Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• posix%s's Photo

(logo by verti and RRP)

Background
    As we currently don't have the resources for one of our larger contests, such as H2H, we felt it was time to hold a small and quick design contest. We thought GigaG's contest had some potential, but unfortunately he didn't go forward with it, despite receiving two potential layouts from RRP. After receiving RRP's blessing to use them ourselves, we came up with this contest.

Objective
    One of RRP'S layouts will be given to you in either TD4 or TD6 format. Your task is to develop it into a design entry. What you are being tested on are not your layout making skills, but your ability to set one in scene. This may be done by going all out and producing a fully blown theme in realistic or fantasy style, or perhaps giving the coaster its natural environment and surroundings it would have in a park that does not invest in state of the art theming. How you decide to develop the layout is up to you.

Sign-Ups, Workbench and Submission Deadline
    You have one week to sign up for this contest by replying below. After sign-ups, the workbench and layouts will be released in this topic and each player who signed up will be sent a notification PM linking to the respective post. You then have three weeks to complete and submit your entry as guided below.

Please submit your entry as a competitive design submission, including RRP as a builder alongside you. Please add [NEDC] at the end of your submission's name so that we can differentiate from normal submissions.

The timestamp of your submission will be reported by the database which will tell us whether you have met the deadline or not. Please be aware that there will be absolutely no exceptions given, even if you are only a second late. It is your responsibility to submit on time and to allow for potential throwbacks that may delay your submission.

Winner Selection and Release
    Each submission will be voted on by the panel. When done, the highest scoring entry will be chosen as the winner, and given the prestigious NE Design acolade (if the 65% standard is hit). All other entries will then be released as a non-competitive multimapper group park, where each map is one entry.

No Adding of objects
    Whilst we understand that some of you may miss a favourite object you like to use, not changing the given bench is intended to improve fairness, as every player has the same means. The intelligent and creative usage of these objects is the challenge of this contest. You must therefore use the given bench or else your entry will be disqualified. We will be ensuring that no objects have been removed or added with ParkDat and we will disqualify if necessary.

In the hope that this contest turns out to be successful and consequently see future rounds, you are welcome to help improve the bench by sending it to us with your suggested object changes or additions. In the end this might also help us to have a regularly updated bench for people to use.

Screenshots
    You are free to post as many screenshots of your entry as you like. However, be aware that not showing any screens would, in theory, make a bigger impression on the panelists and effectively produce more wow-factor.

That's all from our side. We hope you will sign up in plenty!

-----------------

Participants (54)
    - turbin3
    - SSSammy
    - prodigy
    - Casimir
    - Roomie
    - chorkiel
    - Tolsimir
    - RRP
    - verti
    - mardy
    - robbie92
    - hulkpower25
    - Magnus
    - Top Gun
    - Chillsons
    - highroll3r
    - disneylandian192
    - Pacificoaster
    - wildroller
    - Maverix
    - 5dave
    - Wicksteed
    - nin
    - K0NG
    - Corey
    - Levis
    - Dimi
    - Cole
    - Goliath123
    - Dotrobot
    - Infest
    - AvanineCommuter
    - GigaG
    - Psi
    - Luigi
    - trav
    - J K
    - jaguarkid140
    - Nokia
    - hosscat
    - Milo
    - RCTCA
    - wulfi
    - Super G
    - Faas
    - Valp
    - rct2isboss
    - CoolCody
    - proest
    - Liampie
    - StormRunnerFan
    - Prophet
    - Chrixz
    - Loopy

Sign-Ups are now closed

• turbin3%s's Photo
    turbin3 entered the contest :)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Wow, an official contest! Good luck everyone, looking forward to seeing the entries.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    enter me.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    i'll give it a try...
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Tempting, but I'd rather do my own layout.
    Will judging this so do your best, guys! Wanna see some interesting out-of-the box themes! :)

"MFG"
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yes, me likey ^^
    I'm in.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    really don't know if i'll finish something, cause atm there is one other big thing...
  • Levis%s's Photo
    how large is the layout (rct2) is there any screen?
    then I know if I could finnish it up in 3 weeks.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    count me in for LL :)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I'm not sure if I have time to build something good but I'd like to give it a try ! :D
  • Louis!%s's Photo

how large is the layout (rct2) is there any screen?
    then I know if I could finnish it up in 3 weeks.

The layout isnt too large, why not sign up and find out?
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    of course im in
  • RRP%s's Photo
    sign me up
  • verti%s's Photo
    I'll give it a go for shits and giggles. :)
  • mardy%s's Photo
    I'm in.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Haha, I'll do this for sure!
  • hulkpower25%s's Photo
    Sign me in
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I'm in.
    Chances I finish, 5% at best.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I'd love to enter but I'm focused on school and Raptor right now =/

Tags