Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Guys.... It's happening..

http://m.ign.com/art...ly-2015-release
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Also this probably should've been in the general topic? If an admin could move it that would be great

This gives me hope for a new era in the series.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

this actually doesn't look half bad

• trav%s's Photo

Yeah, the half a second of actual gameplay/static image actually looks semi-decent. 

I hope people realise that the lift hill is live action, not gameplay. 

• Liampie%s's Photo

Other players' parks can be visited, and coaster blueprints can be shared online as well

This sounds familiar... Something that rhymes with blue elephant.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Call me Skeptic Al, but i'll still probably buy it....i still play with RCT3 every long once in awhile, but mostly for the fun of 3D coasters, then i try to build something, it's terrible, and give up. TROLOLoL

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I feel like the 3d expierence is just total overload in all these games. Its cool but looks so time consuming to get everything right.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    At least they were quick to release something after that horrid looking rct4

Honestly. If anything this has the potential to grab new people into the community and it'll be nothing but good for the franchise and game we all love.
  • Lotte%s's Photo
    Guys with the looks of the buildings i noticed one thing, all the buildings look premade...
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Yeah, I'm more exited about this than Themepark Studio.

There seems to be a decent software studio behind this, and what I get from the little bit of info and video they want to capture the 'nostalgic' rct-feel.

Only thing I hope is it will be possible to import custom objects/rides and it will run smoothly..

• RCTER2%s's Photo

To be honest. I think this will be like a theme park managment online game..

What I want: a Chris Sawyer style 2.5D world simulator.. with in game custom units editor.. you can use it to build anything.. and some more features like explore in minecraft and rpg game (which can be added as a mod)

• Roomie%s's Photo

The online multiplayer co-op mode sounds interesting and could be great fun. 

The 1 second of gameplay footage so far has its good and bad points. It does look like rides are just plonked down in a field and the coaster has no banking but this is more likely because the guy who made the bit for the video was the guy who gets the coffee. 

I'm intrigued if not hopeful yet.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

I have no hope.  All of my hopes and dreams were crushed by RCT3 all those years ago.  RCT1 was so epic, CF and LL just raised the bar, then 2 came out and HOLT SHIT custom scenery!!!!  Then WW and TT came out and sucked.  Then, omg, RCT3!  YES!  THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZIN- aaaaaaaaaaand it's shit.

This doesn't look any better.  RCT2 master race fo lyfe.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    RCT2 still looks better than that shit.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    RCT2 still looks better than that shit.

Meh LL still looks better than RCT 2 :p

The 4 player co-op could be amazing fun though. Depending how customisable the game is. 

Will be interesting to see how the game fairs in the long run, In my opinion If it does well it will have a massive impact on this site and weather it survives another few years. 

• fraroc%s's Photo

I'm really excited for both actually. RCTW and Theme Park Studio....RCTW would probably bring back the money management that we all know and love while Theme Park Studio will be about building extremely realistic rides and roller coasters for both beginners and experts.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I expect a shit game and I hope it will be a hugely succesful shit game that draws disappointed people towards the older games.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

I really can't get excited about a new RCT-esque game; it took me long enough to get my building abilities up to an acceptable level in RCT2 without having to worry about an even more detailed, more complicated, brand-new game. People who start off with these games will love them and probably really enjoy playing them, but for those more involved with the older games it'll just take too long to get into and therefore won't be worth it.

• Ling%s's Photo

I'll echo my thoughts from the Reddit thread on this here.

If the teaser isn't just a bunch of smoke, it appears that they want to revisit RCT3's platform (3D engine, but same basic grid design from 1 & 2) - under certain conditions this could actually work. A lot of the problems with RCT3 are probably not too difficult to fix, and with modern computer requirements you could do things like higher-resolution textures, more effective lighting, and possibly better AI and optimization. Another feature that could use a serious upgrade that isn't hardware-intensive is the UI. Sorting these things out but otherwise having the features and content that RCT3 did (Atari still owns that content) could be a game I'd want to play. The added online features (building in the same park or one nearby other people) could be a lot of fun for online communities like this one and Reddit's RCT ring of subreddits. How they implement it, we will have to see, but for now the potential is definitely there.

Now, my reservations: the game company is basically unknown. All of their projects have abysmal ratings and they don't appear to have worked on anything this "scale" before. The teaser could easily be writing a check the game cannot cash - however, someone apparently affiliated with the company or production was in the Reddit thread responding to some of the harsher criticisms, and this more direct involvement with the RCT community tells me that they are at least reading the stuff we are saying, as opposed to Atari's previous flippantly dismissive remarks about the disaster that was RCT4M.

• render8%s's Photo

Man, I really think this game is gonna be a real let down in the end. I think the one part that bugged me about this video is the fact that the lift hill part wasn't even part of the game. It just couldn't be, especially how things looked from the top of the hill. Why that bothers me is I think that might mislead people into thinking this game is gonna look almost real life, then turns out the graphics are going to look generic compared to what can done today.

Honestly, I think if all the graphics in the game would have the level of quality that lift hill sequence had, I'd be sold for that alone. Well, and it would have to be highly customizable too. When it hit the top of the hill, I had to pause and observe what things looked like before they changed it, and really, I wasn't impressed. Everything looked a bit too generic for my taste. I know, I'm being a little too judgemental but I've been burned many a times getting all hyped up for new games based on previews and my whole getting hyped up for new RCT games pretty well died with the release of RCT3.

I think I'll be smart and wait until this has been out for a while and see what people are doing with it and have to say about it. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading