Related Games / Will RCT3 parks ever get allowed?

• Tornado6%s's Photo
    Some fans of the originals (including me) likes RCT3 as well. And I'm wondering if this site will ever be open to RCT3.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    probably not. most here dont have it.
    and its just too easy to make rct3 look good.
    you can advertise it, but it wont win anything.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    We do accept RCT3 submissions (Spotlight and Design only tho) and Cork has said he's willing to judge them and I don't have a problem with that.

What I sometimes ask people to do (with RCT2 WW/TT aswell) is take some screens and send them in, seeing as most of use don't have those games installed.

If you make really strong stuff in any game RCT NE is willing to showcase it. However if the game is one we feel is not as conducive to great parks (like RCT3, WW/TT) we hold it to a higher standard.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Since I only officially play RCT3 now since the game finally lets me create anything I am for RCT3 being allowed.
    The only reason I'd say to disallow it is because the files are too fucking big.

One park is like 900000000000000000000000000 MB and the load time is murder. Not to mention the fact that you need a super-computer to run a full park.

:(

Raven-SDI
    ยง
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I think NE will be opend to rct3 in a few years if everybody has a computer which can run those large parks whitout waiting ages to load and extreem lagging, you saw it with my waterride prelim already. I used many animated scenery and people complaining about lagging already, imagine if they open a large rct3 park. The best chance for a rct3 submission will be a design because that one is relativly small ....

one other problem are the custom objects, you have to include them all in the zip or give downloadlinks to them .... some people will find this very iritating ... espacially because most parks now don't have all the same objects but use a lot of custom scenery (there isn't a limit for scenery in rct3 right ? ) so every park you download you have to add a lot of new objects....
  • Ling%s's Photo
    ^the custom scenery part is true, but if there was like one bench, with a bunch of scenery already in it that was hosted here, and submission people would have to use that. And so if they wanted to submit it, everyone could already have the scenery from the bench being hosted, and hopefully the bench would have enough different kinds of scenery to make practically anything. Just an idea.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    What there should be is Geewhzz's workbench in rct3... It would be lot of work, recoloring trees, but it would be nice...
  • JJ%s's Photo
    That doesn't solve the problem at all... You can have unlimited object selection.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I hope RCT3 will never be a trend here. I personally don't like how the peeps look. It was fun to see your peeps running around like mindless lab mice. They all looked the same. Now the look... weird. The expressions aren't very real either. RCT2 and LL peeps don't have expressions. And think about all the people in the RCT community with dialup! It takes me around 45 minutes to download a 3MB park, which usually turns out to be a pretty good park (regardless of who created it). With RCT3, I'd never get it done.

I say: NO RCT3 AT NE!!!!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Well it's here just a bit harder to achieve something. I had a design I was doing a while back, but I lost it ever since my bsod. I never recover stuff from bsod :)

I just let my files die. It gives me a chance to start fresh :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    probally we will have a TPB3D park here sooner than a rct3 park :p .
  • Ling%s's Photo
    refresh my memory... what's TPB3D
  • Levis%s's Photo

refresh my memory... what's TPB3D

Themepark Builder 3D ... a community project with the goal to make a new kind of rct game ... people like DoctorJ and Sebar are working on it ....
  • w33maniac%s's Photo

Themepark Builder 3D ... a community project with the goal to make a new kind of rct game ... people like DoctorJ and Sebar are working on it ....

Do they have a site for this project? Just caught my attention as I really appreciate all kinds of fan projects like this one.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    www.tpb3d.com
  • Tornado6%s's Photo
    I somewhat think that as soon as we all have more powerful computers, the site can handle RCT3. I haven't seen any RCT3 parks, and I have no idea on how to hack it nor do I know of any trainers for RCT3.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Bottom line, if the interest in RCT3 is there, then RCT3 spotlights would be allowed. Right now, the interest is not there, at least not on a large enough scale, maybe only 5-10% of NE'ers are interested in RCT3 right now, and thats not enough, but if RCT3 ever grew to be as popular as RCT2 is right now, then it would have to get allowed, the admins of the site, who ever they may be many years from now, would have no choice.

Personally, Im one of the peeps who is at least *somewhat* interested in RCT3. I might not build a park to submit for spotlight, but I have downloaded TONS of RCT3 custom scenery and I find it fairly easy to use. It might have taken a little getting used to at first, but so did RCT2 custom scenery when that was first introduced way back in the day.

Edited by ride_exchanger, 11 June 2007 - 08:38 PM.

• Evil WME%s's Photo

and its just too easy to make rct3 look good.

have you even played the game?
  • Carl%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah, I agree. Thats just insulting to the people who have made RCT3 look good.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I'm against RCT3 here. I used to only play it, but RCT2 and LL looks so much better. Also, RCT3 lags, shuts off, takes a long time to load, hacks differently than RCT2/LL (you have to corrupt some of the data to do so) After giving it up, my time as a (can't say parkmaker, cause I'm not) person who makes parks has been a lot more enjoyable. And it gets boring to look at after a few parks, cause they're all the same.

So no, I wouldn't allow it if I were Kumba or Cork.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading