean, like a barrel roll that begins while the track is going uphill and ends coming downhill?

Posted Image
    In the pic above, the Dive loop is the 1st inversion right after the loop and the Zero G Roll is the inversion right after the Dive Loop.

EDIT: Was QOSTA's question meant for panic? Eh oh well. Enjoy the pic from rcdb.com! :)
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Or like this zero-g roll:

Posted Image

Half of this element could be used for a Dive Loop, as rctfan said.
  • John%s's Photo

1. I agree with the loops of adjustable size thing. The way it is now, it seems like you can only make coasters with inversions at two heights. The height of the loop is a function of the first drop, so with only two sizes of loops, there are really only two sizes of first drops.

Not necessarily. Who's to say you must begin a ride with a loop? The drop could go into a turnaround, and use some of the stored energy there before entering into an inversion. There's an infinite amount of combinations to slow down/speed up the coaster before an inversion to set up for the large or small loop.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Also, you can use a longer ascent with the shallow up pieces into your loop. Though adjustable loops (as well as adjustable angles on everything) would be nice...but that might be a little too much on the coaster-builder side like No Limits for a game designed more for the Tycooning aspects.

Tycooning? Yes, tycooning.
  • Panic%s's Photo

Not necessarily. Who's to say you must begin a ride with a loop? The drop could go into a turnaround, and use some of the stored energy there before entering into an inversion. There's an infinite amount of combinations to slow down/speed up the coaster before an inversion to set up for the large or small loop.

I like your style.

But for more conventional twisters, there is usually a loop after the first drop. And an inversion of any type at that speed (besides a zero-g-roll) would usually require a half-loop, therefore giving us the same problem.

However, there is always the option of working your way downhill.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    By conventional twister, I'm assuming you mean you're building a realistic Beemer with the same fucking layout they've used on every ride ever?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Doesn't have to be. It's just not normal for B&M not to put a loop right after the first drop, providing there is a lift hill instead of a launched lift. The only twister I can think of that doesn't have a loop right after the first drop, besides Hulk, is Wildfire.

For inverted coasters, the exceptions are Alpengeist and Dueling Dragons.

But it's quite the norm, on B&M twisters, to see a loop right after the first drop. After that you can do anything; unfortunately, B&M tries to pack as many inversions into the layouts as possible; that's why you get the typical four or five-inversion series, like QOTSA said. I too find that redundant.

Ok, what was this all about? Just suggesting loops of adjustable size.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I was suggesting ride ELEMENTS of different size... loops, corkscrews, barrel rolls, turns, twists, hills, etc etc etc...
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Even better. Corkscrews especially, so you can make them the first half of a dive loop.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading