Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  6. 35-39 0 votes [0.00%]
  7. 40-44 0 votes [0.00%]
  8. over 45 0 votes [0.00%]
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Ages of different members came up in another thread, and I thought the stats on ages here might be interesting, as well as seeing where different members with similar personalities in their work or their comments end up on the spectrum. 

I'm 20, but will finally be of legal drinking age in only a mere 3 months.

edit 2022: poll closed by Liampie

• Louis!%s's Photo

22 (23 in a couple of months)

It's weird, cause I still think of myself as younger when I browse NE. Only to realise i've been here far too long.

• Lotte%s's Photo

15 here, i wish i started playing this game competatively at a younger age, then i would've been as good as you guys at NE's prime

• Louis!%s's Photo

At NE's prime? :

NE never has a prime. It is always constant.

• Faas%s's Photo

• Liampie%s's Photo

How old were you during NE's prime? Born 1998, NE prime is 2002/2003, so that's 4 or 5. I feel so old, thinking that you were still sucking on your mother's breast when I was already composing my first parks.

• Faas%s's Photo

Your poll is not good because my age (21) fits in two categories. 
    Also I was of legal drinking age five years ago! :D

• Louis!%s's Photo

How old were you during NE's prime? Born 1998, NE prime is 2002/2003, so that's 4 or 5. I feel so old, thinking that you were still sucking on your mother's breast when I was already composing my first parks.

I wouldn't have said NE's Prime was 2002/2003. That's when we were just starting out!

Although having said that, I would say NE has had several primes in its lifetime.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Your poll is not good because my age (21) fits in two categories. 
    Also I was of legal drinking age five years ago! :D

fixed. and what's drinking age in Holland/the Netherlands/whatever i'm supposed to call it?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I wouldn't have said NE's Prime was 2002/2003. That's when we were just starting out!

Although having said that, I would say NE has had several primes in its lifetime.

I personally think h2h5 and 6 held some of the best parks this site has seen. 

I didn't mean to double post this, I clicked the quote button and didn't notice that it happened.

• Liampie%s's Photo

what's drinking age in Holland/the Netherlands/whatever i'm supposed to call it?

You're supposed to say 'the Netherlands', unless you're referring to the western area of the country. But that would make no sense in this case, as there's not a governmental body for that area that would issue Holland-specific laws on drinking age or whatever. Anyway, the drinking age used to be 16, and 18 for heavier drinks. Since January, it's 18 for everything.

• Insanity%s's Photo

I just turned 18 on friday, but I've been messing around on rct2, rct3, Ultumate Ride, and later No Limits for as long as I can remember (I was never a good builder on any of these). Turns out I found the reciept for which my dad bought rct2 for me and it was dated july 18, 2003. So in theory, I was 7 when I began, and during NE's prime.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

You're supposed to say 'the Netherlands', unless you're referring to the western area of the country.

Sorry for playing the role of ignorant American here. My grandma's family was from Holland, and she's always referred to the entire country as Holland, so that's where my confusion stems from. Thanks for clarifying.

• csw%s's Photo

over 45

K0NG?

Anyways, I'm 16. 17 in a short month and a half. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Can people please stop talking about NE's prime lol You make it sound as if NE is dying, which it isn't :p

• Lotte%s's Photo

rct will only die when we die, or when new computers can't run it. imagine what it would be like to be the last of NE, looking at screenshots posted years ago remembering how great everything was... i won't let that happen though, perhaps we could somehow lobby with steam to add it and create a hype, i am not going to ever let this game die and hope you guys won't either, this game is eternal for my part

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

I'm 25 and now I feel old. lol. I've been on this site for 10 years but I've only recently started posting my work here as I never thought it was up to par. I'm still not sure it is, but I'm getting great feedback on it.

As far as RCT dying, I don't think it ever will until they come up with a better game which so far hasn't happened. The coaster enthusiast community is alive and well and those people will naturally be looking for a great coaster game to play. Since this is still the best, they'll definitely pick it up and start playing.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

Im 16, but ive been around for a few years now. I actually miss the old site sometimes. Mostly I just lurk here, because I feel most of what I produce isnt up to par. Im also a slow builder, which doesnt help.

As far as I can see, we have this argument every few months. Someone notices a lull in screens, and then crys about rct dieing. Then louis or another dedicated member comes along and points out that that we have a huge amout of brand new members, and alot of site actitivity and so on. Things always pick back up eventually. Rcts not going to die, as long as roller coasters are around, this will game will be too.

Theres my two cents

• Louis!%s's Photo

Then louis or another dedicated member comes along

There's no one more dedicated than me ;)

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

Correction Louis, deDICKated than you.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading