2010 / 2010 New Element Award Voting

• geewhzz%s's Photo

Posted Image

Please make sure you've viewed all candidates before casting your vote.

The Awards Ceremony will be held Thursday, February 10th 2011, 10pm(GMT), 5pm(EST), 4pm (CST), 2pm (PST), 11pm (MET). Be sure to visit the site to participate!

Big thanks to Louis! & Liampie for doing most of the organization of these awards and the rest of the staff members in helping finalize everything.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Figure I'll explain my votes...

Best RCT2 Park: This was a no-brainer for me. SFC all the way. As a realist, I found the park spectacular, accurate, beautiful, and lively. It's the one park of 2010 that I still love to go searching for details in. CP6 is like NE's Mies van der Rohe in a way, with a wonderfully elegant, minimalist style. SFC is the epitome of "God is in the details" and, oh, what details...

Best RCT2 Design: Djinn. While I enjoyed Kumba, I felt a lot of its praise came from the objects themselves, and I found some of its colors to be overbearing, such as the tarmac. Djinn, while it's pathway was pretty bad as well (Jonny, I told you... :p), the theming was astounding. It was a completely new look and was an experience unlike Kumba for me. Darren, your design was fantastic, but in terms of originality, I have to give it to Jonny...

Best LL Park: Trinity Glades. It was gorgeous, and I can't believe my vote was so low when it came to the panel. The landscaping/foliage was godly imo, and its minimalism was incredibly appealing to me, as if it was a modern-day LL version of slob. Plus, the foliage... The foliage was the equivalent to Castle Howard imo, bringing a completely new life to LL landscaping. This was gorgeous.

Best LL Design: War of the Worlds. The hacks, the details, the story... Dave, that thing is a winner for sure.

Best Micro: Neon Nights. K0NG and BG, this was great. It was so energetic, so much fun, and really detailed. The coaster was a really cool addition, and I felt this was great in that it had a fantasy sense of whimsy, but never stepped outside the boundaries of realism.Roller coasters, shops, and clubs? Sign me up.

Most Original Creation: Pinball Wizard. It's a fucking pinball machine in RCT. How couldn't I vote for that?

Best Steel: Megaladon. A great example of a floorless coaster, with a unique layout and a great flow. Brian, that ride is one of your masterpieces imo. If only Seahawk was nominated...

Best Wood: I honestly can't remember. I thought Comet was pretty damn good as an out-and-back and acheived what I wanted to acheive, but Les Trois Mousquetaires was a fucking incredible dueler.

Best Non-Coaster: Log Jamboree. Most realistic log ride ever imo. The details, the layout, and the attention that went into it were incredible. The go-karts would be second for their realism as well. Just outstanding executions on common rides and making them something extraordinary.

Best Archy: I voted either SFC or Djinn... Just fantastic archy in both of them.

Best Atmosphere: Myst. Turtle is the most atmospheric player still working today imo. Myst was no exception to his skills.

Best Foliage/Landscaping: Trinity Glades, see Best LL park.

Best Idea: Coffin Run. Such a cool idea, and it won it for me with the coffins rising out of the graves as the lift. So cool, and such a great touch.

Best Theme: Djinn... Best theming I've seen in a long, long time.

Best Logo: V-Key... Dave is NE's best logo maker, followed pretty closely by J K. However, V-Key's logo was really, really good.

Best Write-Up: I'm proud of mine and felt it deserved the vote... Yes, that's cheap, but I'm really proud of SFC's writeup, and it was a labor of love.

RCT2 Parkmaker of the Year: CP6... You made my favorite park that's ever been made. How can I not give you that vote? Kumba would be a close second, but SFC is incredible, as are CP6's coasters in HOA.

LL Parkmaker: Roomie... He's just so versatile, and his hacks/ideas are always creative and extremely well executed. I honestly don't know why I'm even nominated for this category...

Dual Gamer: I am cheap, and I wanted a vote, so... Yeah.

Most Productive: I saw this as both number + quality of releases, and Roomie wins that for me... He's a machine, I tell ya. Kumba is a close second as well.

Most Promising: Extremely difficult for me, but in the end, I went with SSSammy. His work is just so clean and appealing, and he's a veritable dual-game talent. It was close between him and Prod, but SSSammy's LL pushed him to the win.

Best Comeback: Posix. Wait... Posix released something? Holy shit...

Most Helpful: J K. Offers some of the best feedback in the forums imo.

There you go! Hopefully others can do the same as I did and help show the nominees why or why not, in terms of votes.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I had a great time voting! However I hate how I have only one vote per category... It wasn't easy to not vote on a lot of the nominees. So much good stuff!

I'll explain some of my votes too.

Best RCT2 park: EPWS. SFC was fantastic obviously, but EPWS kept me entertained for much longer. when I think of EPWS, I think of fun details and a lively warm atmosphere. Easily my favourite! (come back, Frags!)

Best LL park: Woodfield Park was great in its simplicity. Deplhic Shores is a good second and Trinity Glades third.

Best steel coaster: Faerie > Megalodon. So beautiful. It has been my wallpaper for months actually... And custom supports are so overrated!

Best Non-coaster attraction: this was a hard category... All were pretty much equally good, IMO. I would've voted on The Flood if the first half of the ride was as good as the second, so instead I went with Untergang der Hanse. It was one of the most time consuming rides in the park and I'm more than happy with the results. I love the architecture!
    (For the record, this is the only category where I voted on myself.)

Best architecture: DJINN. (SFC being second)
    Best atmosphere: EPWS of course. Mysterium Adventures was great as well.
    Best landscape and foliage: Trinity Glades, so good!
    Best idea: Unfinished colossos statue in Kinetus Seaport by far. Oh my god.
    Best theme: Kinetus Seaport by far. Oh my god.
    Best logo: I hate this category so much. It seems like we vote for second place each year, 5Dave always wins anyway. Trinity Glades,Mysterium Adventures and Les Trois Mousquetaires, as well as unnominated logos like Carnivore, Myst, Monsters of the Underworld, Pirate Bay, EPWS, Woodfall Park, Alien and North of the Border were all among my favourites. Indeed, 2010 was a great year for logos.
    Best write-up: This is also a hard category... Every year I don't know what to vote on. I voted for Marlin, his writeups are always very nice to read! In the single writeup I did this year I liked how I found all the parallels between Spayculowse Gardens and RCT-Guide, but not enough to win my vote over some others.

Best RCT2 player: I can't remember who I voted, it was that hard! I think it was J K, but I considered voting Turtle and CP6 as well. Whatever; all of them are great players!

Best LL player: we all know who.

Best dual gamer: Robbie92. I really like Cocoa too, but Robbie is slightly better at both games. 2011 will be more exciting I think, with several members working on stuff in both games. I might have a chance too in 2011, I think some of my recent (unadvertised) shit is really good.

Most productive: Uhm... I can't remember what I voted. Roomie or Turtle.

Best comeback: John or posix. I went with John because I think his future perspectives are better. Butterfinger was the biggest surprise btw. And I really liked his park...

Good luck everyone!

edit: A fun (and incomplete) chart!

Nominations per user
    13 - Cedarpoint6
    13 - Liampie
    12 - Kumba
    12 - Roomie
    10 - J K
    10 - Six Frags
    8 - Louis!
    8 - robbie92
    8 - Turtle
    7 - RCTNW
    5 - 5Dave
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ^17 for me if you count things I did in Sonoma ;)

Still even with 17 nods I am glad robbie showed how easy it is not to vote for me on anything :lol:

It's ok, 2007 was my year :bunny:

Looking forward to the awards show... if I can make it, idk my boss keeps making my Thursday "free-days" into trips to cover high school soccer games :|
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm not gonna say who I voted for, because I think that kinda defeats the point of keeping them unknown until the winners are announced, but I just wanna say good luck to everyone nominated.

It took a while to get the nominations drawn up, but it was certainly worth it, as I feel this will be one of the best awards yet.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Best RCT2 park: Legacies. SFC is without any doubt the most realistic park ever for me, but it doesn't have the awesome theming and atmosphere as Legacies has. Although Legacies may not be executed as perfectly as SFC, I had more fun watching it.

Best RCT2 design: Comet. I simply love the everything in this: the coaster, the atmosphere, the buildings, the details, the colours. Second place is for Brachiosaurus, third for DJINN.

Best LL park: Delphic Shores. It features the two things I like the most in LL: originality and beautiful architecture.

Best LL design: War of the Worlds, for the same reason as above.

Best micro park:Awkward Evolution. Although very messy, I loved the colours and originality of this one.

Most original creation: Pinball Wizard.

Best steel coaster: DJINN

Best wooden coaster: Comet

Best non-coaster attraction: The Flood

Best architecture, atmosphere ad landscape & foliage: Legacies, that's why I think it's the best park of the year.

Best idea: monorail stacking from Brachiosaurus.

Best theme: Lübeck from Legacies. Not my favourite from the park, but very original and well executed.

Best logo: Brachiosaurus, it's funny how well the big red letters fit the park. Les Trois Mousquetaires was very beautiful as well.

Best write up: to be honest I haven't read them all. I'm going for Spayculowse Gardens because it carries the most important message for me.

Best RCT2 Player: I still think the best player is Sulakke, followed by Robbie92 and nin. I voted Liampie because I liked his work from the start and he has a very unique style. J K and CP6 are absolutely awesome too.

Best LL Player: imo it's Loopy. I voted for Roomie.

Best dual-game player: Cocoa, because I like both his RCT2 and LL. All the others are great at RCT2 but I'm not a big fan of their LL work or vice versa.

Most productive player: Looking to the quality, Robbie92. I just hope he'll finish all of his projects he's advertising now.

Most promising player: SSSammy. He has made huge progress this year.

Best comeback: John.

Most helpful member: J K.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Alright, here we go:

RCT2 park- SFC. Hands down, best park I've ever seen. Fantastically realistic, great details, everything was amazing.

RCT2 Design- Kumba. Basically echoes SFC, just on a design level.

LL Park- Delphic Shores. A sweet realistic park from LL with an awesome website to boot. I'm not really interested in LL but I loved this park for its realism.

LL Design- Congo. Robbie really nailed this design, top to bottom it was great. One of the few LL releases that kept my interest. Great water ride in there too.

Micro- Neon Nights.

Original Creation- Pinball Wizard. Like robbie said, A FUCKING PINBALL MACHINE!

Steel Coaster- Orca.

Wooden Coaster- Comet.

Non-coaster- Log Jamboree

Architechture- EPWS

Landscape/Foliage-EPWS

Atmosphere- EPWS

Idea- Pinball Wizard (see above :p )

Theme- Djinn. Perfectly executed, woulda loved to give this the best RCT2 design. Any other year, it would've been.

Logo- Bandito. Sick logo, louis.

Write up: SFC. Like a real park walkthrough, the most realistic write-up for the most realistc park.

RCT2 player- CP6. The most realistic spotlight ever + an uber-realistic set of sweet coasters in HOA. He's the best realism player ever, the best of the year, and one of the best of all time.

LL player- Roomie. Two years in a row he gets my vote. Chucking out LL designs (even an RCT2 attempt), awesome ideas that I can only imagine how hard they are to execute, and Delphic Shores' silver accolade to top it off.

Dual player- Robbie. Really emerged as one of the best in the community this year, not just in RCT2.

Productive- Robbie. Again, a few accolades in 2010, and a spotlight to come in 2011 ;) Maybe two if he finishes one of those Disney parks, or Muskoka v.67? :p

Promising- prodigy. His park are so realistic and he gets better with every screen he posts. I definetly see where a lot of you get the 'next CP6' comparison from. SSSam, I love your stuff too, man. Wish i coulda got two votes for this category.

Comeback- John. Sweet design and at least a gold from Peony in 2011.

Helpful- Levis. Knows every hack in the book.

2010 was great, here's to topping it in 2011 :mantis:
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I think most productive schould be awarded to RCTNW wich everybody seems to miss, god we'd all have to be ashamed for not voting him as most productive.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    i'd also like to point out that most productive should really be based on what has been built, not what is being built or in the pipeline.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I voted.

(that's all I have to say.)
  • Marlin%s's Photo
    In the over 4 years I've been a member here, I have recieved my first nomination!!! (It's the write-up for Hyatt Ocean Adventures). Definitely one of my better ones. Thanks guys.

Also, one of the better years for awards. I liked all my selections! Good luck everyone.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    hmm. unfortunately I'll be at school during the awards. I could only make it if it was on friday or saturday.
    aah, let's see:

RCT2 park- Myst. I figured not many would vote it over the 3 spotlights but I felt it deserved some recognition.

RCT2 Design- Kumba. well this sort of goes without saying.

LL Park- ozone's one. I thought it had just incredible architecture, especially in the entrance. and I was honored my park even made it on, but I didn't vote for it because I know its shit.

LL Design- volcanis. great layout.

Micro- kaboom.

Original Creation- Pinball Wizard. pretty damn awesome.

Steel Coaster- Faerie. Once again the atmosphere and themeing of this park is just so good.

Wooden Coaster- man I can't remember. oh wait, it was la trois mousqaitere (sp?) just a stunning layout with so many great elements.

Non-coaster- the rapids from epws. for some reason the layout of this and its station really spoke to me.

Architechture- legacies. just full of greatness.

Landscape/Foliage-trois mousqaiteres, some great foliage and river bits etc.

Atmosphere- myst, hands down.

Idea- Pinball Wizard

Theme- I'm pretty sure I said legacies. not 100% sure I remember though.

Logo- Bandito. Just so cool.

Write up: Kumba

RCT2 player- I forgot who I voted too. probably robbie.

LL player- Ozone. Don't get me wrong, I love roomie, but I find that I enjoy ozone's parks more regularly than roomies. His style is more.... refined, I guess. I don't know.

Dual player- Meee! Yay another nomination! hi 5! inflated ego away! seriously though, i figured robbie or louis would probably get it, and I do actually think that what I have going in both games is very high quality.

Productive- I forgot this one too... I think it was Roomie. was that even an option? NO wait, I definitely voted Louis! What is that, like 100 designs?

Promising- cocoa. that guy is just so handsome.

Comeback- John. I love following his peony topic.

Helpful- J_K. he's just so friendly and he really brightens up the community [/sappy]
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's fantastic to see over 50 votes already, in the short space of time they have been up :)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    seems I'm the only one who didn't vote for myself at all? yaaay for 3 nominations, though! now i just need to release something and actually get one next year...
  • posix%s's Photo
    louis, please excuse me if this is a little inappropriate to say after you and liampie have done this amazing job of putting together the nominees, but i find myself wondering over the legitimacy of "most productive member". shouldn't this really just be a count of the releases in the db, and then put the guy who has the most first? i suppose that would be roomie? i believe they don't all have the same release count, right?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Hmmm...I guess with what I said earlier, this is what it would end up being.

The point of the award was for the community to recognise who they felt was the most productive or who they think works hardest at RCT (out of the nominees). I don't necessarily think that a simple count of releases shows this.
    I mean someone could have 2 designs, 1 park and a bunch of micros, totalling at 11 releases. Someone else only has 9 releases, but has 4 designs, 1 park and the rest micros. Who is more productive? You can't base it on number of releases alone.

Everyone has an opinion on this category, the point was to award the person who, as a whole, the community felt deserving of the award, whether that person has 5 releases or 10. Every person nominated for that award has proven themselves as productive, pretty much equally productive as the other nominees in the category, it's now down to the community to decide who they think is deserving of the award, not the database.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Cant wait. I am 99.9% sure CP6 will win for most parts he's nominated in.

BTW, what IRC channel will this be taking place in?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    I'M SO FRICKEN EXCITED
  • J K%s's Photo
    Congrats to Liam and Louis for organising this! Great categories and nominations throughout. Good luck everyone.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Voted :)

Great job sorting all this out guys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading