Music Forum / Jesus Christ Superswag

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I've been working on the follow-up song to Kaarsvet for over a year now, and it's finally nearing completion.

This time the song is not about candlewax, but it's about Jesus Christ. He breaks with his past, registers on a datingsite and start dating. Eventually, after a couple of disastrous dates, he meets Natasja; with whom he soon marries.

Here is the teaser, a triple chorus that follows after they marry. Natasja sings about Jesus, and Jesus sings about Natasja. Sadly both characters are portrayed by the same (male) vocalist. Lyrics are in Dutch, so it might sound really weird or boring to you if you don't understand Dutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JtbgD2x9NI

Vocals: a friend of mine
    Keys: me
    Rest: programmed by me in Guitar Pro 5

I hope to finish the song this month. Might take longer if I encounter a suitable female singer. Enjoy. :)
  • MEGAMINDY%s's Photo
    dafuq...
    I'm not sure how to interpret this..
    Is this a joke about cristians?
    Is this meant to get the youth to think about Jesus in a modern way?
    It's all very unclear for me...
    I'm not in any way offended but I could understand some other people could be.
    Can you explain to me what this is about?
    Maybe it's because I don't know kaarsvet, but this is some weird sh*t you got going here.

-MM
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    The story is about Jesus choosing his own way of life, after serving his father's religion for 2.000 years. The underlying message is that parents should let their child choose their own way of life. Jesus is the ultimate example of a child that ends up suffering from the religion that he got through his parents. Not saying religion always leads to suffering, on the contrary, I recognize that religion does have a positive influence on some.

If the positive influences outweight the negative is another debate that I don't want to discuss here, this is purely about education and religion.

Honestly though, I did not intend the song to have a serious message. It started as a random joke and in the end it's still a random joke, even if the message and the song match.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    The thread-title made me LOL.

I love it when people make fun of something that others take way too seriously.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading