H2H6 / H2H6 Rules & Regulations

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Sad to see rrp leave. He is easily one of my favorites on this site. But just wouldn't communicate for whatever reason. Everyone has different styles and personalities I guess.

With that said, I am really happy to welcome FredD! Really excited to see what he can do:]
  • Brent%s's Photo

Personally, I don't really care about aerials.
    If they take so much time, just skip it, parks must be seen in-game anyway in order to vote.
    Just my $0,02

Parks were only to be voted on when actually viewed in game in H2H5, but not this year. I haven't looked at any park in-game this season since my patch isn't working again.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I still think it's a good idea. I liked the vote codes. Even if the teams were allowed to do their own screenshot "tours" to show off the highlights, it really wouldn't be the same. You don't get to see the hacks work and the ride pacing. I don't let myself look at the overviews except in thumbnail, I wait for the downloads, and go back and forth between the parks in-game.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I believe the reason for no vote codes is the lack of Gee anymore. They were a good idea and stopped people voting when they really shouldn't. However theres not much the admins can do about it without Gee.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

Parks were only to be voted on when actually viewed in game in H2H5, but not this year. I haven't looked at any park in-game this season since my patch isn't working again.

So why are you casting votes then?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    That's it. Just don't do (full) aerials anymore for competition parks. Whoever wants to vote needs to write a ~100 word statement on what he liked/disliked.
    Anything else is just ridiculous.
  • Brent%s's Photo

So why are you casting votes then?

There was no where in the rules stating I had to actually open up a park in order to vote... so I'm going on looks alone. Sorry if that irks you or anyone else, but I know I'm not the only one who's doing that.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I think all of Brents votes should be discounted. You can't judge a park until you open it in game. My opinion of the Dogs park greatly changed when I opened up the park from when I looked at the overview.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Brent, have you read the topic of the matchup between the flying germans and the revollutionists.
    Nobody was allowed to vote unless they had seen both parks in-game.

I agree with trav. Some parks are a must-see in game.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I agree with discounting all the votes of people who have not seen the parks ingame prior to voting.

But I'm just wondering....

WHY would anyone vote without actually having looked at the park ingame? Seriously I'm sure everyone knows how long it takes to build a park and how much effort all the builders are putting in. All that just for people to distort the competition by voting without actually having tried to understand the parks that they're voting for?! I find that pretty horrible and can't believe anyone would even come up with the idea of doing this.

I don't mind the setup and it's the best possible voting system there is without vote codes but honestly...all you voters out there should not just vote without having the slightest clue of whats in the parks and what they're about. You just don't see stuff like that from the overview 100% of the time.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I agree, there is SO much content missed when only viewing the overview.
    For our Olympics park for example you can't see some views that are blocked and you miss for example the living statue and complete insides of the hotel. You also don't hear the custom music files playing where they should be heard which adds to the atmosphere (Big Ben clock tower bells on Little Ben)..

So I think there must be found some kind of solution for this. Maybe just pm a code which only can be seen ingame to posix or the other admins in order to vote..
  • trav%s's Photo

So I think there must be found some kind of solution for this. Maybe just pm a code which only can be seen ingame to posix or the other admins in order to vote..

I suggested that, but then people put forward the argument that someone could just Pm the code to those who aren't willing to look in game.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    ALSO....
    How about for every post we say the current standings.

So lets say person 1 votes for park A he'd say:

"I vote for Park A because of....

1:0"

Then person 2 votes for park B, picks up the standings from person 1 and adjusts them with his vote.

"I vote for Park B because of....

1:1"

Then it'd be easy to follow along and that would mean 0 effort!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I don't think pming the vote codes would work because I don't think it'll be easier for the admins when they get like 60pms per day just by people who want to vote.

Fisch, I quite like your idea. but I seee it going wrong quite easily, because sometimes people comment at about the same time.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    if people voted, checked the last replies, and then edited in the current standings afterwards it'd work out.
  • posix%s's Photo
    How the vote codes worked and why they're impossible without a super motivated developer:

We had several codes, creating several versions of the same park that weren't easily distinguishable because the ZIP and inside SV6 filenames were identical. The moment you clicked "Download" one of these versions was randomly linked to your member id. If you wanted to vote you had to match the code the server was expecting from your account. So only if someone told you one of the codes he had seen in his version, and by chance the system happened to have allocate that same version to your ID could you have voted without having viewed the park yourself. This chance was pretty slim obviously. I also believe it was time restricted to the length of your session meaning if you wanted to vote later after some time viewing the parks you had to re-download them to obtain a new active code allowing yourself to vote. You can see why we got some "it won't let me vote. this system is so fucking annoying... why do we have to go through this shit..." from this.

The whole management which member id received which zip and the randomisation behind it, plus the system that took in vote choice and code and matched it to the server data to check if the vote was legitimate took geewhzz a lot of manual coding. It then also took us a lot of work preparing the downloads and different codes because obviously one version wasn't enough. But we wanted to do the site well :)

Brent, I appreciate your honesty. I expected many people to vote from the aerials. Especially with LL parks. This was actually the reason why I thought fullscale aerials were necessary instead of just zoomed out versions. Yes, there's a lot to see and experience in parks, but I also feel that a fullscale aerial allows you to see the park as good as can be considering you don't have the game installed. I was hoping this would get more people interested in the contest and also get us more comments. This just reminded me of the idea gee and I once had to offer fullscale aerials from all four angles and zoom levels, oh my ...

Having someone collect vote codes manually via PM is absolutely impossible. You would have to take "download requests" by people, provide them with two downloads, randomly assign two codes to them you keep a note of while you wait until they reply back, check if they codes are correct on both parks until you would finally add a single vote. For 60 people? No.

The only option I see to improve the park viewing to votes ratio is to not show ANY park images in the match presentation. Just the names and downloads. This will make the matches look MUCH less attractive and not get outsiders interested as much though, I'm afraid. The first impression you get from the matches would be nothing but some text.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I appreciate your explanation Posix, and understand why it's impossible to have vote codes.
    I guess I'm just a bit sad a part of the community doesn't take into account what work the parkmakers put into their parks and then at least could take some time to properly vote, just to pay some respect to the time and effort the parkamkers put into their work..
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I think, if the vote codes cannot be implemented this season (and I totally understand why it's too much), what we have now is the next best thing, and a good compromise. Taking four zoomed-in full aerials isn't going to give you the atmosphere any better than one will, compared to actually opening the park. And even though people are voting on the aerials alone, there's really nothing indicating that doing so favors only one park per round. The votes should still reflect the majority opinion, and since it's winner-take-all by round, the percentages do not matter.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'm just gonna take a stab here and say.........."real life commitments"?

Not making excuses for the Stooges....just pointing out what should be obvious.

Adding Liam to the "team" has obviously paid dividends. Things run so much more
    smoothly now.

I know that at least half the time I'm here...I can look below at who's active
    and see NO admins.

But...don't blame them. They have more important shit to do. That's why they're
    admins and we're not.

And, why I'm about to take a 7 day (or more) "vacation".

3:06

If they have more important shit to do, then why not hand off the Admin rights to someone else?

Thankyou for these wonderful posts. It's so nice to hear that people have no respect for others. Yes currently the running of the site isn't smooth but thats because we are all busy doing other things, it doesn't mean that we don't care for the site.

I have recently started a full time job and ALL my spare time goes on trying to enable and develop the future of the site through learning various aspects of coding and securing hosting to continue to have the site up and running. I'm very sorry that if after all this I actually want to have time to eat dinner and sleep rather than do 'front of house' work, especially when half the members these days are completely inconsiderate and I find myself reading posts like the above after I've spent a lot of time actually working hard to make sure this site can actually go somewhere in the future.

If you don't like how it is currently then piss off and go somewhere else because I certainly don't want to put hours and hours of my spare time into this site for complete twats.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Louis... I think Kong was actually sticking up for you there...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading