Custom Scenery Exchange / New Ride Idea. Need Opinions.

• render8%s's Photo

Hey guys. I was doing some youtube browsing today and ran across this video and wanted to see if anyone thought this would be a fun idea to try and replicate in RCT.

Sky Swatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTOmlHtaBzk

This looked like it would be a real rush to ride and thought it might be a cool idea to try and make as a custom ride. Not guaranteed I could do it, but just thought the idea sounded cool.

• Austin55%s's Photo

People have been making non functional sky swatters for ages, it'd be so awesome to see one work.

• render8%s's Photo

What do you mean non functional? Like actual rides that just didn't work, or use scenery in the game to make something that resembles a ride but didn't actually function because it was static scenery?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Using scenery and ride cars to make a stationary version of the ride in game. It wouldn't work as a ride, and it wouldn't be animated, but it would look like a swat.

• 5dave%s's Photo

http://www.nedesigns...shot/4/slammer/

Here's an example.

I think this ride is pretty hard to do, as it is very narrow and long. I don't know if it's possible to combine 2 1x4 rides or something like this, then it could work I think.

"MFG"

• tce_k%s's Photo

What about a Rhythm Dancer ride?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

There are two existing rides with the correct animation sequence and footprint (which is a prerequisite because you can't change these things). The swinging inverter ship has a hardcoded support column which kind of sucks because it makes it useless for anything that doesn't also have such a column. The magic carpet might work - I can't remember if anything is hardcoded on that. The magic carpet has an axis of symmetry that the rhythm dancer doesn't, though, and that might screw it up (though frankly, I have no idea if that kind of thing can be changed - on tracked rides you can certainly disable it).

• tce_k%s's Photo

Okay, thanks for reply.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading