RCT Discussion / Coaster Classifieds

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Community Track Sharing Topic

This topic will operate as a hub to get cool layouts into the hands of people who can do cool things with them.

Post as though you were making a newspaper ad - 

1 - Begin with the type of listing.  Do you need a layout, or are you offering one?

2 - Next, describe the key attributes of the layout.  What type of ride, what game, and any special features it should have or conditions it needs to meet.

3 - Who are you targeting?  Is the listing open to anyone, or a selected group?

4 - How to contact you.

Example Listings:

Layout Wanted:

I am looking for a flying coaster for a park.  Can be either B&M or Vekoma.  I'd like it to have a station flyby and a (face-up) loop.  RCT2 only.  Previously used layouts ok.  PM please!

Layouts Available:

I've got a couple sitting around!  

- RCT2 Schwarzkopf looper, 1 inversion (loop), out-and-back style layout.  PM, post here, or email example@example.com

- LL Bobsled Duelers, really crazy but no idea what to do with them.  Covers almost 40x40, and I'd kind of like to see them in a fantasy park.  PM, post, or email- prior accolade winners only please.

RCT2 rapids ride, large park intamin rapids, partially themed (ancient egypt), looking for someone to work with or to just take it off my hands.  PM, post, or email.

More Info

Screens are great but of course not required.  It would generally be good to post as much info as you are comfortable sharing, so if you don't want to show a screen try describing the layout you have/need.  

Be respectful.

Please understand that not everyone is cool with every layout; if you submit a layout to a request, don't be upset if it gets turned down or you are asked if it can be changed.  Don't modify a layout you received and claim it is yours or copy from a screen without permission.  Credit layout creators in your submissions.  If you only have one or two people in mind who you feel would do your layout/park spot justice, please just PM them directly rather than posting here.

Above all, communicate!  If you aren't sure or the listing wasn't clear, ask first before modifying or using a layout.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

layout available:

LL, Arrow Suspended: see screen.

(summary:  lift straight out of the station, big swooping first drop, curl around the lift, Iron Dragon -like tangled figure eight, big S-shaped climb over the station and dive back down, upward turn into the brakes.)

Pl2M9pw.jpg

Name, landscaping, colors, and anything else (including the layout itself) are all open to change.  PM for track file, or feel free to copy from the screen.  I'd prefer to see this used in LL, but either game is cool.  Please let me know if you intend to use it.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Nice one ][ thanks for getting this up and running!

• Louis!%s's Photo

Also, nice layout. I would take it myself and build an LL park with it, because it's a really nice layout, but I don't want to stop anyone else from having it :p

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Cool idea ][. This just makes me want to collab with people, alas, right now i'm knee deep in surrealism, lol. Maybe soon

• posix%s's Photo

Quality contribution from you, as always.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Ok now I really need to find my RCT2 disk. :p

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

layout available

LL, giant wooden:  see screen

Leather Adventuring Hat is a giant triangular woodie in grand old-school fashion.  Ratings are pretty awful, which I'm guessing is down to the tight radius curve on the hill after the first drop.  Putting this up for a good home since I don't feel like tweaking it any more and tend to not use gigantic rides in my parks.

CsrljHo.jpg

Name, landscaping, colors, and anything else (including the layout itself) are all open to change.  PM for track file, or feel free to copy from the screen.  I'd prefer to see this used in LL, but either game is cool.  Please let me know if you intend to use it.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

layout available

LL, B&M invert

Crime Dharma is a small-inversion terrain-hugging B&M invert.  Five inversions total, corkscrew first inversion, loop around lift, Nemesis-inspired, fairly compact.  I give it an 8.5/10 on the flow-o-meter.

I'd like to work with someone to do a collabo design with this, or it would fit nicely in a semi-realism/realism park.  Name, theme, landscaping, etc. are all up for change.

LL only; PM for more.  

• Liampie%s's Photo

My park already has a suspended, wooden coaster and B&M Invert. :p I cannot help you out for now!

edit: Now that I think of it... We could work together on Giari Palms using the B&M Invert?

• Lotte%s's Photo

layout wanted

i'm currrently working on another project. but i really need help with it, as of right now i have a good idea for a park, but i really lack inspiration to create any good layouts for it. and rcdb hasn't helped as much as i hoped it would. so i need your help, basicly what i'm asking for is if somebody can let me use one of their old layouts, or ofcourse make a new one. it can be any of these coasters:

• a B&M wingrider, preferably without the gatekeeper kind of start

• a woodencoaster, not too sprawling, but one that's big but compact

• an inverted coaster, with opertunities for path interaction

i know i'm asking for a lot here, but what i've got is probably my best work ever and if finished my biggest work ever, so i really need all the help i can get.

if anyone has any other coasters they'd like to give that's fine as well.

• csw%s's Photo

^RCT2 I assume?

• Lotte%s's Photo

yes

• Marshmallow Peeps%s's Photo

What size/stats of wooden coaster do you have in mind? I have about two dozen good designs, or I could custom build you one. Just give me ballpark size, stats, number of trains/block sections and design ideas and I'll put up a screenshot. (BTW, which coaster is the B&M wingrider? Excuse my ignorance.)

Okay, here are some designs for you. Names and colors can be freely changed. Let me know if you want files for them.

Tropical Terror; woodie, articulated cars, 3 trains, 25x16

Attached Image: SCR7.jpg

Iridescence; flying coaster, 2 trains, 24x27

Attached Image: SCR8.jpg

Antimatter; multi-dimensional a.k.a B&M wingrider, 2 trains, 37x11

Attached Image: SCR6.jpg

• Lotte%s's Photo

thanks for your time :p, the project is still very young and i'll definitely consider it if i ever need a layout, however like intamin says below they still have some issues, the woodencoaster just doesn't work for me since it would be impossible making a properstation for it, and there's 2 lifts under and above eachother... 

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

That wooden looks pretty sweet.  Spaghetti bowl with a loop around the station and two lifts!

The wooden coaster just doesn't work for me since it would be impossible making a properstation for it, and there's 2 lifts under and above eachother... 

No worries, it was just the design I thought might fit best. I have plenty more where that came from. I'll see what I can come up with.

• Version1%s's Photo

I was bored, so I decided to try to build a Woody. It's not great, but I am satisfied with the result.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I'm looking for an intamin accelerator, custom layout. Preferably something 20x30, if possible. May have inversions or not.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading